Junkie related RP items.

Cartoonhead

6 hours ago, Cartoonhead said:

Some of you clearly have this twisted for some bizarre reason, I never said anyone HAD to have said items on them for the drug of choice to work. I want them, ME. I'm not trying to force anything on anyone else. Settle down and remember this is a role play game, I should be allowed items I would realistically carry. 

this is people being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse, as if adding these items is going to massively disadvantage them or the server

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Actually been offered needles and other apparatus while playing junkie characters but never accepted, I'm more a chase the dragon type girl.

Seriously though, I'm sure admins can create items and I doubt many of them would mind making you some for RP if you was to /report IG, I'd just maybe be careful doing drug-related RP out in public, I don't give a shit but I'm sure a few players wouldn't enjoy seeing detailed emotes about jamming needles in your thighs or groin for a fix cause you've exhausted the shit in your arms. 

This is when you start shooting in your eyelids, fingers and toe webs, etc. LOL

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

it doesn't bother me. i'm simply criticizing this script-based approach that many people pick over roleplaying things. you don't need no script methpipe items just to have them look cool for screenshots, that's not the point at all.

I can’t remember every roleplay item I carry on me. I play this server maybe three times a week at best, and I don’t have the memory to remember every bit of paraphernalia or weird item gained by roleplay that my junkie characters collect. When I have script items, I have a semi-physicial object to hold on to, lose, or have it searched and found on that character. Sure you can do that all via roleplay, but not everyone’s got a super great memory or plays consistently enough to remember every item on them. They can also just lie about having say, needles on you. Items just make it easier to roleplay around. 

For example, a junkie character claimed to not have needles on them, they get brought into the hospital, and suddenly claim they have five needles in a cargo pocket. They simply forgot about them.

• Upvote 1

How many characters do you have to not even remember the items that a specific character holds onto himself?

It’s really disappointing to see people promoting the need of script items in order to roleplay something. You’re literally missing the whole point of Roleplay itself at this point.

It’s all about using your imagination and what you can come up to on the spot, if you feel like roleplaying a junkie and then purposefully lying not even having needles on you, then I doubt that even roleplay is for you with that play to win attitude.
It’s something you should be having fun with, I can’t even describe this weird obsession to have a specific item in your inventory just so you can rp your character however you want. (Specific item as these mentioned in this thread, needle, methpipe etc.)

Edited by OddSchool
19 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

How many characters do you have to not even remember the items that a specific character holds onto himself?

It’s really disappointing to see people promoting the need of script items in order to roleplay something. You’re literally missing the whole point of Roleplay itself at this point.

It’s all about using your imagination and what you can come up to on the spot, if you feel like roleplaying a junkie and then purposefully lying not even having needles on you, then I doubt that even roleplay is for you with that play to win attitude.
It’s something you should be having fun with, I can’t even describe this weird obsession to have a specific item in your inventory just so you can rp your character however you want. (Specific item as these mentioned in this thread, needle, methpipe etc.)

What a reach, I can't imagine the muscles being physically pulled here.

1 hour ago, OddSchool said:

It doesn’t hurt anyone and I have multiple since I get bored so I rotate. My memory isn’t the best in the first place. But it’s also just a lot more fun to have the physical item.

Not to mention you can leave it in certain areas and create scenes from the item being there. While with a CIM, you don’t know if it was already dealt with and it wasn’t deleted by the responding roleplayers.

Scripts add on to roleplay, I don’t know why this is controversial.

2 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

It doesn’t hurt anyone and I have multiple since I get bored so I rotate. My memory isn’t the best in the first place. But it’s also just a lot more fun to have the physical item.

Not to mention you can leave it in certain areas and create scenes from the item being there. While with a CIM, you don’t know if it was already dealt with and it wasn’t deleted by the responding roleplayers.

Scripts add on to roleplay, I don’t know why this is controversial.

Couldn't of said it better myself. And I really don't get why people get genuinely upset by even suggesting it should be a thing. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic