Vehicle Prices

Narco

1 minute ago, Macarroncito said:

This is not true, said by Nervous.

Even if the prices are picked based vehicles being luxurious, as someone mentioned above, they still reflect the current server economy well even if unintentional. The current prices are more than fine, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

No, I don’t have anything so neither should you. The equality here is a joke, everyone should have all their assets wiped and an economic reset is necessary to make it everything fair again. Assets and money should be rewarded based on a social credit score, in the future you’re not going to own anything in the new circular economy. 

If you think that resetting the entire server from assets will fix things, then there's really no hope. All that will do is cause players to leave. Sure, you're here to roleplay and develop a character, not hoard assets and I agree with that. But players have built their assets up around their characters over years now, and to take everything away from people just because someone's upset with the current economy isn't fair.

8 minutes ago, Melly said:

Even if the prices are picked based vehicles being luxurious, as someone mentioned above, they still reflect the current server economy well even if unintentional. The current prices are more than fine, in my opinion.

The problem is the double standard imposed here, we cannot acknowledge the current economy and the way of how fast you can make money (I'm talking of the average player not a player who actually grinds money) but we have to acknowledge ridiculous prices for every single thing you can purchase on the server, that just doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, Melly said:

They're only fine if you don't care about the wrongly priced vehicles. The GTX is an obvious example, but there are many others.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Melly said:

That's a problem I mentioned (and others mentioned) in my post earlier. If the cars were ranked in price based on how fancy they look? A bit arbitrary, but sure, why not. Based on in-game performance? Same thing, a tad arbitrary, but sure, let's go with that!

The problem is that there are quite a few cars whose price don't fit any kind of logic. Among those I mentioned, the Jester, the Dominator GTX, the Buffalo S, ... that are *far* more expensive tharn othercars with better performance AND that are actually a lot fancier 😛 And same goes with some much fancier/better performing cars that are surprisingly cheap. If a 2010 Toyota Corolla cost more than an Audi A8 L W12, you'd wonder what the hell is going on ^^ 

The issue here isn't the type of logic chosen to price the cars: it's that the car prices don't seem to follow any understandable logic ^^' And that this specific problem has been brought forward quite a few times over almost five years, only to be dismissed again and again. So much so that the Dominator GTX is often mentioned as a meme :x 

Edited by Topinambour
20 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

That's a problem I mentioned (and others mentioned) in my post earlier. If the cars were ranked in price based on how fancy they look? A bit arbitrary, but sure, why not. Based on in-game performance? Same thing, a tad arbitrary, but sure, let's go with that!

The problem is that there are quite a few cars whose price don't fit any kind of logic. Among those I mentioned, the Jester, the Dominator GTX, the Buffalo S, ... that are *far* more expensive tharn othercars with better performance AND that are actually a lot fancier 😛 And same goes with some much fancier/better performing cars that are surprisingly cheap. If a 2010 Toyota Corolla cost more than an Audi A8 L W12, you'd wonder what the hell is going on ^^ 

The issue here isn't the type of logic chosen to price the cars: it's that the car prices don't seem to follow any understandable logic ^^' And that this specific problem has been brought forward quite a few times over almost five years, only to be dismissed again and again. So much so that the Dominator GTX is often mentioned as a meme :x 

how often do they update vehicle prices when new vehicles come out? sounds like many are outdated

The issue that seems to be brought up over and over is the changing the prices of the vehicle will change it for everyone, including those who own the vehicle already. If you raise the price, people who previously bought the car now have instant value they didn't have before. If you decrease the price, people who previously bought the car now lose out on the change of value. Do they get refunded? What happens?  It's not something that is a deal breaker, as I believe it could be done. It would take a lot of work. I support price changes on many different vehicles that make no sense at their current price point.

53 minutes ago, 99 said:

The issue that seems to be brought up over and over is the changing the prices of the vehicle will change it for everyone, including those who own the vehicle already. [...] at their current price point.

To be honest, I wouldn't care at all if my Buffalo S went from 175k to 90k all of a sudden, if it meant getting rid of those completely insane prices. The problem would be very temporary (some people might be annoyed, for a couple of months at most). Not solving the problem however, will mean having that same issue continue over the course of years. Because...

1 hour ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I honestly don't think vehicles have had their prices changed in mass since vans were hiked up way back in 2019 (I think?)

For the basic vehicles, they haven't changed a smidge since 2017. Sultan was the same price back then as it is now, same for the Dominator (normal one), same for the Buffalo & its S counterpart, ... The Dominator GTX has been brutally overpriced since 2018, etc.

I think its too late to undo this what I think can be fixed are the insurance prices. Take the Argento for example say you lower it to $150k there going to be people that complain they lost money for owning it prior to the changes. If this problem could be addressed I'd 100 percent be for change the prices. What makes even less sense and can be changed is the insurance prices. Gauntlet Hellfire which is about 150k  has a Insurance thats 1,800 for the month but a Dinka Flash based on a old Honda Civic has a insurance of triple it. k

• Wuhtah locked this topic