Revert the Emergency Lighting Nerfs

Thekillergreece

Detailed Description

As of 2nd November 2021, Nervous (and Oggy) decided to nerf significantly the lighting effects in order to combat the texture losses (either by improving them or fixing them entirely). Unfortunately, this, I assume, proved to be a worthless change; players (PD and non-PD) still suffer from texture losses. I am not aware if they use NVE or whatsover but they are still suffering from texture losses even in scenes where police cars were absent (thus no lighting effect to show).

The only thing that changed is the number of MVAs. Since the lighting is largely absent (even at night), players will not be able to notice that there's an on-going police scene ahead of them UNLESS the police car's lightbar is facing the player (they are the only ones the flash atm, rear lighting does not flash). This can be a problem. As of result, many drivers end up crashing because they couldn't see what was going on because the Police car's lighting is extremely dim, nearly hard to spot in distances.

Either way, it's immersion breaking that the lighting is a LOT dimmer than they are. I am proposing a reversion fo that change back to what it was since it helped virtually nothing. If a developer would like to dispute this, I would love to hear them out.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

What I mentioned above.

Edited by thekillergreece

I'm going to be honest here: I use QuantV, ENB and PRSA and I rarely get any texture loss now a days, so I'm not sure what the issue is? Before I only used VisualV without any texture drops. And then before that NVE with ENB until the trees dropped, which then I got a lot of texture loss / FPS loss. Now, my point is as followed: I don't think the lights are an issue if there are people experiencing texture loss at this very moment, so you may as well keep it that way.

1 hour ago, Airwolf said:

I use QuantV, ENB and PRSA

Unless I'm misreading what you've posted it shouldn't be possible to use QuantV, PRSA (which is an ENB) or any other ENB that isn't QuantV's default. QuantV's effects including the sky and street lights run through their custom ENB, if you wasn't using QuantV's ENB your entire game would look terrible and borderline glitched at night.

Like this:

unknown.png

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST