Minor characters and assets

HappyGecko

1 minute ago, DLimit said:

The topics mentioning teens riding expensive vehicles and owning 16 cars. That's poor portrayal. 

But, for a minor to have access for a cheap family van? Shouldn't be a problem, at all.

There's still a problem with that. Some parents would, but most parents wouldn't let their minor kid drive a vehicle on a public road without having a license. The problem is, besides the fact that it's just unrealistic, that there are no consequences to anything for people RPing as minors. Realistically, they'd have families and they'd sure get a whooping every once in a while, especially considering what they're usually doing. In-game, though? They're full of gang affiliations, hanging out all day dealing drugs, owning houses, driving cars, traveling the city and robbing people then going to prison for kidnapping, extortion and murder. Any no one role-plays any of that - no minor character ends as being locked inside the house or sent out-of-state to a catholic school. They all have inexistent parents when it benefits them, but they vanish once they become an impediment.

It should also have the same rule applied to it - if an item is on you, then it's on you; if an asset is in your name, then it's in your name. Why is John not be able to claim that his wanted vehicle is registered in an inexistent NPC's name, but some kiddo can? It makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Mahitto said:

There's still a problem with that. Some parents would, but most parents wouldn't let their minor kid drive a vehicle on a public road without having a license. The problem is, besides the fact that it's just unrealistic, that there are no consequences to anything for people RPing as minors. Realistically, they'd have families and they'd sure get a whooping every once in a while, especially considering what they're usually doing. In-game, though? They're full of gang affiliations, hanging out all day dealing drugs, owning houses, driving cars, traveling the city and robbing people then going to prison for kidnapping, extortion and murder. Any no one role-plays any of that - no minor character ends as being locked inside the house or sent out-of-state to a catholic school. They all have inexistent parents when it benefits them, but they vanish once they become an impediment.

It should also have the same rule applied to it - if an item is on you, then it's on you; if an asset is in your name, then it's in your name. Why is John not be able to claim that his wanted vehicle is registered in an inexistent NPC's name, but some kiddo can? It makes no sense.

"There's still a problem with that. Some parents would, but most parents wouldn't let their minor kid drive a vehicle on a public road without having a license."

We're talking about 16 year olds, here. 

" Realistically, they'd have families and they'd sure get a whooping every once in a while, especially considering what they're usually doing. In-game, though? They're full of gang affiliations, hanging out all day dealing drugs, owning houses, driving cars, traveling the city and robbing people then going to prison for kidnapping, extortion and murder."

Some families simply don't care or are irresponsible. Others try to punish their children, but fail. Other families are overpowered by their gang-banging child who has connects that would probably murder them. Others may, in fact, have had been raised in such an environment and passed it down to their children. There's numerous variables to take into consideration before jumping to conclusions. You'd think poverty-ridden parents can afford Catholic school? Hardly the case. Most of the time, the situation for these gang-banging youths is that they have a single working-class mother that probably spends most of her day, labouring two minimum-waged jobs to survive. But, too many variables to take into consideration.

"Any no one role-plays any of that - no minor character ends as being locked inside the house or sent out-of-state to a catholic school. They all have inexistent parents when it benefits them, but they vanish once they become an impediment."

No one? I've seen countless situations, within illegal factions and groups, where the teens complain about their parents. I'm curious, but have you RP'd in any gang-based groups or factions? Because I've seen it 1000s of times.

"It should also have the same rule applied to it - if an item is on you, then it's on you; if an asset is in your name, then it's in your name. Why is John not be able to claim that his wanted vehicle is registered in an inexistent NPC's name, but some kiddo can? It makes no sense."

It'd be realistic to have it under the caregiver's name. Doesn't mean that the child doesn't suffer the consequences of it. The properties or assets can still get raided, seized, destroyed etc... there's no real "benefit" to this.

It appears people really want to see illegal rp being stopped and anything to do with it. I rp that my two properties are owned by my 16 year old characters father and grandmother, it makes more sense. I have a Baller car but I don’t spawn it because it’s unrealistic for her to have. I don’t think saying if you’re under 18 then you can’t own properties or assets because in reality people under 18 can still own properties and assets. Stop crying and start understanding that it’s not metagame or powergame or whatever you wanna cry it is because it’s simply not. It’s a more realistic approach. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, SPANK BANK said:

I hate kids.

before this year the last time i properly played this server was 2018 so can anyone inform me on when teenage rp became so huge, and why? i did some rp in south ls and teenagers were non existent then, now it seems to be over three quarters of the area, and if they're going around owning vehicles and the like anyway, what's the appeal in picking that age instead of being a young/middle aged adult?

15 minutes ago, shaobadman said:

before this year the last time i properly played this server was 2018 so can anyone inform me on when teenage rp became so huge, and why? i did some rp in south ls and teenagers were non existent then, now it seems to be over three quarters of the area, and if they're going around owning vehicles and the like anyway, what's the appeal in picking that age instead of being a young/middle aged adult?

Convenient excuses such as when they get gunned down by cops or a civilian trying to defend themselves so they go /do is 16 years old only.

Edited by Wolfhound
3 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Is that something you consider a problem? Should all minor characters be orphans? 

It's not necessarily an issue, only when it is pushed in a way that is powergaming. For example:

- Police officer stops car driven by 16y/o.

- 16y/o evades.

- 16y/o is RO of the vehicle scriptwise. A warrant is put out for their arrest.

- When arrested, they claim powergaming as the vehicle wasn't in their name 'RPly' and was their parents'.

34 minutes ago, Westen said:

It's not necessarily an issue, only when it is pushed in a way that is powergaming. For example:

- Police officer stops car driven by 16y/o.

- 16y/o evades.

- 16y/o is RO of the vehicle scriptwise. A warrant is put out for their arrest.

- When arrested, they claim powergaming as the vehicle wasn't in their name 'RPly' and was their parents'.

A) The officers would be aware of the child's location if they were to reside with their parents.
B) The officers would probably attain the child's address after conversing with them.
C) The child's name would be in the system as the parents' son/daughter, anyway, allowing them to find their address through those means.

Isn't that complicated as people make it out to be. Zero advantages.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic