Amendments to rule 4 (Deathmatching)

Amendments to rule 4 (Deathmatching)  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a hard no. Brawls aren't an issue on the server. You have two options; 1. Jump in the brawl and fight OR 2. Stay away from it and you'll only get hit from the odd miss-click due to GTA V's fighting mechanics. No one wants to take part in an emote brawl. Emoted fights are just silly, I don't want to be stood watching a brawl only to see someone get suplexed onto the pavement.

Sorry, but no.

Brawls and fist fights in bars, pubs and night clubs are extremely common. Restricting it behind "perms" is not a solution.

Restricting it to RP "only" isn't, either. 

If it's unrealistic and a kid beats down an adult with no RP and without trouble? That's already covered by the powergaming rules and I encourage you and anyone to report it.

We don't need to restrict things more and more.

As was elaborately explained above:

The simple and close-to-reality fighting mechanics are a core reason for many of us to roleplay exactly on this engine and not elsewhere.

As such, this option, being absolute core of the game design, has to be preserved- detailed roleplay has its space, but so must quick escalation when it's appropriate.

52 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Emoted fights? What is this, IMVU?

Slash me plucked the blazing torch from Killconey’s grasp. He flung it at the face of the oncoming warrior. Matthias deflected it with his shield in a cascade of sparks and went after the horde leader. To gain a brief respite, Cluny pushed Killconey into Matthias. The ferret grappled vainly but was cloven in two with one swift stroke. Matthias stepped over the slain ferret, whirling his sword expertly as he pursued Cluny. Ignoring his unprotected back, Matthias failed to see Fang-burn stealing up behind him. The rat raised his cutlass in both claws, but, before he could strike, Constance had hurled the net over him.

Slash do do I succeed (yes/no) 

• Upvote 1