Minor characters and assets

HappyGecko

Hello,

lately I've come across many 16 year old characters who commit crime in expensive and fast cars mainly to easily evade law enforcement if need to. It seems that the current "meta" for some minor characters is that they own multiple cars. One that is a cheap and I guess every day car and the others more expensive and fast vehicles that get used in gang attacks for the sole reason to escape quickly. It happens to me almost daily that I have a flashy car evade from me and after running the plate I am met with the mdc record of a minor who possesses multiple vehicles. Curious if there's any ideas how to tackle stuff like that without having to involve rpqm every day multiple times, which is why I decided to drop this discussion. I am by no means saying that every minor gang character uses sporty cars to shoot up a hood. There's been many cases of teenagers trying to escape in shitty vehicles as well, just something that sadly happens too often. Especially after the nerf of the Torrence, people tend to buy cars like the Rebla or Hellhound, known for their speed without keeping their characters wealth in mind.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, minor characters should script-wisely be forbidden from owning motor vehicles and properties. RPing stuff as being your parents' (who conveniently don't exist nor can ever be contacted or dealt with) is the pettiest, most ridiculous answer there is. They're literal kids, they should ride bikes and live with other over-18 characters.

It's a lame excuse to have millions, dozens of cars, expensive houses and just not use them or claim them to be your parents'.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Honestly, minor characters should script-wisely be forbidden from owning motor vehicles and properties. RPing stuff as being your parents' (who conveniently don't exist nor can ever be contacted or dealt with) is the pettiest, most ridiculous answer there is. They're literal kids, they should ride bikes and live with other over-18 characters.

It's a lame excuse to have millions, dozens of cars, expensive houses and just not use them or claim them to be your parents'.

Agreed with this. I used to roleplay one and that character only owned a bicycle and a quadbike, which somebody, an actual player, bought for them. The only time they actually drove a car was when a family member or close friend allowed them to, and they were almost always in the vehicle too. Much more satisfying RP that way, and actually sold the point of being not an adult.

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

I agree with this 100%!

• Wuhtah locked this topic