[BLACK FRIDAY CHARITY EVENT] Vote for a different car for the €100 charity package!

Uniquee

Poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. The options:

• Canis Mesa Add-on
    • Ubermacht Cypher Hatchback (Nervous said this will be added to the server after the event for everyone)
    • Pegassi Matador
    • Ocelot Swindler
    • Vapid Clique Deluxe Add-on
    • Albany Esperanto Coupe Add-on
    • Benefactor Stirling Add-on
    • Gallivanter Peacemaker
    • Vulcar Zodiac
    • Annis Roxanne
    • Declasse Vigero VL1
    • Karin Sigma
    • Bordeaux Sancy B4
    • Vulcar Hachura R
    • Bravado Gauntlet Classic
    • Grotti Stinger GT
    • Lampadati Casco
    • Invetero Coquette BlackFin
    • Turismo Classic
    • Declasse Mamba

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2021 at 10:59 PM

Hello! 🙂

As we all know Nervous announced a charity event which will start next Monday, we will be able to buy several limited edition donator packages of which half of the money spent on it will go directly to the charity. With the €100 package, you will receive a car: https://imgur.com/qhegqg5. I've talked with a few people and everyone said the same about it not being a car that'll fit most characters, and that will impact the number of people that will buy said package. So that's why we wanted to create a discussion, to see what people think about it and possibly suggest different vehicle options along with it. Feel free to comment below with what you think is a more general vehicle, if we've got several nice options I will add a poll to this post so we can vote on it, and of course, only if Nervous agree with it.

Conclusion: if it's a vehicle that suits the majority (obviously it's not possible to satisfy everyone) then more players will consider buying the package and thus increasing the money that will go to the charity. 

Added the poll after Nervous' reply, thank you @StewartOff for the list of vehicles! You can click here to see them.

Edit: Poll has been closed, you can pick from four vehicles now.

Edited by Uniquee

I’d love to purchase the €100 package and have something to remember the event by as I play, but it seriously doesn’t suit my character and would be redundant as an asset.

Perhaps an existing GTAV car that’s not available in GTAW.

1 minute ago, Law said:

I’d love to purchase the €100 package and have something to remember the event by as I play, but it seriously doesn’t suit my character and would be redundant as an asset.

Perhaps an existing GTAV car that’s not available in GTAW.

I think whoever purchases that package should be able to have a voucher to choose whichever car they want, like Mahiko previously told me (ye im stealin ur idea).

or just choose something that fits everyone, a unique car that could fit anyone, not some kei car..

10 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

its a car. for charity. dont buy the package if you dont want the car, i dont see the issue

Obviously, you don't have to buy it. But that's the issue, players won't buy it because of that very reason. Meanwhile, the goal here is to raise money for the charity, so why not pick a vehicle that'll suit a wider audience or like Stewart said above; give people a voucher so they can choose between a couple of vehicles. That way we can include illegal roleplayers as well. 

Edited by Uniquee
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

The problem here is that you're not using the right incentive to purchase the expensive pack. There's many people that will choose the most expensive pack by default because they believe in the cause, or cause they have too much money, but there's also a lot of points to win with people if you offer something that is desirable over something that is not. That might just make the difference between people buying the $60 pack and the $100 pack. I agree with Law, and that car does not suit my character, and seeing as it's "exclusive" I'm not sure on the terms of being able to sell it, or scrap it, which would be a waste of $40. It doesn't serve as anything else but a collector's item, but that's not fair when it can be held against you by factions doing asset-checks and so on.

To be honest, my personal issue is that you might have the possibility of selling a unique car bought for 100€ IRL for in-game GTAW money, which would set a horrible precedent of having assets purchasable for real cash that translate to game money.

Also the idea of selling modded cars that are potentially not made by members of the community for money. I don't know the specifics of these mods and if there was any agreement, but using other people's content to encourage a purchase is not a comfortable thought.

On a more personal note, I am a long-time donator, but I just won't drive a car that just signals to people "this guy paid 100€ for this lol", regardless of what car it is.

Edited by Koko
2 minutes ago, Humour said:

The problem here is that you're not using the right incentive to purchase the expensive pack. There's many people that will choose the most expensive pack by default because they believe in the cause, or cause they have too much money, but there's also a lot of points to win with people if you offer something that is desirable over something that is not. That might just make the difference between people buying the $60 pack and the $100 pack. I agree with Law, and that car does not suit my character, and seeing as it's "exclusive" I'm not sure on the terms of being able to sell it, or scrap it, which would be a waste of $40. It doesn't serve as anything else but a collector's item, but that's not fair when it can be held against you by factions doing asset-checks and so on.

I agree with you here, ultimately it's a donation to a good cause so some will buy the package regardless if they like the car or not. But many will purchase it because they like the benefits they get from it as well, and hey, nothing wrong with that, it still brings money in for the cause.

For me it's more about a car being chosen that doesn't really have a 'neutral' position allowing for a broad variety of characters to use it putting me off from purchasing the package. However, personally I believe the car should be a permanent lease so that it cannot be sold. Then it turns into Pay 2 Win, rather than a gesture for a donation during a charity event. However, I personally would still like to use this gesture and it would equal to me buying a skin for a weapon I can't use with my class in a game. Just doesn't work out.

• Uniquee changed the title to [BLACK FRIDAY CHARITY EVENT] Vote for a different car for the €100 charity package!
  • Wuhtah locked this topic