Minor characters and assets

HappyGecko

RP > Script

If someone want to rp 15-16 driving a shitbox or their (NPC) parent’s cheap vehicle then let them be.

If a minor is driving a sports car (*cough* 18 *cough*) then it should be RPQM job to regulate this kind of situation.

I really don't see how people with (M)’s NPC roleplaying their parents cars or living with their parents any problems as it brings no advantage. 

Edited by PrinceCane
  • Upvote 2
On 11/17/2021 at 1:02 AM, HappyGecko said:

I feel like this derailed a little. I am by no means intending to stop minors from driving or owning cars. I however find it strongly weird that the meta for a lot of people is to use flashy and sporty cars driven by 15-16 year old kids for gang hits. Correct me if I am wrong but that's exactly why the speed of the Torrence got nerfed, because everyone used them for hits and robberies for an easy escape route. Same with the BF 400. Now i understand that you can't keep nerfing vehicles but the issue still stands.

I think you've addressed a point on the issue. You're right, it's meta and a lot of people use flashy sports cars for gang hits, why? Because every other car out there in the server is modded to the tits for speed, including the police. 90% of the vehicles being advertised on the forums and IG usually have performance mods done to them, and they sell it cheaper than what it'd cost stock. That being said, it's a huge disadvantage, and that flashy sportscar could mean the difference when on the glide. Is it realistic? No. But neither is the majority of vehicles in GTAW. The problem was created out of the environment ya'll made. That's my take atleast.

4 hours ago, PrinceCane said:

I really don't see how people with (M)’s NPC roleplaying their parents cars or living with their parents any problems as it brings no advantage.

I haven't seen it much lately, so I won't speak on if it's still a rampant problem, but what you used to see a lot of was minor characters who owned an apartment and a half dozen cars and would cry it's their parents when they got in trouble. And more specifically, it came up during a fugitive hunt. The person actually said "I don't own this place, my mom does, and we don't have the same last name, how'd you find me metagamer?" Mom of course is an NPC and doesn't actually exist in game. And of course everyone is supposed to know that I guess, and then we nobody did, I guess the LEO's were supposed to be like "Ohhh, okay. Well nevermind. Get you next time." when everything lined up as correct. Wouldn't have been a big deal if there wasn't a copious amount of guns and drugs in the house. Like a parent isn't gonna notice that. And like a driver's license doesn't have an address on it.

So it is/was being used as a shield to keep an age range of characters out of trouble. Like I said, I don't know if it's still as much of an issue as it used to be, but I know a lot of people were rolling their eyes pretty hard about it when it was happening.

51 minutes ago, yungskywalker said:

I think you've addressed a point on the issue. You're right, it's meta and a lot of people use flashy sports cars for gang hits, why? Because every other car out there in the server is modded to the tits for speed, including the police. 90% of the vehicles being advertised on the forums and IG usually have performance mods done to them, and they sell it cheaper than what it'd cost stock. That being said, it's a huge disadvantage, and that flashy sportscar could mean the difference when on the glide. Is it realistic? No. But neither is the majority of vehicles in GTAW. The problem was created out of the environment ya'll made. That's my take atleast.

See thats the thing. Nobody forces someone to play a minor in a gang. If you get caught cause your character can't afford a decent car? Then so be it. You chose to portrait a poor struggling teen raised in the wrong area of town who tries to get by. Id rather get caught in my Primo than evade in a flashy car. Cause in the end? Portrayal is more important to me than not doing jail time.

• Upvote 1

Some sort of family system would be cool tbh for those that do RP siblings and or parents for example. So they could register it script wise, sort of like marriage, but not asset sharing.
like /invitefamily or just /family and fill it in yourself.. parents names, siblings or info that would be in records if you're a citizen. Similar to attributes but maybe with fields to fill in to make records?  Mostly to put it in a register for authorities to use I guess.

And  a gimped support character slot to control someone's parent occasionally xD

• Wuhtah locked this topic