Minor characters and assets

HappyGecko

3 hours ago, Mahitto said:

I don't think it's that big of a deal?

It hasn't even been a full day, and your unofficial suggestion of...

3 hours ago, Mahitto said:

think of 5 basic questions, 30-40 words each answer, so that the server staff can have an idea on our plans (as well as restrict people from creating them if they abuse the sytem).

...has responses following with concerns such as...

1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

The core of your suggestion and position is to damage illegal roleplay as much as you can, and disincentivize anyone from participating with that community. 

1 hour ago, sCrax said:

get over it already and stop making silly suggestions that would cripple minor characters.

I don't legitimately believe that the entire criminal community will leave, in fact I'm part of the criminal community section that thinks minors are a bit iffy in this community...

But if you so much as even talk poorly about them? Just see the responses. It's a very real and rabid gnashing of teeth that you can expect before the day's even halfway done.

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

I don't legitimately believe that the entire criminal community will leave, in fact I'm part of the criminal community section that thinks minors are a bit iffy in this community...

But if you so much as even talk poorly about them? Just see the responses. It's a very real and rabid gnashing of teeth that you can expect before the day's even halfway done.

And I’ll say the same if the roles are reversed and people are trying to exclude legal communities. The point is that as terrible as minor characters can be, they’re not worse than what we already have. Minor criminal characters are anecdotally almost always part of street gangs. And as @TinyPotato courteously pointed out, most of them look like they’re from Roblox-esque communities. Genuine attempts often have “16” year olds mumbling and fumbling like toddlers in the hood only to turn around acting like cold blooded COBRA operatives when the opps show up. Same can be said for civilian roleplay, government roleplay, any roleplay. You can’t have the good if you ban something just because there’s bad parts to it. Most of the responsibility lies with IFM and the factions that endorse, facilitate and promote dumb teen gang roleplay. 

44 minutes ago, TinyPotato said:

the fact that so many criminal characters are disproportionately minors versus adults just reveals how the cancer of teen alter egos has ruined the enjoyable frontier of criminal RP. I've seen u doofuses claim "most gang crime is done by under 18 year olds" which a cursory search of criminal arrest statistics quickly dispels.

All of your teen gang characters are terrible and should be put in the incinerator. Most of u are just playing your alter-ego self half of y'all are 16 IRL and think ur hard, i've seen ur cancerous discords. God is angry with you all and that's why sea levels are rising.

Not all of it is on the players themselves. A issue is faction leaders forcing that mindset that people only join gangs young and that they shouldnt be aging up past 18 or their early 20s. Add on when the gang has been around a long time and the leader is still early mid twenties forever. 

Edited by Momo's Revenge

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD! do you know much of my IMMERSION gets broken when I'm driving to meet my lesbian partner for some quality ROLEPLAY time together only to get into a collision with a (M) character only for them to tell me "its my mums car"

FIRST OF ALL THIS IS AMERICA BUDDY. WE SAY MOM OR MUM. It's fucking STUPID.

Please BAN all players under 18 from owning ANY assets so more of my lesbian (No homophobia PLEASE) friends can buy up the housing these CHILDREN (M) own. PLEASE.

FOR THE LOVE OF NERVOUS STOP IT!

• Upvote 2
On 11/25/2021 at 12:15 AM, shotgun_sam said:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD! do you know much of my IMMERSION gets broken when I'm driving to meet my lesbian partner for some quality ROLEPLAY time together only to get into a collision with a (M) character only for them to tell me "its my mums car"

FIRST OF ALL THIS IS AMERICA BUDDY. WE SAY MOM OR MUM. It's fucking STUPID.

Please BAN all players under 18 from owning ANY assets so more of my lesbian (No homophobia PLEASE) friends can buy up the housing these CHILDREN (M) own. PLEASE.

FOR THE LOVE OF NERVOUS STOP IT!

361f9eb430a81b48f940e6a4c8dd036a.png

• Applaud 1
On 11/16/2021 at 12:34 PM, Mahitto said:

Honestly, minor characters should script-wisely be forbidden from owning motor vehicles and properties.

This is a little extreme imo. It's hard enough getting a property and it's easier to grab one when you can before it's taken. As for vehicles, it should restrict what they can buy under a certain amount of hours.

2 hours ago, eTaylor said:

361f9eb430a81b48f940e6a4c8dd036a.png

That should be RP'd as someone taking out a loan or paying a "finance deal" that keeps them in debt for 10+ years rather than their parents vehicle.

Unless they've been slanging for years, they wouldn't be able to afford any of that, upfront.

Edited by DLimit
28 minutes ago, Dustyboi said:

This is a little extreme imo. It's hard enough getting a property and it's easier to grab one when you can before it's taken. As for vehicles, it should restrict what they can buy under a certain amount of hours.

I still believe that minor characters shouldn't own anything, and they should only be allowed to live in a house/apartment and drive a vehicle if it belongs to an actual player who can be held liable and be interacted with.

4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

That should be RP'd as someone taking out a loan or paying a "finance deal" that keeps them in debt for 10+ years rather than their parents vehicle.

Unless they've been slanging for years, they wouldn't be able to afford any of that, upfront.

If it weren't a double standard, it would be a very valid excuse. If you can role-play your 14-year-old driving their parents' Asterope, why can't you role-play a 14-year-old driving their dad's fully kitted Pariah to the dad's helicopter so they can fly to their dad's mansion? Why are you allowed to only role-play dirt poor parents and not highly successful parents? That's the problem with this.

2 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

If it weren't a double standard, it would be a very valid excuse. If you can role-play your 14-year-old driving their parents' Asterope, why can't you role-play a 14-year-old driving their dad's fully kitted Pariah to the dad's helicopter so they can fly to their dad's mansion? Why are you allowed to only role-play dirt poor parents and not highly successful parents? That's the problem with this.

But you can though, that's the thing. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic