Scriptwise Illegal Jobs

latenight

There are multiple jobs for making money in legit ways which don't apply for the criminals in a realistic manner. We have tugboat fishing, hunting, rod fishing, taxi driving, trucking, 24/7 stores and ammunations. All which supported by scripts and let people make decent money without really spending too much effort(which is more than fine). But in my opinion illegal roleplayers have so few choices to make IG money. 

I know many people will say that this is no RPG server etc. but I think having some scriptwise jobs without the need of excessive player interaction could be refreshing. And It doesn't turn the server into a FiveM voice-RP bullshit just because some people can make money from NPC's, because we already have tons of legal jobs supporting the NPC-wise money making.

Burglary system: Just like trucking, we can get some boxes with different colours from random houses and load them then sell them to some place, however the house owner won't lose anything and we can put a long (10-12hr) cooldown on the system so It won't be abused.

Illegal Trucking/Smuggling - Think about smuggled goods, again different coloured boxes so PD/SD and basically anyone can identify it being illegal. We can get them from edges of the map, as in borders or the docks, then we can supply the businesses(If they request) or other spots.

NPC Drug Dropping - A job which we will need to drop X amount of meth, Y amount of weed etc. to some place, and again we can have cooldowns for this job. So you can do this job If you're a supplier or a person that can easily obtain drugs OR just a regular lone-wolf that can get drugs from gangs and supply the NPC by yourself.

In my opinion the players on the server are already well behaving and the server itself is mature/developed enough to handle these scriptwise jobs without having shitload of people just running around commiting illegal activites. Also, every job that suggest above is balanced enough for law enforcement to catch them. I definetely understand the current system which we need an admind permission to perform certain illegal activities but these activities are the main source of income for most criminals. So I think we need some soft-illegal scriptwise jobs which criminals can do by themselves without involving the admins and still making decent money.

I'm really curious about your opinions on this matter, already made a suggestion topic but felt like more of a discussion thread.

• Upvote 3

No, thank you. It is a roleplay server. There is zero need to NPC narcotics trafficking as the supply and demand for narcotics is pretty stable, at this moment. Smuggling already exists without the need of a script, and it's been roleplayed, countless times, in the past. Burglary system is not needed as we already have the necessary tools to burglarize homes.

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

No, thank you. It is a roleplay server. There is zero need to NPC narcotics trafficking as the supply and demand for narcotics is pretty stable, at this moment. Smuggling already exists without the need of a script, and it's been roleplayed, countless times, in the past. Burglary system is not needed as we already have the necessary tools to burglarize homes.

That part would actually work, if implemented properly - have illegal factions actually role-play shipments which would, in turn, affect the number of guns/drugs/stuff suppliers can give out. It would basically be the equivalent of the trucking/component system for businesses, but for illegal items.

The others, though, nope. Selling drugs to NPCs or robbing NPCs should definitely not happen on a role-playing server. That's just basic money grinding that you can find on any RPG one.

Okay then disregard the NPC drug selling, other than that why nobody goes mad and talks about

selling individual fish to the ICly managed restaurants to make money? You still NPC the buyer.

or farming and selling the harvest to actual people? You still NPC market.

or selling carcasses to actual people? You still NPC the buyer.

or working as a clerk in 24/7's and ammunations and make 4k an hour instead of in ICly managed restaurants/bars? You still NPC your boss.

or trucking. You NPC the supplier and you mostly NPC the stores that you supply, If It's not a mechanic.

or Taxi driving, you NPC the hotline. There's no general hotline in real life for taxi, why nobody gets apeshit crazy about it? Why not people try to hand little business cards to people so they can call them for a taxi rather than just going on with a scriptwise hotline?

The things I mentioned above doesn't turn the server into a NPC based money grinding server but as soon as I talk about a illegal trucking, oh god the server is about to be a gta5online or fivem server. I'm not talking about NPC's standing in the store and we /rob them for money, I didn't even say a word about robberies. The only NPC I mentioned is a drug-dropshipping thing which is okay If nobody likes it, all good. But I'd appreciate If you have something that actually makes sense other than this  "This a rp server It's not MMORPG", no shit.

43 minutes ago, latenight said:

Okay then disregard the NPC drug selling, other than that why nobody goes mad and talks about

selling individual fish to the ICly managed restaurants to make money? You still NPC the buyer.

or farming and selling the harvest to actual people? You still NPC market.

or selling carcasses to actual people? You still NPC the buyer.

or working as a clerk in 24/7's and ammunations and make 4k an hour instead of in ICly managed restaurants/bars? You still NPC your boss.

or trucking. You NPC the supplier and you mostly NPC the stores that you supply, If It's not a mechanic.

or Taxi driving, you NPC the hotline. There's no general hotline in real life for taxi, why nobody gets apeshit crazy about it? Why not people try to hand little business cards to people so they can call them for a taxi rather than just going on with a scriptwise hotline?

The things I mentioned above doesn't turn the server into a NPC based money grinding server but as soon as I talk about a illegal trucking, oh god the server is about to be a gta5online or fivem server. I'm not talking about NPC's standing in the store and we /rob them for money, I didn't even say a word about robberies. The only NPC I mentioned is a drug-dropshipping thing which is okay If nobody likes it, all good. But I'd appreciate If you have something that actually makes sense other than this  "This a rp server It's not MMORPG", no shit.

In my opinion, we should work towards eliminating NPCs as much as we can - if nothing is possible, leave it as is, but adding more is not the way to go. There are reasons behind most of the points you've made, though.

• No one would buy your fish, harvest, carcasses - there's nothing to do with it. Also, these are usually jobs for new players to get a grasp of GTA World before being able to properly jump into role-playing. Regardless, I've been supporting creating a circular system for restaurants/cooking for a long time now - at the time, we don't have the script support.
  •  The $4,000 hourly payment is a way to reward players and incentivize them to role-play jobs that aren't as interesting as others would be, or don't add up financially speaking - would anyone role-play as a massage parlor receptionist if there was no $4,000/hour salary? Or in a gun store that gets a customer or two per day? Not really.
  • No one would want to role-play a supplier for a trucking company and even if, you wouldn't be able to reliably have a company active 24/7. Otherwise, truckers supply actual businesses with components and businesses use these components to run. There's no NPCing on that part. They don't deliver crates to inexistent businesses.

And more. All in all, NPCs exist to alleviate the lack of demand in certain aspects of role-playing. That's not a problem for drug dealing or house robberies, though. People are always buying and selling drugs, people are constantly robbing properties. Why would this be an NPC job when you can already do it all already? If it were, why would anyone expose themselves to the risk of using the current systems when they can just use a /command and get the money? There are too many issues with these ideas.

After all, legal "NPC" jobs like the ones you described are in no way reserved to legal characters. It's extremely common for criminals to have some sort of (usually low-paying) jobs. It's just like on the other side - 1% thrive, the rest struggle. They have jobs. No one's stopping your illegal character from becoming a tattoo artist and getting that $4,000/hour paycheck while also providing role-play to others.

3 hours ago, latenight said:

Burglary system: Just like trucking, we can get some boxes with different colours from random houses and load them then sell them to some place, however the house owner won't lose anything and we can put a long (10-12hr) cooldown on the system so It won't be abused.

I think you should be able to steal furniture from places and that expensive furniture should have its priced increased.

Sell flat screens in the hood.

17 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I think you should be able to steal furniture from places and that expensive furniture should have its priced increased.

Sell flat screens in the hood.

That's a totally different thing but I 100% agree with it. I think it would be an amazing addition to the server, being able to steal certain types of items from houses.

It could work either by removing the furniture item itself (but remembering the type/position for whenever the owner wants to buy another one) and having that as a scripted item or, even better, create new types of businesses to sell these items (electronics: TVs, computers, laptops, audio systems; decorations; kitchenware etc. - anything "functional") as generic items that the owner can place individually (not as furniture) and can be stolen, resold etc. That would be really cool.

46 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Why would this be an NPC job when you can already do it all already?

I would actually argue "why would someone RP it if an NPC can do it?" though. You said it yourself, there is a 4k/hour compensation for jobs that are otherwise uninteresting. Now, don't get me wrong: some cool RP can happen, when you're a 24/7 clerk, but those are really an uncommon exception. So, generally speaking, it would be nice if the occupations that can spawn cool RP were occupied by players, and if the ones that have little-to-no chance of creating cool RP were occupied by NPCs ^^' 

That said, we're not really in the "super boring stale shit that should be done by an NPC" here. Dealing drugs, burglaries, gang fights, ... are a /core/ part of a gangster's RP so it would be weird if it was NPC'd out :x 

I don't entirely disagree, that it would be nice for illegal players to have options that don't 100% rely on players. As mentioned in another thread, we don't have a lot of people RP'ing drug addiction for example... while IRL, those people are many and they are the main customer base of someone dealing meth or crack. I'm not entirely sure how to compensate for that absence, though. Not sure having an illegal trucking could fix it... though it would sure keep the police busy lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic