Server UI glitching badly

ThumbWithAFace

While mapping my house I started to notice that my ui wasn't quite disappearing when I needed it to. I haven't changed any of my game files or updated anything, all my drivers are up to date, and I can't seem to fix it. It was annoying but bearable until recently when I discovered I cant use my phone, the UI doesn't go away so the screen of the phone doesn't change at all but clicking reacts like it has.

20211114031924_1.jpg

Edited by ThumbWithAFace

Greetings you troubled soul @ThumbWithAFace

If you are suspecting it's a graphics card issue, you can simply do a quick reset on it by pressing the following buttons at the same time: Ctrl + Shift + Winkey + B.

You'll hear a beep and your screen will flutter for a second before you are able to see again. If this doesn't fix the issue, your case is probably viewport related. A simple fix for this is as follows.

1) Go into your GTA V Directory
2) Find a file called 'commandline.txt', or create one.
3) Open the file with notepad, then type '-borderless' without the quotes ('').
4) Save the file, then restart your game.

Full screen viewports have a tendency to interfere with the X / Y positioning of your UI's. Hard-setting your game to always run in borderless is a good place to start if resetting your graphics card doesn't work.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:31 AM, Geo.. said:

Greetings you troubled soul @ThumbWithAFace

If you are suspecting it's a graphics card issue, you can simply do a quick reset on it by pressing the following buttons at the same time: Ctrl + Shift + Winkey + B.

You'll hear a beep and your screen will flutter for a second before you are able to see again. If this doesn't fix the issue, your case is probably viewport related. A simple fix for this is as follows.

1) Go into your GTA V Directory
2) Find a file called 'commandline.txt', or create one.
3) Open the file with notepad, then type '-borderless' without the quotes ('').
4) Save the file, then restart your game.

Full screen viewports have a tendency to interfere with the X / Y positioning of your UI's. Hard-setting your game to always run in borderless is a good place to start if resetting your graphics card doesn't work.

I  tried these now with no luck on a fresh install of both gta and rage. I'm just gonna wait and see if my desperate cries into the night convince whatever witch cursed me to have mercy.

Unfortunately I still am unable to play. I spent quite a bit of irl money the literal day before this happened, submitted a report request in game as well as posted here and I had absolutely no support from staff. The only thing I could do was map because I didn't need to use my phone and that got tiring fast because I couldn't make money. That being said I am gonna say bye to the server. Enjoy my donation. 

@ThumbWithAFace If you are able to play other games and operate your computer as normal I can assure you it isn't a hardware issue with your video card. 

1. Clear your video drivers completely and start fresh before proceeding further. I highly recommend you clear the drivers with a product that's widely supported, DDU - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html. Once the video drivers are removed and you've rebooted your computer go and install the latest version downloaded directly from AMD/ATi's website. (https://www.amd.com/en/support)
  2. What happens when you try to play in a different server or the single player, any weird artifacting or issues. 
  3. What happens if try join the server with no modifications to your game? Remove or reinstall and if you are on steam, verify your cache.

I have a strong feeling that it is your graphics mods, keep me posted.

• Wuhtah locked this topic