Map changes

Nervous

Do you want us to replace the Davis mall with the projects?  

527 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes for both I believe, I'm not that much of an illegal RP'er so I don't really know about Davis Mall.

As for the Mirror Park houses those would absolutely help even if a little bit regarding the lack of properties that the server is currently having. 

Edited by Hendrixx20
3 minutes ago, Shagglehod said:

Incidentally if we do remove the Davis mall, I'd like to see Rockford Plaza get some mapping. Malls offer a decent amount of RP opportunities and endless business opportunities.

I was about to suggest this. I think if this happens then someone should put in charge of running it this time so it doesn’t end up abandoned again. If ran correctly, think it would be a good way for players to run a business without totally needing to depend on /bad. 

48 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

I’d suggest leaving the houses in Mirror Park as they are until they’re picked up by a construction company IC. It’d leave some room for roleplay and continuation to the server since I don’t think I’ve ever seen something like this happen in the server before.

Unless there's a specific system in place for such companies to role-play building stuff, it would just end up getting postponed for literal years. Construction used to be a thing back in the day when mining was still around - if someone requested a property or a business on the UCP, they had to pay for a construction company to actually role-play building it, and the construction company needed ores from the mining script. It was a pretty cool thing but it was very inefficient. Not sure if that's why it was removed.

Either way, there's no reason why such a developed high-class city would have so many unfinished houses. Even if, if we had a ton of them, it would be a different story but there's already a shortage.

12 minutes ago, ChickenOffSky said:

I was about to suggest this. I think if this happens then someone should put in charge of running it this time so it doesn’t end up abandoned again. If ran correctly, think it would be a good way for players to run a business without totally needing to depend on /bad. 

It could be ran as a faction - they could contract private businesses to function within, host events, hire janitors and security personnel as well as white-collar workers (adminsitrators, planners, retail managers etc.) and such. It would be a really cool and unique thing, honestly.

Are they going to impact performance? If so, please no.

I have an RTX 2060 Super, Ryzen 5 2600. I can run ANY GAME maxed out at 1080p. ANY GAME. And yet on GTAW my FPS often goes under 40 in certain areas. 

DON'T add more performance-killing stuff.

The server shouldn't cater to the 5% that play on 1440p with an RTX 3090. 

Edited by pateuvasiliu
1 hour ago, Shagglehod said:

Supported on both. Don't care about the Davis Mall, it's not really a great thing anyway.

This. The mall is misplaced and the concept can me moved elsewhere with relatively little problems. The projects would be a great addition.

Finishing up 'under construction' houses is a no brainer.