Rancho closure & Doxxing

Nervous

Many of you are already aware that we closed Rancho and banned all the leaders.

We've been made aware that Rancho leaders (whose faction was closed not long ago) are spreading a Google document to claim that we "hacked" their Discord because we got access to their private conversation with all leaders containing all the metagaming, admin abuses & other rulebreakings.

Most of the document contains the evidence for their bans, however they still haven't found who leaked it. @Shanks & I have promised the leaker that we would protect his identity, and this false narrative pushed by the banned leaders is done to force us to release the name of the one who leaked it.

Their goal is also to push fear to the administrators & our team by spreading false rumors and doxxing us. It is the second time in less than 3 months that we have to ban a large faction and end up with a wave of false rumors & doxxing happening for weeks after, potentially risking my and some administrators' live by their actions.

I usually try to not answer any of these attacks publicly, but since they're massively sharing their propaganda and some of you are falling for the trap, here are few screenshots to show how it went with @Shanks and that we never hacked Captain, so we can put this fake story aside and keep going on to rebuild a new faction with innocent members :

@Shanks & I are contacted about a potential admin leak:

pc7EWsk.png

We then create a group with Shanks, the leaker and another player reporting it with the leaker :

Myvc0cX.png

We initially don't buy the story since it doesn't contain enough evidence.

We are then shared all the evidence you can see in the Google document made by captain, one of the evidence that isn't in the Google Document contains a proof that Captain was never hacked, since we have a screenshot of him actively writing & typing in the conversation while we obviously aren't typing :

GbIAp9q.png

As for the whole "Rexsmithy" fake story, here is the full context of the screen that was shared. He contacted me the 16/NOV about a youtube video and asked me if I saw it, then congratulated us about closing Rancho :

xj1k6Bl.png

He proceeds to ask me about Sleek, which I answer

4XZWFI1.png

I'll be personally filing a police report under my own name for the false claims against Captain, I hope this announcement closes any issues without putting into danger the leaker and that it'll stop so many of you giving credits to rulebreakers who are now left with doxxing as only weapon.

I gave my word that I would protect the informant of their metaming group and I would rather be doxxed & having false rumors like this spread against me than seeing his name given to these criminals, this is also why we pushed the initial narrative to them that Sleek leaked it as he was their leader, and we were trying to push the doubts in their minds to protect the informant.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 42
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 7

I am sure all of you are wondering who leaked the information on Rancho 13’s toxicity and manipulative behavior which led to its closure. I, CryptoBeauty, take full ownership of the leak and I do not regret doing so. The reason behind the anonymity was out of fear of being doxxed and harassed by those that may not agree with my decision, but it’s gotten to the point where innocent people are being blamed and receiving death threats. You can stop going down the rabbit hole to blame Nervous and Shanks as they’ve done nothing wrong. You can stop with building up fake case files against other staff and members of the community. You can stop with propaganda and most important of all, the rumors that Nervous hacked you… ridiculousness. No laws were broken in this leak whatsoever. 

Now straight to the point. I cannot form my mouth to say that Rancho as a whole was a terrible faction as that would be a lie. There are several role-players within Rancho that I can honestly say are great people. Unfortunately, the OOC toxicity overshadowed everything else and I made the decision to bring it to light to the server.

Although there is some good, it was not enough for me to turn a blind eye. The corruption among leadership, backstabbing, making fun of MY special needs CHILD that is disabled IRL who struggled to survive and who still has complications, play to win attitude, OOC plotting to close down other hard working factions, coercion to other players to get their way, staff influence, talking badly about other people in Rancho (who I will not name for the sake of their privacy) that deemed them as close friends, lying on others, getting spawn points on other players to kill them, exposing other players irl images that were sent to select leadership members in private, using VOIP almost every shootout to gain an advantage in a war, and plotting to use me as well as other players just so they can have a steady weapon and drug supply amongst other things were too much to ignore in this chat. I am disgusted, disappointed, and saddened. 

Tyj and I went to Nervous with the information I had at hand to put this toxicity to rest once and for all. Tyj did his due diligence as a staff member and I did mine as a fellow player of the community who was made aware of the burden this leadership was causing to GTAW. Some of you may hate me for what I’ve done but I honestly don’t care. At the end of the day, it could’ve been you. Rancho leadership decided to play a 4D chess game OOC against factions and individuals that ever dared to go against them instead of just having fun on the game. Now check mate.✌️

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 1