Limit excessive usage of different drugs

sCrax

Detailed Description

Prevent usage of unrealistic amounts of different drugs. Make the drug usage so that you can only benefit from combination of 3 different drugs. After you combine more than 3 drugs, you don't gain further HP advantage or you simply start losing more HP after time. Higher the chance for overdose after you combine more than 3 different drugs. It is almost an unwritten rule in criminal roleplay that players tend to get as much HP as possible just to win shoot-outs. I think we need to prevent this play-to-win mentality. Let's be honest, nobody actually roleplays proper effects of excessive drug usage, especially after taking 10 different drugs just to win a shoot-out. 

How will it benefit the server?

It will prevent players from combining 10 different drugs just to get to 200 HP. It will make shoot-outs more bearable instead of having to hit someone more than 10 times to down them.

• Upvote 1

Going to be extremely honest here: I believe that the whole drugs system needs an overhaul in terms of risking an overdose. People use drugs like no tomorrow and rarely RP the consequences. So yes, definitely got my support in any case to nerf the positive effects.

25 minutes ago, Westen said:

Recently @Mescalero and I were in a shootout where someone took probably 3 or 4 magazines to go down from a heavypistol and a glock. If this is actually a result of HP stacking and not desync, this needs to be nerfed.

In agreement with Westen here. In the event that he's mentioning, the character that my, Westen's and another Officer was engaging was shot by at least around 100 rounds or more with a Heavy Pistol and 2 Glocks, the character that we were engaging didn't even budge at it until I my character came close and put some rounds to his head. I'm pretty sure that the HP stacking is a real issue here and creates unrealistic scenarios and has nothing to do with balancing illegal and legal sides of roleplay. System needs a fix. 

I'm sorry but it should not be even remotely possible to get 200hp from drugs in the server. Myself and a faction member set up an ambush on two people on a motor bike and they were able to execute someone while shrugging off us shooting them because of this before speeding off into the sunset. It was magical. We were given the excuse... "I take lots of drugs to deal with stress". 

This is utterly broken and is powergaming. Get rid of it.

21 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Huh. I remember very well a thread like this coming up immediately after the drug changes and the admin team assured everyone that people would be banned for doing that. Are you saying that's not happening?

I personally haven't seen a single person punished for unrealistic drug usage. Everyone heavily involved in criminal roleplay knows that people stack on INSANE amounts of drugs before going on hits just to not die. They know that this occasional stacking won't bring their addiction up much, so it has no real effect on their character in a long run.

Grand Theft Auto V 2021.11.14 - 08.30.37.04.DVR_Trim (streamable.com)
I have just stumbled upon this report where a guy gets hit 6 times and is still left with 80 HP because he had his HP stacked at 200. This is a regular thing happening every day. You should not be able to sit comfortably on a bike after you get shot 6 times. He justified this unrealistic drug stacking by saying that his character needed to relieve stress. 😄People should seriously get banned for this play-to-win mentality.

17 minutes ago, sCrax said:

I personally haven't seen a single person punished for unrealistic drug usage. Everyone heavily involved in criminal roleplay knows that people stack on INSANE amounts of drugs before going on hits just to not die. They know that this occasional stacking won't bring their addiction up much, so it has no real effect on their character in a long run.

Grand Theft Auto V 2021.11.14 - 08.30.37.04.DVR_Trim (streamable.com)
I have just stumbled upon this report where a guy gets hit 6 times and is still left with 80 HP because he had his HP stacked at 200. This is a regular thing happening every day. You should not be able to sit comfortably on a bike after you get shot 6 times. He justified this unrealistic drug stacking by saying that his character needed to relieve stress. 😄People should seriously get banned for this play-to-win mentality.

Yeah, I know. I was being facetious. Of course people are abusing it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic