What LEGAL job is underrepresented on the server?

Coburn

4 hours ago, PrinceCane said:

Public transportation like city buses are definitely missing.

To be fair, they're rather unreliable, may or may not ever come, and you definitely can't plan anything around public transport. That makes it extremely realistic, when compared to LA public transport, so we're in a really good place overall ^^ 

In terms of transit, it would be interesting to at least see the subway/tram system at some point. Would create some commuting RP for some people. Though when we tried to do SmartBus, I think Nervous ended up nixing the concept of functioning trains. Hell if we could get them, player or NPC controlled, it'd be amazing to have a very limited cargo hauling faction to run things from up north to the city. Or a Metrolink-style commuter rail system.

I'd like to see some blue collar workers at the lumber mill out in the county. I'd like to see road construction crews on the highway. Takeout delivery vehicles from some food shops (there's a whole ass pack of delivery vehicles even). Employees working the cellphone/wireless stores. Maybe player owned/run clothing stores with custom mapped ints and working clothing script support. I know that Aurum and some players come together to support each other ie: a player paying their power/electric bill to Aurum and so on. I'd like to see a few utility/Aurum trucks rolling around. Maybe fixing/working on someone's place cause their power was cut and are fixing it, or repairing a transformer as a city block's electric died out for some unknown reason they need to look into. 

I know LSPD's traffic division works on...well, traffic related issues but I'd like to see some actual parking enforcement maybe? The City's Public Works dept could possibly do Towing as well, so that the LSPD doesn't have to do it perhaps (and doing it themselves if Public Works doesn't respond or something). 

There are so many options and avenues to explore.

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

*Football

Football is the most popular sport in the world. Its popularity is rapidly rising in the US and most of the world doesn't care about American Football/Basketball/Hockey/Baseball.

But Americans care about hockey/baseball/basketball and the real football.

Soccer has a very small presence in the US in comparison. Seven percent is nothing, while the NFL, NBA, and MLB are essentially billion dollar industries, while the closest international football gets any recognition is around the World Cup time or you live in South Florida.

but what do I know I just live in the country l o l

Edited by KinnyWynny
1 hour ago, KinnyWynny said:

But Americans care about hockey/baseball/basketball and the real football.

Soccer has a very small presence in the US in comparison. Seven percent is nothing, while the NFL, NBA, and MLB are essentially billion dollar industries, while the closest international football gets any recognition is around the World Cup time or you live in South Florida.

but what do I know I just live in the country l o l

Different scene in L.A. than the rest of the U.S., with studies asserting that Soccer/Football is becoming more significant than Hockey, Baseball, and Basketball, but not American Football... even on a national level. Football has surpassed basketball and baseball, nationally, within the past decade, in numerous states.

Top 5 Most Popular Sports in California | Neo Prime Sport

In a 2021 study of California, soccer is preferred over Baseball and Basketball based on INTERNET SEARCHES, which is far more valuable than television views simply because most people use the internet over television and printed newspapers in today's society: NEW STUDY: According to Social Media Data, Football is California’s Favorite Sport - Los Angeles Sports Nation (laxsportsnation.com)

Soccer is 4th favourite based on television viewings, not taking into consideration internet searches & recreational enjoyment: Top-10 Most Popular Sports In America 2021 | SportyTell

Even several sports bars base themselves around soccer: The Best Sports Bars In LA - Los Angeles - The Infatuation

This article claims that Soccer is the THIRD most preferred sport in the whole U.S., with LOS ANGELES having the most "decorated league": Top 6 Things to Do in Los Angeles for Sports Fans - HotelsCombined Top 6 Things to Do in Los Angeles for Sports Fans

Soccer Fans Unite! Los Angeles Ranks #1 In Nation: Soccer Fans Unite! Los Angeles Ranks #1 In Nation | Los Angeles, CA Patch

tyRWwRo.png
Why soccer is bigger than hockey in the United States (worldsoccertalk.com)

More US sports fans watched Euro 2020 Soccer final than the NBA finals. Advertisers are taking notice. | The Trade Desk

Third most watched sport in the U.S. in 2021: Soccer in the United States - Wikipedia

Third most watched sport in the U.S., according to this article: Soccer - gaining traction in the USA | QuestionPro

It's not the 90s and early 2000s, anymore. 

In conclusion? It's up there with Basketball and Baseball, at the most, in the U.S... In Los Angeles? Sources claim that L.A. is the BEST CITY for Soccer fans.

Edited by DLimit
44 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Different scene in L.A. than the rest of the U.S., with studies asserting that Soccer/Football is becoming more significant than Hockey, Baseball, and Basketball, but not American Football... even on a national level. Football has surpassed basketball and baseball, nationally, within the past decade, in numerous states.

Top 5 Most Popular Sports in California | Neo Prime Sport

In a 2021 study of California, soccer is preferred over Baseball and Basketball based on INTERNET SEARCHES, which is far more valuable than television views simply because most people use the internet over television and printed newspapers in today's society: NEW STUDY: According to Social Media Data, Football is California’s Favorite Sport - Los Angeles Sports Nation (laxsportsnation.com)

Soccer is 4th favourite based on television viewings, not taking into consideration internet searches & recreational enjoyment: Top-10 Most Popular Sports In America 2021 | SportyTell

Even several sports bars base themselves around soccer: The Best Sports Bars In LA - Los Angeles - The Infatuation

This article claims that Soccer is the THIRD most preferred sport in the whole U.S., with LOS ANGELES having the most "decorated league": Top 6 Things to Do in Los Angeles for Sports Fans - HotelsCombined Top 6 Things to Do in Los Angeles for Sports Fans

Soccer Fans Unite! Los Angeles Ranks #1 In Nation: Soccer Fans Unite! Los Angeles Ranks #1 In Nation | Los Angeles, CA Patch

tyRWwRo.png
Why soccer is bigger than hockey in the United States (worldsoccertalk.com)

More US sports fans watched Euro 2020 Soccer final than the NBA finals. Advertisers are taking notice. | The Trade Desk

Third most watched sport in the U.S. in 2021: Soccer in the United States - Wikipedia

Third most watched sport in the U.S., according to this article: Soccer - gaining traction in the USA | QuestionPro

It's not the 90s and early 2000s, anymore. 

In conclusion? It's up there with Basketball and Baseball, at the most, in the U.S... In Los Angeles? Sources claim that L.A. is the BEST CITY for Soccer fans.

There is three MLS(Major League Soccer) teams in IRL California. La Galaxy, Los Angeles Football Club, and San Jose Earthquakes.

4 hours ago, Catsmoon said:

There is three MLS(Major League Soccer) teams in IRL California. La Galaxy, Los Angeles Football Club, and San Jose Earthquakes.

that could just be due to how massive la is, I think nyc has at least two mls teams themselves

seattle sounds like the biggest american city for the sport

23 hours ago, Topinambour said:

To be fair, they're rather unreliable, may or may not ever come, and you definitely can't plan anything around public transport. That makes it extremely realistic, when compared to LA public transport, so we're in a really good place overall ^^ 

jokes aside the only good way to handle this is to automate it, you can't rely on players for scheduled work unless it's advertised to everyone and pays more at the time they're needed

Edited by shaobadman

You literally cannot deny that the popularity for soccer amongst players is because a large portion of them are going to be European.

Yes, Soccer is getting bigger in the US.

Yes, Soccer is the 'world game'.

No, it doesn't explain the disparity IC.

No one will force you to watch a sport you don't enjoy, nor ban you from discussing soccer IC. But don't pretend its for any other reason that IC/OOC mixing lol.