What LEGAL job is underrepresented on the server?

Coburn

35 minutes ago, 99 said:

👏👏👏👏

Lack of support kills these missed opportunities. Can’t blame people for going where the money is.

It’s also a mentality issue when these unique businesses show up, barely anyone goes and supports them. Then people come on here and cry about the lack of unique businesses. Go figure. 

This is very accurate. It's not even about the money - if you try to start a unique business (especially one of those RP-only ones), you will barely find any people to role-play with, if any. Sure, some people say they would role-play with such businesses but many of them don't. I've seen it way too often, someone trying to start a niche concept and ending up locking it after two weeks or so due to lack of interest. Think of people role-playing as plumbers or gardners, construction workers, psychologists, even priests and church communities - you might get a job or two every week, but that's far from enough. It's the same for others that are not just RP-only - think of accountants or consultants.

And on top of this struggle of having barely anyone interested in such a business, you have to face the challenges everyone else faces, like getting robbed or extorted, harassed, scammed and so on. I'd love to see more unique businesses, but too many people will automatically default to what they know best - and you can't blame them.

• Thanks 1

No occupation or profession is lacking within the server due to the lack of interest, it's the lack of support those unique roleplayers suffer from, you want new things? support innovation instead of going to club no.3152 or bar no.612.
No one would mind being extorted, robbed or scammed as long as they see some support from the playerbase, there's a genuine lack in creativity due to the lack of support from within the community itself, why lose money when you can basically print it for just having a different scripted one? no matter how much you delude yourself players will want to make money, even when they do it for the sake of roleplay there isn't anyone to roleplay with.

• Upvote 1
On 11/9/2021 at 2:59 PM, Mahitto said:

And also because in real life, in sports, you depend a lot on your training and skill. In GTA, though, that's not a thing (with few exceptions). Everyone has the same ability to swim, fight, run, hike etc. There are some exceptions, like driving and shooting, but not many. Sports would be a great career option in-game, but we'd need a proper stamina/strength system for it to be a real thing. We could have local legends, not necessarily olympic athletes, but we'd need the proper framework for that to happen in.

An occasional MMA match is fun, but it's in no way possible to properly role-play an athlete in the long run with the current systems. 

and if you put them in, i think it's going to come back to people complaining about rpg features again like they used to a few years ago

i'd personally like to have script motivations to run and such

1 hour ago, shaobadman said:

and if you put them in, i think it's going to come back to people complaining about rpg features again like they used to a few years ago

True. If you put them in, people will complain that it's RPG and that they don't have time to actually train but rather jump straight to being a pro. If you don't, anything related to sports automatically loses all of the magic - after all, winning a MMA tournament (or any other sports competition) through /me's means you either decide from beforehand that you're the winner and that's how the role-play goes, or it's just a tournament of play-to-win - dodging everything, delivering the ultimate punches etc. We should have a skill system. It would open up so many responsibilities.

And we have a soccer script that's been forgotten about! I don't know why you can't just play soccer anywhere, or why there aren't a lot more (official+improvised) soccer fields around the map, except for the one in a gang turf in South Central. That's such a shame!

1 hour ago, shaobadman said:

Would put an end to 32 year-old MMA fighters getting knocked out by 12 year-olds, though, simply because one can script fight better than the other.

The big three that come to mind that also exist on the server right now:

• Dock workers: We've got a good handful but I'll be honest, it's mostly people from Italian, Chinese and Russian OC factions. I often see people complain about how unfulfilling the RP from trucking, bartending or doing security. The docks are a great alternative that pays well and your actually going to get to interact and RP with people across a super wide variety of RP.
  • Construction workers: 100% exists on the server although it varies in how much can be done. City Hall, the Rockford Dome and a few other buildings were built ICly at the same time that they were being OOCly mapped. The biggest issue I've seen is there's not enough work, the money that pays construction workers doesn't come from nowhere. In the case of say City Hall it's apart of the construction bid, the issue with construction bids is they only come around so often and only when the gov faction getting the building wants to go through that IC process. So when hypothetically PD gets a brand new station and just OOC maps it and NPC's the construction (Something you can't really blame them for doing) It takes away a ton of potential for construction RP.
  • Garbagemen: While the script job has been around for awhile, we're just now starting to see some organized RP around it. As far as I know, there are two companies so far doing it. But the skies the limit and like doing dock work, you can meet and RP with a wide variety of people you otherwise wouldn't.

Edited by Trupiano
13 hours ago, Mahitto said:

True. If you put them in, people will complain that it's RPG and that they don't have time to actually train but rather jump straight to being a pro. If you don't, anything related to sports automatically loses all of the magic - after all, winning a MMA tournament (or any other sports competition) through /me's means you either decide from beforehand that you're the winner and that's how the role-play goes, or it's just a tournament of play-to-win - dodging everything, delivering the ultimate punches etc. We should have a skill system. It would open up so many responsibilities.

And we have a soccer script that's been forgotten about! I don't know why you can't just play soccer anywhere, or why there aren't a lot more (official+improvised) soccer fields around the map, except for the one in a gang turf in South Central. That's such a shame!

i recall the football field being up near mirror park in east vinewood, i played it with a friend a few months ago and the script's not bad, there's no demand though it seems

i strongly agree though a skill system would be excellent and encourage many of us into rp we might not otherwise consider doing, i've seen it done poorly on some samp servers and still believe that it's done better when nobody's obligated/forced to do it, but instead they only gain by taking part