What LEGAL job is underrepresented on the server?

Coburn

11 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Yes, well I always told people, that if they can rp robbing someone or rp hanging out in a bar, they can also rp getting tattoo'd. Yes it may take up to 60 minutes or even longer, but that is because we always wanted to be realistic. For a full sleeve, sitting for 40-60 minutes there and conversing or something is not really that demanding. In real life getting a full sleeve means several visits to your artist each no shorter than 120 minutes. So I don't think we asked, that much. Thing is, that people only focus on what THEY want to do, not what others want to do. Another thing is, that I roleplay having rules, which often deters people from actually considering getting a tattoo. In character I demand a client to be of age 18 or above, the tattoo design must not contain any known gang insignias or general gang stuff, like a tear below their eye. Which is what many people ask and I always found it funny, a group of teens stepping inside, what looks like a pretty expensive shop and asking for an EBK tattoo on their neck. Not to mention, that my character always asks for consent and legal/medical disclaimer signature. Which may look more complicated in the eyes of others, but that's what I portray, a tattoo artist for stars. So last thing people tend to frown upon, is my price. I ask least 4-5000 for 40-60 minute sesh.

No offense but sitting still in-game for an hour or more is hella boring. I can see why people wouldn't want to commit to it. The way I always did it is, whenever the conversation dies down or role play gets repetitive, I write "/do The tattoo process continues for X amount of hours" and wrap it up instead of holding people hostage. 20-30 minutes is enough time to get the point across that the person is stuck in the studio for awhile.

We need a Walmart where all the kids can work before they clock out to go shoot some opps. The self-checkout lane can host unscripted MMA fights between people of all backgrounds and weight classes. The characters from Blaine can come to walk around barefoot or ride mobility scooters. The power trippers can make a Walmart faction and be the shift managers bossing regular employees around. The Loss Prevention team can all be armed guards that shoot you down in the parking lot after you shoplift a bag of Halloween leftover Reeses cups. Mobsters can come steal all the shopping carts and sell them to pawn shops for scrap parts. The possibilities are endless.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Pretty much all of them outside of nightclubs and government jobs? The server economy is set up so that the only people getting regular income are those who receive the government 'budget', whereas everyone else has to fight for scraps from LFM. A great example of this is that one PR guy in the LSPD gets more than the entirety of a legal factions monthly budget from LFM.

There's really what, two legal factions that aren't related to the government? Then there's about 8-10 government related factions and about 20 illegal ones + all the groups? The 'legal roleplay' scene doesn't really exist on this server and that's because there's not really interest in supporting it by the management team. At this point it feels like your RP options are: stripclubs, nightclubs, LEO/EMS or being a criminal; there's very little actual depth to the server.

Edited by books
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Athletes.

The culture of athleticism is in a sad state because no matter how much you develop your character to fail and succeed their way to becoming an athlete, whether through passive or player-to-player means, there’s always going to be that barrier between real life and this universe. Participation in larger events might bring reality to clash with GTAW’s lore, such as state/national competitions.

For example, you can’t develop a character to participate in the olympics, even if you’ve been roleplaying the sport for 2 years because it’d require everyone to get onboard and acknowledge that the character is in a televised event.

So in that way, I guess athletes are underrepresented and would love to see some sort of progress; businesses using excess profits to sponsor fighters, college teams and set up events to publicise their brand.

1 hour ago, Vassilios said:

Lawyers, judges and anything involving the judicial system.

I'd argue we have more law office RP than any other "non-governmental office RP" combined.

Literally every legal job that isn't a cop, firefighter, prosecutor, judge, senator or some high executive branch person is fairly underrepresented. Little city works, besides the Sheriff and the D.A. there's nobody that's part of the county government, news agencies aren't as active as they are in real life etc etc. It's not fun for most people to RP in an office for 5 hours, or RP being in fastfood for 3, etc, etc. 

41 minutes ago, Law said:

Athletes.

The culture of athleticism is in a sad state because no matter how much you develop your character to fail and succeed their way to becoming an athlete, whether through passive or player-to-player means, there’s always going to be that barrier between real life and this universe. Participation in larger events might bring reality to clash with GTAW’s lore, such as state/national competitions.

For example, you can’t develop a character to participate in the olympics, even if you’ve been roleplaying the sport for 2 years because it’d require everyone to get onboard and acknowledge that the character is in a televised event.

So in that way, I guess athletes are underrepresented and would love to see some sort of progress; businesses using excess profits to sponsor fighters, college teams and set up events to publicise their brand.

And also because in real life, in sports, you depend a lot on your training and skill. In GTA, though, that's not a thing (with few exceptions). Everyone has the same ability to swim, fight, run, hike etc. There are some exceptions, like driving and shooting, but not many. Sports would be a great career option in-game, but we'd need a proper stamina/strength system for it to be a real thing. We could have local legends, not necessarily olympic athletes, but we'd need the proper framework for that to happen in.

An occasional MMA match is fun, but it's in no way possible to properly role-play an athlete in the long run with the current systems. 

5 hours ago, books said:

Pretty much all of them outside of nightclubs and government jobs? The server economy is set up so that the only people getting regular income are those who receive the government 'budget', whereas everyone else has to fight for scraps from LFM. A great example of this is that one PR guy in the LSPD gets more than the entirety of a legal factions monthly budget from LFM.

There's really what, two legal factions that aren't related to the government? Then there's about 8-10 government related factions and about 20 illegal ones + all the groups? The 'legal roleplay' scene doesn't really exist on this server and that's because there's not really interest in supporting it by the management team. At this point it feels like your RP options are: stripclubs, nightclubs, LEO/EMS or being a criminal; there's very little actual depth to the server.

👏👏👏👏

Lack of support kills these missed opportunities. Can’t blame people for going where the money is.

It’s also a mentality issue when these unique businesses show up, barely anyone goes and supports them. Then people come on here and cry about the lack of unique businesses. Go figure.