Punk rock bands, any around?

St1ll3r__

Hey,

I came back recently and I don't know if it has ever happened or not in GTA:W, having a originals punk/rock band, I guess it would be a cool concept to have in the server and have something else besides original rap and DJs. I'm thinking of starting something related to that, if you're interested please let me know, I would need someone who could sing punk oocly and I could take care of the rest of the production. The idea is to create a whole band from scratch with the characters having some what of a related background story together (like going to school together or something).

What do you guys think? Would it be good asset to have in the server? Would there be enough RP in the long term?

Let me know! 🙂

• Upvote 1

I saw a band the other day that was doing a nirvana tribute at one of the clubs but I haven't seen a band with original music on the server for a while. It's definitely an asset to the server - going to the nirvana tribute was my first fun experience at a GTAW club in months.

I would love to RP in a band but I can't sing at all irl haha so if you manage to find a singer and need other band members like a drummer or something, let me know on forum pm or kilowatt#5259 on disc. 

Good luck. 👍

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, St1ll3r__ said:

Hey,

I came back recently and I don't know if it has ever happened or not in GTA:W, having a originals punk/rock band, I guess it would be a cool concept to have in the server and have something else besides original rap and DJs. I'm thinking of starting something related to that, if you're interested please let me know, I would need someone who could sing punk oocly and I could take care of the rest of the production. The idea is to create a whole band from scratch with the characters having some what of a related background story together (like going to school together or something).

What do you guys think? Would it be good asset to have in the server? Would there be enough RP in the long term?

Let me know! 🙂

This would actually be a great idea. Most people who do bands either play tributes, or use songs from very underground bands to pose as. The logistics of creating a whole band with original music (unless one single person produces everything/most of it and the rest RP as bandmembers) is quite complicated for GTAW standards, but to be honest if there's any format other than rap that might succeed as an actual group effort it's probably punk.

Any creative effort is welcome, as a DJ and club manager, we need more acts beyond DJs, particularly with how accessible things like Menyoo and Facebrowser are, you could create a lot of cool RP both in-game and through social media.

• Upvote 1

Yes, there was a punk rock band lead by skinheads at some point but the faction they were in closed. It actually brought some variety to the server and it was actually sick rp if you attended to it.

Here’s their thread in reference, you can use it for any sort of inspiration if you like.

Edited by OddSchool
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, OddSchool said:

Yes, there was a punk rock band lead by skinheads at some point but the faction they were in closed. It actually brought some variety to the server and it was actually sick rp if you attended to it.

Here’s their thread in reference, you can use it for any sort if inspiration if you like.

wow this is awesome! basically what I had in mind but not skinheads and not so much of an aggressive sound haha thanks for the reference!

i actually got started with recording and have 2 demos waiting for vocals, hopefully someone will chip in!

4 hours ago, OddSchool said:

Here’s their thread in reference, you can use it for any sort if inspiration if you like.

im humbled. word, unfortunately the city's got 50 djs and maybe 3 ic bands, all who are inactive unfortunately. you can hire djs as "sound engineers" for their /setstation, which is what I've done and offered alternative rp to those in the music scene. posters, venues, etc and facebrowser are amazing ways to promote your shit. tbh I just used a not-so-common band with tracks nobody would recognize so it didn't sound too weird and fabricated. +1 if you have enough time to write all the lyrics in /intercom, it adds just a bit of environment to the scene; that's why I used black metal. follow the rules of the mosh pit, don't be a poser? and I'm looking forward to what u can produce

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Uncle Sancho said:

im humbled. word, unfortunately the city's got 50 djs and maybe 3 ic bands, all who are inactive unfortunately. you can hire djs as "sound engineers" for their /setstation, which is what I've done and offered alternative rp to those in the music scene. posters, venues, etc and facebrowser are amazing ways to promote your shit. tbh I just used a not-so-common band with tracks nobody would recognize so it didn't sound too weird and fabricated. +1 if you have enough time to write all the lyrics in /intercom, it adds just a bit of environment to the scene; that's why I used black metal. follow the rules of the mosh pit, don't be a poser? and I'm looking forward to what u can produce

yup that's what I've seen, just DJs and all but barely if any live music as in "instruments" being played. i thought it would be cool haha. also thanks for the tips! appreciated 😉

21 hours ago, Comradical said:

There's the Dead End Brigade. It's not traditional punk rock, but it's got a punk rock vibe to it. I wish they had a greater presence in game, but I also appreciate the fact that they're sort of an underground band.

im actually working with the guy for some vocals!! 🙂

17 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

thats true. luftwaffe was a cool project but any music related rp simply isnt feasible on this server. 

we'll still try it, why not

• Wuhtah locked this topic