Vehicle Prices

Narco

3 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

OP is discussing car prices and how they relate to each other.

If you want to discuss club prices, it probably belongs on another thread.

Cars do suffer wear, that’s why you have to take them to a garage after so many miles.

"Does anyone else think that the vehicle prices should be adjusted to their real life counterparts?" is a direct quote from OP, and the first sentence of this thread.

I didn't want to discuss club prices, I called in the example to explain inflation to people like you.

My suggestion was to just accept the economy as it is, and if a fix is required it wouldn't start with vehicles. The real problem is far more rooted than that, and is called inflation. Without realizing that you can not simply make a thread saying you want the prices fixed. That's like filling a bucket full of holes.

3 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

OP is discussing car prices and how they relate to each other.

If you want to discuss club prices, it probably belongs on another thread.

Cars do suffer wear, that’s why you have to take them to a garage after so many miles.

"Does anyone else think that the vehicle prices should be adjusted to their real life counterparts?" is a direct quote from OP, and the first sentence of this thread.

I didn't want to discuss club prices, I called in the example to explain inflation to people like you.

My suggestion was to just accept the economy as it is, and if a fix is required it wouldn't start with vehicles. The real problem is far more rooted than that, and is called inflation. Without realizing that you can not simply make a thread saying you want the prices fixed. That's like filling a bucket full of holes.

4 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

It’s easily fixed, it would take a day for someone to put the cars in a more realistic price structure and then amend insurances.

If dev staff would prefer to keep those that complain happy, they could adjust peoples balances by the net amount their vehicle value changes. 

Personally, I think this is an excuse by some people to hold back a positive change to the server that just makes a hell of a lot of sense, and we should, as a community just roll with it. Each to their own.

Like I said I want it to happen but I think you are extremely oversimplifying process. No way they would just be able to do it in a day, you are making it seem like they have to do is press a button. First they would have to build an Algorithm to do what you are suggesting detect the original price of the car and credit the difference. First issue admin refunded cars and leased cars have their sell price set to zero so how will the algorithm distinguish between leased and bought cars. How will the it be able to credit admin refunded cars I have two cars in that category. Second you of course would have to test a change to the script the puts out mass refunds for possible bugs and exploits before you deploy it on tens of thousands of play accounts.  Its not impossible but the idea that it can be done in a day isn't based in any reality.

1 hour ago, Power said:

Like I said I want it to happen but I think you are extremely oversimplifying process. No way they would just be able to do it in a day, you are making it seem like they have to do is press a button. First they would have to build an Algorithm to do what you are suggesting detect the original price of the car and credit the difference. First issue admin refunded cars and leased cars have their sell price set to zero so how will the algorithm distinguish between leased and bought cars. How will the it be able to credit admin refunded cars I have two cars in that category. Second you of course would have to test a change to the script the puts out mass refunds for possible bugs and exploits before you deploy it on tens of thousands of play accounts.  Its not impossible but the idea that it can be done in a day isn't based in any reality.

One of the solutions is also to simply not refund.

4 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

One of the solutions is also to simply not refund.

It's the simplest solution yeah. Some may not like it, but all in all, they'd still gain quite a bit of money out of it because of insurance.

If the price of some overpriced mid-tier cars were lowered, I'd technically "lose" around 50-60k, but it would be recovered within just a couple months, just because I'd stop paying a completely insane insurance cost ^^' Same goes for most people around. 

This goes into a comment I made earlier, about "quality of RP." I said that the fact that people who drive a truck and are still able to afford 10, $100k+ cars, means the economy is shit. Now, in the context I made that comment, people were talking about how they think it's such a bad thing that truckers can own 10 $100k+ cars or whatever, since they're portraying a trucker, it'd be unrealistic for them to own said cars (which, I discussed further in that topic, about why I don't think that matters, it's a video game)... Now, while the economy can't be portrayed realistically, things can be done to make it work and make it work fair. idk how much truckers make, or how that works, but, IRL truckers make between $0.28 and $0.40 per mile, or $19.60 to $28.00 per hour (based on 70 MPH speed). That's $70,000 to $100,000 a year, give or take. Now, my character, who has a little over 30 hours, and no job (yet) has $130,000 in the bank, which is more than a trucker IRL makes in a year That's $4,333 an hour. For doing nothing (I know the rate is technically $5,500 an hour for new players, but factoring my expenses so far makes it the $4,333). Now, I don't think we go like, ultra realism with prices and whatnot, cause it takes the fun out of it (and, as stated, it's a game, meant to have fun, not stress...) But, I also think that the system that exists pays too much and the prices on everything are too low. One of the two simple solutions is to just have everything pay less. The other option is to make everything cost more, and from the looks of it, people would get mad if everything costed more. We can all agree that it's broken, but, when no one can come together to come up with a viable possible fix, then, can we really expect it to BE fixed? 

14 hours ago, Power said:

The biggest loss of time over this will be a bureaucratic one. I.e, talking about the criteria to determine new prices and signing off on them before progressing the request.

Regarding Development effort; This is very basic stuff. Anyone who is familiar with relational databases and the database they are working on can have it scripted within an hour with time to grab a coffee and check the forums. 

Edit: Add in your QA, any rolllback consideration/scripts, any updates to audit tables, execution etc and yeah, I’m confident this could easily be done in a day. 

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
  • Wuhtah locked this topic