Vehicle Prices

Narco

I agree with this. I find them way too cheap, I mean I can own a Dubsta Sport and role play as rich with something like 100/110k, which doesn’t seem real at all. For example, I don’t think that someone will buy Habanero for 49k, when IRL you can buy one for 20k brand new. 

38 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

There isn't, and people still take them IC and thats fine. They just are OOCly determined.

That's the thing, prices being determined OOC but taken IC create an issue. They should make this clear from the staff. That, or start using common sense when pricing vehicles rather than a personal taste.

17 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Nervous literally said he comes up with the prices based entirely on whether the car is nice. 

Yeah he said that but as I mentioned before people keep and will keep taking those prices IC until they actually make this clear from the staff. Either they announce from the staff that prices are meant to be taken OOC or they change those prices to make them make sense.

14 minutes ago, Macarroncito said:

Yeah he said that but as I mentioned before people keep and will keep taking those prices IC until they actually make this clear from the staff. Either they announce from the staff that prices are meant to be taken OOC or they change those prices to make them make sense.

Not taking them IC creates more problems. Trust me, I really want to see the prices changed as well. But there's a lot of problems.

• A lot of players dont care about what fits their character's background. They just want the fastest car to race around in.
  • Getting a balanced price set is extremely difficult, because you have to take a dozen factors into account, nevermind the fact that you can't properly price older vehicles. Put a lot of effort into it, only for players to ignore it.

Funny you should mention that 😛 

7 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Like the Bravado Buffalo is 72K, Bravado Buffalo A/C is 125K and Bravado Buffalo Hellhound is 220K even though the difference between them is pretty small.

And the Buffalo S is 175k in spite of being only marginally better than the normal Buffalo, both in terms of luxury ("looks") and of performance. And of being below the A/C and Hellhound.

That said, my crusade to rebalance the Buffalo S' price isn't the only one... the normal Jester is more expensive than the Jester Classic and RR, both of which have better performance AND would be more expensive IRL - one being a collection car, the other being a vastly upgraded RR version. 

Several people mentioned the absurdity of the Dominator price ranges... and there's the occasional weirdness. Like, why is the Previon so much less expensive than a Schwartzer? Why is a Penumbra 45k and a Penumbra FF over 200k? It goes on and on.

And it being IC or OOC is only the tip of the problem. As many mentioned in previous threads: there is insurance. Paying 2k per day, for a car that doesn't look very fancy, has mediocre performance and is vastly cheaper IRL, is kind of shitty. 

However: 

3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Getting a balanced price set is extremely difficult, because you have to take a dozen factors into account

Repricing everything all at once is indeed an ENORMOUS undertaking. It was suggested (and promised in fact) many times, and it never happened, since 2017, because of how much stuff there is to do. And it's not a reproach: as MJ said, there are SO MANY factors to take into account...

The best solution is to reduce the amount of factors, and only rebalance small sets of cars, one at a time. If you take a look only at a few at a time, you can do it nice and slow, while limiting the amount of clusterfuck you need to look at. Good example: the Dominators. Ever since the GTX was introduced to the game in 2018, everyone on the forums has been saying the price is completely crazy. Why not start there? In addition, going with smaller sets will allow the staff to keep an eye on the effects: are people buying more of those? Are there still complaints? ... You can see the effects easily by only looking at a very small subset of data. Cutting a huge undoable project into small parts is good project management practice, and it would finally allow for this "big car rebalance" to be taken care of 🙂 

Another thread complaining about the server's economy. To keep it simple, the economy should have been established and set accordingly when the server started. It's too late now, as people already have their assets gathered and resetting anything would cause a huge outbreak within the community.

This goes for vehicle prices as well, they're chosen based on the vehicle performance and to reflect the server economy. You mentioned the Argento as an example, this isn't a standard estate in real life, it replicates the Audi RS6 which starts at $116,500 for the base model. Again, things cannot be this cheap, as the server economy is already established and different to real life. Lowering prices would only encourage those with more money in the bank right now to buy high-end vehicles and race around the map, even more than already.

It's easy to make money on the server, so in my opinion, whoever complains and fails to understand that this isn't real life, is simply doing something wrong.

3 minutes ago, Melly said:

Another thread complaining about the server's economy. To keep it simple, the economy should have been established and set accordingly when the server started. It's too late now, as people already have their assets gathered and resetting anything would cause a huge outbreak within the community.

This goes for vehicle prices as well, they're chosen based on the vehicle performance and to reflect the server economy. You mentioned the Argento as an example, this isn't a standard estate in real life, it replicates the Audi RS6 which starts at $116,500 for the base model. Again, things cannot be this cheap, as the server economy is already established and different to real life. Lowering prices would only encourage those with more money in the bank right now to buy high-end vehicles and race around the map, even more than already.

It's easy to make money on the server, so in my opinion, whoever complains and fails to understand that this isn't real life, is simply doing something wrong.

No, I don’t have anything so neither should you. The equality here is a joke, everyone should have all their assets wiped and an economic reset is necessary to make it everything fair again. Assets and money should be rewarded based on a social credit score, in the future you’re not going to own anything in the new circular economy. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic