/vattributes, /vexamine (/vex) - text based vehicle details, customization.

Short description: A new command that's essentially the 'attributes' command (where you can see someone's age and character details) but for individual vehicles instead of characters. 

Detailed description: The registered owner of a vehicle can, upon entering their vehicle or being in close proximity, run /vattributes which can either: bring up a CEF menu similar to how /attributes does, or simply return the correct usage of /vattributes which would be '/vattributes [description of vehicle]'
The same way /vplate returns a car's license plate by proximity can now be used for /vexamine (or /vex) for someone to see the /vattributes of a nearby car.

Commands to add: /vattributes (the actual descriptor), /vexamine (returns /vattributes input), /vex (shorthand version of /vexamine)

Items to add: None!

How would your suggestion improve the server? Enhanced unique customization. Describe what bumper stickers your character would put on their car for everyone to see and talk about - mention if your car has bullet-holes or what kind of air freshener you have inside the cab. Just the same way your character's appearance is unique but restricted by game limitations hence necessitating the /attributes and /examine commands extends to your car(s).   

Additional information: I came up with this idea when I saw this picture (http://puu.sh/IpjOP/6bd472bd5f.jpg) and thought 'damn there should be some way to do stuff like that'.

Edited by Jain

I think this would be a great add on. I came across a truck in Vespucci a few days back that had a CIM by it with edited on bumper stickers and this could really help so people don't have to do those kind of things. A lot of the time people's cars get damaged and to effectively RP it they have to do a /do repeatedly for everyone in the vicinity. 

I just highly doubt people would use the command and use their time examining the cars they pass unless prompted by some reason. People seem to rarely use examine in interactions as is. 

+1! 

• 4 months later...