Lower Facebrowser prices

Mahitto

I think that the whole system regarding Facebrowser memberships needs to be reworked - it would only positively impact the community. At the moment, the seem to be either rushed or not thought through whatsoever. I am talking about the following.

6lkAoJL.png

I believe that the prices seem random and are way too high - if I want to role-play a character that's an influencer or model, I'll have to purchase the VIP package, which costs 3000 WP per year. That's a lot. It would cost me 200 euros to get 2000 WP, and let's say 200 more to double it. That's 400 euros. For lots of people who're not european or have different currencies (but for europeans and americans too), that's just unachievable - it's the equivalent of 2000 euros in my country, for example, which is the two months' worth of minimum salary. For people who are either students or underage, this is already impossible to do and for people who are working, sacrificing this much money is unrealistic.

Especially since that's per account and doesn't include any other benefits, server-side, like being a donator or having a dog. Those are still separate purchases.

What I suggest is having these four types of memberships but completely change the benefits and quantities in which they come - for example, for an active Facebrowser user, there's literally no need to boost 40 pages as a VIP used (where can you even get that many?) and boosting 40 posts a year is way, way too little. At the same time, the Star package gives you basically nothing.

• Each package should be able to be purchased either dynamically (for a set period - 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1-2 years, lifetime etc.).
  • The benefits should renew monthly and should make sense
    • Verified badge
    • Featured member
    • X features (that can be used either on pages, groups, posts etc.) - this number should be higher than it is currently
    • Free credit to use on FB ads
    • The ability to customize your profile or a page in various ways

tl;dr please rethink the packages, the benefits and the prices so that people can actually afford them and find them useful.

Has been suggested before, I’d like to see the prices lowered myself. But, as something thats completely optional as part of World i dont think it’ll happen.

whats annoying though is the prices used to be much lower before when you paid in actual money and not World Points (VIP used to be like…90 euros or something?)

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't it say 'lifetime' ?

Yeah, my bad - that's what I meant. Still, it costs way too much, offers way too little and it's too inflexible - you should be able to buy each package for custom periods of time, like donator packages.

The prices are incredibly high, but it also depends on the local currency etc. What is cheap for one player can be very expensive for another. I guess the pricing location will never happen, but the current amount of money that you'd need to invest to get that nice stuff can be disgusting for some players (Eastern EU for example).

29 minutes ago, TBA said:

The prices are incredibly high, but it also depends on the local currency etc. What is cheap for one player can be very expensive for another. I guess the pricing location will never happen, but the current amount of money that you'd need to invest to get that nice stuff can be disgusting for some players (Eastern EU for example).

Totally, but I assume that 400 euros is not a small amount for most people here. Sure, it says lifetime but is it, really? You get 40 page boosts and 40 post boosts (which go away rather quickly), after you have to purchase it again. It's also 400 euros simply for Facebrowser - if you want to get a dog, or a website/software for your business, or a donator package or whatever, all of those are separate and add up.

If the prices were much lower and more realistic, if the benefits were better thought (and awarded monthly), if the time periods were able to be modified, I'm sure much more people would both be interested in Facebrowser and would purchase them (and generate a higher revenue).

Just to give some info - lifetime really is lifetime, I bought mine years ago and still have it through two Facebrowser major updates.

Your 40 page boosts - Technically limited, but if you're boosting more than 40 pages I'd be worried that you're spamming or misusing the membership.

Your 40 post boosts - Boosts on a post expire when the post becomes a month old, and then the boosts are freed up to use again, you can also unboost manually to get your boosts back.

So basically, boosts aren't single-use, you can have them active on whatever you want permanently if you go for lifetime.

As for the prices, does seem a bit steep in comparison to the previous dollar-value packages.