Stop locking general discussions

Mahitto

Agreed. If someone does or says something that makes locking the discussion a consideration, moderators should instead remove the offending comments and directly warn the person responsible, with the promise of warning points and posting restrictions if the behavior continues in any form.

Why this was never the trend, boggles the mind.

+1

Edited by DasFroggy
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heard - we will try it your way. I'll bring this to kilerbite's attention as well so he can discuss with the forum moderation team. 

Please note - there is a discussion thread that's less than 5 hours old with 68 replies. Not all forum mods will have the time to read through every single post. But - I'll give it a shot at least in my own time 🙂 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

Heard - we will try it your way. I'll bring this to kilerbite's attention as well so he can discuss with the forum moderation team. 

Please note - there is a discussion thread that's less than 5 hours old with 68 replies. Not all forum mods will have the time to read through every single post. But - I'll give it a shot at least in my own time 🙂 

Thank you!

But yeah, it'd be horrible to have people read through every single reply. It might be better to just raise awareness to the report function so that everyone can report posts that go off-topic and forum moderators don't have to actually read every single thing (in detail, anyway).

• Wuhtah locked this topic