[BLACK FRIDAY CHARITY EVENT] Vote for a different car for the €100 charity package!

Uniquee

Poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. The options:

• Canis Mesa Add-on
    • Ubermacht Cypher Hatchback (Nervous said this will be added to the server after the event for everyone)
    • Pegassi Matador
    • Ocelot Swindler
    • Vapid Clique Deluxe Add-on
    • Albany Esperanto Coupe Add-on
    • Benefactor Stirling Add-on
    • Gallivanter Peacemaker
    • Vulcar Zodiac
    • Annis Roxanne
    • Declasse Vigero VL1
    • Karin Sigma
    • Bordeaux Sancy B4
    • Vulcar Hachura R
    • Bravado Gauntlet Classic
    • Grotti Stinger GT
    • Lampadati Casco
    • Invetero Coquette BlackFin
    • Turismo Classic
    • Declasse Mamba

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2021 at 10:59 PM

3 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

wait, i was under the impression the user who donated could decide what car they got? At least that'd make sense, or it'd actively discourage those who don't want a bowl of rice w/ wheels, and want a classic.

the idea of being ONE selected vehicle is going to discourage people from taking the 100€ package to begin with - so it's either picking a vehicle the majority wants (i.e: the point of this thread) or letting players select their vehicle upon donating

2 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

the idea of being ONE selected vehicle is going to discourage people from taking the 100€ package to begin with - so it's either picking a vehicle the majority wants (i.e: the point of this thread) or letting players select their vehicle upon donating

Well no, even a vehicle a "majority" wants isn't right when you're asking people to part with 100 euros for it. That's a lot of money, it should be entirely a choice of what THAT particular donor wants, not what ten different people selected for them?

Like human nature is inherently selfish, yes in an ideal world no one would redeem the car since they should be donating for a good cause, but the car acts as incentive, I really think Panda needs to clarify this before people go into it w/ the wrong idea. And yes, there's a different between picking a car, and having some off limits. 

Edited by Mecovy
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

wait, i was under the impression the user who donated could decide what car they got? At least that'd make sense, or it'd actively discourage those who don't want a bowl of rice w/ wheels, and want a classic.

That'll be up to Nervous, the poll is just there to see what people would want the most, hopefully we'll be able to pick from the 3 most voted vehicles, or 5 even.

10 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

-Mamba

-Casco

-Coquette Blackfin

-Monroe

-JB 700W (Because the weaponized version doesn't have machine guns on the wheel arches, and the weapons are additional addons most likely disabled by the modding system)
-Stinger
-Stinger GT

-Stirling GT

-Swinger

-Torero

-Turismo Classic

-Elegy RH8

-Schlagen GT

-Revolter

Jugular

-Seven 70

-Toros

These are all NON-Supercar vanilla/DLC vehicles according to GTA's car group labels. Don't get me started on looking up mods.

I was sadly not able to add every option as there is a limit to 20 options, let me know if you agree with the ones I picked.

Just now, Mecovy said:

Well no, even a vehicle a "majority" wants isn't right when you're asking people to part with 100 euros for it. That's a lot of money, it should be entirely a choice of what THAT particular donor wants, not what ten different people selected for them?

I think that's the critical turning point of the few looking to donate 100€, me being one. If I don't like the car selected I'm not taking it, period. It's unfortunately as blunt as that. Because if people were to freely donate to this charity, very few donations would be done by those willing and capable of sparing. The addition of rewards and benefits is a way to convince or otherwise balance the scales for the more unfortunate or skeptical ones. Where I'll be straight honest and say this is just like any other donation to me - I just find the contents of the packages made readily available to be forever far more appealing than anything in the regular WP store, so I'm taking this limited time event to my own wellbeing, donating to a charity comes as a second 'good karma' gift, per se.

It's like being present at a flash sale, you can't blame me for wanting to get the most out of the cash I have.

• Applaud 2
Just now, Uniquee said:

That'll be up to Nervous, the poll is just there to see what people would want the most, hopefully we'll be able to pick from the 3 most voted vehicles, or 5 even.

Nervous already said up to ten.

And honestly- do the math, would you bother to go into your folders and tick a hook on a vanilla car for 50 euro for your purse and 50 for a good cause?

Safe to assume we'll see just that in the end, the ability to pick your non-supercar, and possibly some even from mods, though my personal choice is from the base game and just not in gtaw.

😁

5 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

I think that's the critical turning point of the few looking to donate 100€, me being one. If I don't like the car selected I'm not taking it, period. It's unfortunately as blunt as that. Because if people were to freely donate to this charity, very few donations would be done by those willing and capable of sparing. The addition of rewards and benefits is a way to convince or otherwise balance the scales for the more unfortunate or skeptical ones. Where I'll be straight honest and say this is just like any other donation to me - I just find the contents of the packages made readily available to be forever far more appealing than anything in the regular WP store, so I'm taking this limited time event to my own wellbeing, donating to a charity comes as a second 'good karma' gift, per se.

It's like being present at a flash sale, you can't blame me for wanting to get the most out of the cash I have.

Well yeah, that's my point. Why donate through GTA W and have only half the donation go through, when you can go direct? Because there's goodies up for offer. Anything less than being able to directly pick which one I'd like and i'm sure im not the only one when I say i'd put my money into a local charity instead for a good cause? 

Also note to admins, please don't punish me for saying this; im just being realistic about the situation to try gain clarity on the matter.

edit, also Blackbird, you can get the mamba from a lease anyway? I have at least. 

Edited by Mecovy
  • Wuhtah locked this topic