Timezone marker along with Forum Names

StiffChocl8

This might sound like a very weird idea. Hear me out. There are about a couple hundred players like me who are online during the morning time in-game. And the interaction between players is very minimal in this time, at least as compared to the evening/night time in-game when the server is at it's peak. Just as a means to let players know what timezone they belong to, I feel it would to some degree help create sub communities that will then encourage players with similar zones to interact more with each other and plan out rp ideas and such. Not just that, it would help everyone understand small things like when to expect a response to a certain message or bids ig. Please do share your thoughts.

I was thinking more like StiffChocl8 (+05:30) or something along these lines with the tz showing inside the bracket after the forum name.

It's a good idea in theory, but it's practically useless in practice.

For example, my timezone is GMT+2. What would this tell you about me? In fact, I usually play in the mornings (7-8 AM) when I don't have classes, other times in the evenings (5-10 PM) or afternoons (12-2 PM) too. I know people who're from GMT+9 and are night owls, play at 4 AM their time. After all, the timezone doesn't necessarily impact when people are playing or not.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 3:36 PM, Mahitto said:

It's a good idea in theory, but it's practically useless in practice.

For example, my timezone is GMT+2. What would this tell you about me? In fact, I usually play in the mornings (7-8 AM) when I don't have classes, other times in the evenings (5-10 PM) or afternoons (12-2 PM) too. I know people who're from GMT+9 and are night owls, play at 4 AM their time. After all, the timezone doesn't necessarily impact when people are playing or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Decent idea but I don’t think it’s necessary nor will help anything since not everyone has a 9-5 schedule. For example, I’m in the USA but usually on in the mornings dependent on the day. Some days I’m on at nights. It varies really. This can also be a privacy breach for those that don’t want to disclose their location let alone feel pressured in responding to someone if they don’t do so when expected. As mentioned above, there’s already a location option in your profile if someone feels comfortable enough sharing that.