Cooking At Home

GasolineFueled

I was indifferent to this suggestion at first. 

Having a mechanical needs system and forcing people into it has already been discussed so I won't beat it up again too much, there are certainly pros/cons. IF that was the route to go; might I suggest rather than a system that debuffs the player for not eating, it buffs the player for eating? For instance, take that same system of eating every X hours, but rather than make it so if you don't eat something bad happens, make it if you stay fed something good happens. You'll still encourage use of the mechanic, but you won't detriment people for not using it. And because of that, people who seek food roleplay will still partake in restaurants and those who do not will simply go to a gas station or the easiest route, IF they want the benefit. Perhaps as simple as some sort of slow-run health regeneration system, in which the server will run a check every ten minutes or so to see if:

A. You are currently fed.

B. Have health to regen.

C. Haven't taken damage within the past X time.

If all true; heal the player -> Which also helps with misclicks and lowered health from those and the need to stay constantly equipped with water bottles.

____

That said, even without some kind of mechanic effecting the player in place — simply having a /makefood command available for both businesses and personal use in some capacity would fill the role without the extra complications. Use it if it makes sense to your roleplay, don't use it if you don't want to. Would certainly help those running food trucks anyway. 

Edited by Inked
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/14/2021 at 12:45 PM, Inked said:

Having a mechanical needs system and forcing people into it has already been discussed so I won't beat it up again too much, there are certainly pros/cons. IF that was the route to go; might I suggest rather than a system that debuffs the player for not eating, it buffs the player for eating? For instance, take that same system of eating every X hours, but rather than make it so if you don't eat something bad happens, make it if you stay fed something good happens. You'll still encourage use of the mechanic, but you won't detriment people for not using it. And because of that, people who seek food roleplay will still partake in restaurants and those who do not will simply go to a gas station or the easiest route, IF they want the benefit. Perhaps as simple as some sort of slow-run health regeneration system, in which the server will run a check every ten minutes or so to see if:

B. Have health to regen.

If all true; heal the player -> Which also helps with misclicks and lowered health from those and the need to stay constantly equipped with water bottles.

____

That said, even without some kind of mechanic effecting the player in place — simply having a /makefood command available for both businesses and personal use in some capacity would fill the role without the extra complications. Use it if it makes sense to your roleplay, don't use it if you don't want to. Would certainly help those running food trucks anyway. 

Very fair compromise as far as a eating system goes! Glad though that food mechanics aside - having a /makefood for home situations would great!

On 11/14/2021 at 11:15 PM, Inked said:

B. Have health to regen.

____

image.png.4bd25fa315d01c7d07fb40d1449aec3c.png

I applaud your idea. Very nice and practical

I was actually thinking about this while I was hunting animals in the server. I noted that the only purpose for animal carcasses after hunting is to sell them at the food supplier in Blaine county instead we could use the bodies of animal parts to make certain meat dishes or dishes in general. This will make sure both systems are somehow tied together hence creating fun role play scenarios.  

On 11/23/2021 at 2:53 AM, Jam888 said:

I was actually thinking about this while I was hunting animals in the server. I noted that the only purpose for animal carcasses after hunting is to sell them at the food supplier in Blaine county instead we could use the bodies of animal parts to make certain meat dishes or dishes in general. This will make sure both systems are somehow tied together hence creating fun role play scenarios.  

The ability to turn animal carcasses into food is a cool idea. Maybe they can make it so if you're holding an animal carcass, you can use "/createitem recipe" once in order to turn the carcass into a food item. Perhaps they can even make it so, the higher quality the carcass is, the more food you can create with one carcass.

Altho, i dunno what we can do to stop people from abusing the system. Because there's nothing really stopping someone from creating a food item that doesn't make sense with what animal carcass was used. Like for example, if someone created a bunch of, japanese kit kats with a deer carcass. There's not really anything to stop someone from doing that...

• Wuhtah locked this topic