Minor characters and assets

HappyGecko

"It's my mom's car" is the de-facto excuse from any minors that I have pulled over. This could be valid in real life but when the mother is an NPC you either let the person get off without any punishment or consideration for what they have done or you are forced to arrest a 15 year old which is equally shitty.

15 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

"It's my mom's car" is the de-facto excuse from any minors that I have pulled over. This could be valid in real life but when the mother is an NPC you either let the person get off without any punishment or consideration for what they have done or you are forced to arrest a 15 year old which is equally shitty.

It also makes a vast difference if you're taking mom's car for a spin or roam around in it to scout for robbing targets

2 hours ago, Vassilios said:

Children aren't exempt from committing crimes in the U.S... don't know why people claim that a 15 year old can't face the consequences for committing crimes in a legal guardian's vehicle.

6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Children aren't exempt from committing crimes in the U.S... don't know why people claim that a 15 year old can't face the consequences for committing crimes in a legal guardian's vehicle.

I'm not saying they're exempt. I'd just feel like shit ruining a 15 year old's life IRL so I don't do it in-game either. Unless of course they're doing something super serious.

I mean when I was 16 and 17 I drove around my mothers car a little bit but I understand the extent of this issue and how it is way over done, I wish at the very least that these people role-played the cars being little sedans or something along those lines but I also believe that we need more common cars in the game and less mole rat related course, I don’t think minor characters should be exempt from having assets because people still need somewhere to spawn somewhere to store items they may collect along the journey of their character and so on, I do think it is silly that you cannot role-play an Mother owning a home, which I why I mostly have someone roleplay the mother until they are bored and leave. 

I think it all comes down to the fact that people want fast transportation to where they need to be, so you always seem to use the excuse that they own their mothers car or it might be assets to dig out from another character when they name changed. I don’t really mind the fact that they role-played as their mothers car because I wouldn’t wanna walk all the way down to the Del Perro beach to buy a BMX and have to use that until I’m 21 but I wish that the car choice was a little more realistic.

Hello,

lately I've come across many mallrat characters who commit crime in expensive and fast cars mainly to easily evade law enforcement if need to. It seems that the current "meta" for some mallrat characters is that they own multiple cars. One that is a cheap and I guess every day car and the others more expensive and fast vehicles that get used in crimes for the sole reason to escape quickly. It happens to me almost daily that I have a flashy car evade from me and after running the plate I am met with the mdc record of a mallrat who possesses multiple vehicles. Curious if there's any ideas how to tackle stuff like that without having to involve rpqm every day multiple times, which is why I decided to drop this discussion. I am by no means saying that every mallrat character uses sporty cars to commit a crime. There's been many cases of mallrats trying to escape in shitty vehicles as well, just something that sadly happens too often. Especially after the nerf of the Torrence, people tend to buy cars like the Rebla or Hellhound, known for their speed without keeping their characters wealth in mind.

• Applaud 2
22 hours ago, Dunc said:

Hello,

lately I've come across many mallrat characters who commit crime in expensive and fast cars mainly to easily evade law enforcement if need to. It seems that the current "meta" for some mallrat characters is that they own multiple cars. One that is a cheap and I guess every day car and the others more expensive and fast vehicles that get used in crimes for the sole reason to escape quickly. It happens to me almost daily that I have a flashy car evade from me and after running the plate I am met with the mdc record of a mallrat who possesses multiple vehicles. Curious if there's any ideas how to tackle stuff like that without having to involve rpqm every day multiple times, which is why I decided to drop this discussion. I am by no means saying that every mallrat character uses sporty cars to commit a crime. There's been many cases of mallrats trying to escape in shitty vehicles as well, just something that sadly happens too often. Especially after the nerf of the Torrence, people tend to buy cars like the Rebla or Hellhound, known for their speed without keeping their characters wealth in mind.

Does the same problem exist with non minor chars who use their wealth to commit crimes that make no sense for their char? Sure. But just yesterday we arrested 4 minors. 1 of them was 12 years old, yes 12 and he possessed a driver's license and 4 expensive vehicles. His 3 other friends who also were below 16 all owned 2-4 vehicles. I could give you a new example probably every day and before anyone says "rpqm them" I'd have to fill out 3 reports every day and that's not fun. Again if you wanna portrait a teenage gang character then make sure you portrait it as should be. Even if it means getting caught in your shitty car.

• Wuhtah locked this topic