What LEGAL job is underrepresented on the server?

Coburn

34 minutes ago, Rushing said:

unknown.pngunknown.png

Oh my God...There's no way you're serious.

I didn’t intend to derail anything but back where I’m from soccer is something overprotective moms dump their weird kids into because it’s easy and safe, and almost exclusively played on children’s league level. Maybe my view on it is outdated because I’m old but I know I’m not the only one. Sorry if my ignorance offended anyone, I’m into baseball and stock car racing. 

Edited by eTaylor

It's a little bit jarring to hear American men talk about the latest soccer results and not the latest football/basketball/baseball results, and to have an interest in starting a recreational soccer league. On the other hand, the American lesbian population IG is tragically ignorant of women's soccer and doesn't even know who is dating who on the USWNT.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, peasoup said:

It's a little bit jarring to hear American men talk about the latest soccer results and not the latest football/basketball/baseball results, and to have an interest in starting a recreational soccer league.

Yes. Exactly this.

As an American, I can tell you I only care about soccer once every 4 years, and that's during the world cup provided that the USMNT makes it. Otherwise, nobody cares. Football, baseball, basketball. Probably in that order.

Okay now the five people in America who give a shit about soccer can come out and say "That's not true. We love soccer here."

• Applaud 1
12 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Yes. Exactly this.

As an American, I can tell you I only care about soccer once every 4 years, and that's during the world cup provided that the USMNT makes it. Otherwise, nobody cares. Football, baseball, basketball. Probably in that order.

Okay now the five people in America who give a shit about soccer can come out and say "That's not true. We love soccer here."

One must take into consideration, though, that diverse megacities like Los Angeles/Los Santos have a good chunk of Latin-American, Asian, and Eastern-European migrants in the region. Hence, Soccer/Football would be extremely relevant in L.S.

However... Baseball/Basketball/American-Football SHOULD be just as favoured.

Sad part is, I've seen people mention RUGBY more than any of those sports, listed above...

Edited by DLimit
1 hour ago, DLimit said:

One must take into consideration, though, that diverse megacities like Los Angeles/Los Santos have a good chunk of Latin-American, Asian, and Eastern-European migrants in the region. Hence, Soccer/Football would be extremely relevant in L.S.

However... Baseball/Basketball/American-Football SHOULD be just as favoured.

Sad part is, I've seen people mention RUGBY more than any of those sports, listed above...

As someone who’s spent time in LA, I can only tell you this isn’t true.

The Americans in this forum are literally telling you this isn’t true so why even disagree? Soccer is not even close to relevant when comparing it to Football, Baseball & Basketball.

You walk into a bar and you’ll have twenty or so TV’s behind the bar showing a multitude of games. You can guarantee that they’ll have a couple of college football games, a baseball game and a basketball game.

Additionally, the only soccer leagues anyone cares about are European (and then almost exclusively, the UK Premier league). On the west coast, when the 3PM matches are being played, it’s 7AM in the morning in LA which makes it a struggle for even English immigrants to watch…..

1 hour ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

As someone who’s spent time in LA, I can only tell you this isn’t true.

The Americans in this forum are literally telling you this isn’t true so why even disagree? Soccer is not even close to relevant when comparing it to Football, Baseball & Basketball.

You walk into a bar and you’ll have twenty or so TV’s behind the bar showing a multitude of games. You can guarantee that they’ll have a couple of college football games, a baseball game and a basketball game.

Additionally, the only soccer leagues anyone cares about are European (and then almost exclusively, the UK Premier league). On the west coast, when the 3PM matches are being played, it’s 7AM in the morning in LA which makes it a struggle for even English immigrants to watch…..

As a person who's lived both in the U.S. and Canada with tons of friends and family members in L.A., whom are Latin-American and Caribbean, football/soccer is a big deal, over there.

If you read the post, I stated that American Football, Basketball, and Baseball is just as popular as Soccer/Football.

Latin-Americans take up around 39%-44% of Los Angeles, which doesn't include the South-East Asian communities (8%-10%) and Eastern-European communities that prefer soccer/football over the other sports.

Depends on the establishments. If you're in a white-dominated [Assimilated-Americanized] community (50% of Los Angeles are Caucasian, includes Europeans)? Then, maybe you're correct. 

EDIT: Soccer is in the top 5

Top 5 Most Popular Sports in California | Neo Prime Sport

In a 2021 study of California, soccer is preferred over Baseball and Basketball based on INTERNET SEARCHES, which is far more valuable than television views simply because most people use the internet over television and printed newspapers in today's society: NEW STUDY: According to Social Media Data, Football is California’s Favorite Sport - Los Angeles Sports Nation (laxsportsnation.com)

Soccer is 4th favourite based on television viewings, not taking into consideration internet searches & recreational enjoyment: Top-10 Most Popular Sports In America 2021 | SportyTell

This is why I had stated that people should take the Latin-American community and other ethnic groups into consideration, rather than the white-regulated and owned news sources and entertainment venues in L.A... European league? How about the Latin-American leagues? How about the Caribbeans involved in soccer? Then, you have the local and state-wide leagues in the U.S., alone.

Even several sports bars base themselves around soccer: The Best Sports Bars In LA - Los Angeles - The Infatuation

This article claims that Soccer is the THIRD most preferred sport in the whole U.S., with LOS ANGELES having the most "decorated league": Top 6 Things to Do in Los Angeles for Sports Fans - HotelsCombined Top 6 Things to Do in Los Angeles for Sports Fans

Soccer Fans Unite! Los Angeles Ranks #1 In Nation: Soccer Fans Unite! Los Angeles Ranks #1 In Nation | Los Angeles, CA Patch

tyRWwRo.png

In conclusion? It's up there with Basketball and Baseball, at the most, in the U.S... In Los Angeles? Sources claim that L.A. is the BEST CITY for Soccer fans.

NOW, LET'S PUSH A SOCCER LEAGUE, AGAIN, ON THIS SERVER.

SOUTH CENTRAL VS ULSA WHEN?

Edited by DLimit
1 hour ago, DLimit said:

NOW, LET'S PUSH A SOCCER LEAGUE, AGAIN, ON THIS SERVER.

SOUTH CENTRAL VS ULSA WHEN?

I mean, while personally I'd like there to be some US Sports scripted and working IG,  that doesn't seem like much of a reason not to use what we do have available?

In any case, we've known each other long enough across quite a few factions, so let's see if we can get a trial game going and see what interest sparks from there?

21 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Yes. Exactly this.

it's a fair observation, football/soccer seems to be different in the usa and it's definitely down there in priority given that american teams aren't very good at it, i've observed leagues from around the world for sports trading purposes and us major league soccer has a higher than average goal count and red cards (sending off players) are much more frequent

as far as popularity goes i've read that it has some traction in seattle and los angeles but that's about it, other than nbc trying to host english premier league on occasion

On 11/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, Rushing said:

unknown.pngunknown.png

Oh my God...There's no way you're serious.

cricket being the second most popular makes me almost relate to the football/soccer critics here

On 11/11/2021 at 5:37 PM, eTaylor said:

I didn’t intend to derail anything but back where I’m from soccer is something overprotective moms dump their weird kids into because it’s easy and safe, and almost exclusively played on children’s league level. Maybe my view on it is outdated because I’m old but I know I’m not the only one. Sorry if my ignorance offended anyone, I’m into baseball and stock car racing. 

i can actually understand this

every time i see football/soccer in american tv or movies it looks much different to what i'm used to, it's almost always a kids' sport, usually a girls' sport, i mentioned above that i followed some major league soccer in the past and it seems like everyone scores all the time (the league has a higher than average goal per match count) and punishments are far more frequent, it's definitely not a sport that the usa has much grasp on

in england it's a staple for most young boys and many grow up further with it in their lives and the english premier league being so massive worldwide definitely is a motivation

rugby comes second and is more taken on by northerners i think, and cricket is more popular with either posh people or minority groups (usually south asian/caribbean communities)

i don't know what the usa's angle is but occasionally i'm trying to watch a football stream and nbc is hosting it with american commentators for some reason, maybe they're trying to import some interest

Edited by shaobadman