Vehicle Prices

Narco

Komoda: 150K - Based on Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio which costs 99.999€/$.

Penumbra FF: 240k - Based on Eclipse GSX which costs 7000-10000€/$.

RT3000: 110K or so - Based on Honda S2000 which costs 20.000€/$ or so.

You can get a Porsche/modern Comet for the same price as a Penumbra FF.

Yes, prices are fine and make totally sense. /s

I refuse to take them IC because is absurd.

40 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Komoda: 150K - Based on Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio which costs 99.999€/$.

Penumbra FF: 240k - Based on Eclipse GSX which costs 7000-10000€/$.

RT3000: 110K or so - Based on Honda S2000 which costs 20.000€/$ or so.

You can get a Porsche/modern Comet for the same price as a Penumbra FF.

Yes, prices are fine and make totally sense. /s

I refuse to take them IC because is absurd.

Its impossible to price them correctly, because GTA5 doesn't care about the age of a model/car.

11 hours ago, Power said:

I think its too late to undo this what I think can be fixed are the insurance prices. Take the Argento for example say you lower it to $150k there going to be people that complain they lost money for owning it prior to the changes. If this problem could be addressed I'd 100 percent be for change the prices. What makes even less sense and can be changed is the insurance prices. Gauntlet Hellfire which is about 150k  has a Insurance thats 1,800 for the month but a Dinka Flash based on a old Honda Civic has a insurance of triple it. k

It’s easily fixed, it would take a day for someone to put the cars in a more realistic price structure and then amend insurances.

If dev staff would prefer to keep those that complain happy, they could adjust peoples balances by the net amount their vehicle value changes. 

Personally, I think this is an excuse by some people to hold back a positive change to the server that just makes a hell of a lot of sense, and we should, as a community just roll with it. Each to their own.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
Typos

How can you bring up vehicle prices and comparing them to their real life counterpart without realizing that whilst this server uses the dollar as means of currency, it in no way or shape replicates the real US economy? You have either never been to a club in real life, or not been to one on here in a while because when is the last time you paid $600 for a drink in real life? If anything, cars would be far underpriced if you compare it to some other aspects of the economy. But then again, it would be impossible to replicate the real world economy even if they had tried to do so at the starting of this server (which I believe they tried regardless). There are so many things in the real world that affect the economy and avoid inflation (or try to lol) that it is unreasonable to ask that of a server, and would be impossible even if you considered it reasonable to ask. I think the easiest example to give on that front is the fact that vehicles are not affected by miles, age and other wear. That is without bringing up financial institutions, taxes, income, full time jobs, you name it.

Stop comparing the economy to the real life counterpart and start accepting that the economy is what it is. If you care about role play and focus on realistic character development, you wouldn't be worrying about prices.

Edited by Narc
3 minutes ago, Narc said:

How can you bring up vehicle prices and comparing them to their real life counterpart without realizing that whilst this server uses the dollar as means of currency, it in no way or shape replicates the real US economy? You have either never been to a club in real life, or not been to one on here in a while because when is the last time you paid $600 for a drink in real life? If anything, cars would be far underpriced if you compare it to some other aspects of the economy. But then again, it would be impossible to replicate the real world economy even if they had tried to do so at the starting of this server (which I believe they tried regardless). There are so many things in the real world that affect the economy and avoid inflation (or try to lol) that it is unreasonable to ask that of a server, and would be impossible even if you considered it reasonable to ask. I think the easiest example to give on that front is the fact that vehicles are not affected by miles, age and other wear. That is without bringing up financial institutions, taxes, income, full time jobs, you name it.

Stop comparing the economy to the real life counterpart and start accepting that the economy is what it is.

OP is discussing car prices and how they relate to each other.

If you want to discuss club prices, it probably belongs on another thread.

Cars do suffer wear, that’s why you have to take them to a garage after so many miles.

Honestly they should just make me head of vehicle prices. I've been selling cars in game since 2018 and have been complaining about the inconsistency or prices for a long time. Ha the prices would be easy to fix just would take time and effort. Not sure it will ever be changed though it should be. 

Sperate vehicles into tiers. 

Cars, trucks,SUVs, utility, motorcycle, off road. 

And then just have sub classes of those. Low,middle,high budget. Base it off how the vehicle looks and it's performance. For example just have a range of 15-35k for /low end/ vehicles. 40-70k for middle and 80-200 for high end. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Devastante
  • Wuhtah locked this topic