Cooking At Home

GasolineFueled

I've heard this has been suggested before - well it's back again.

Hear me out.

Cooking at home.

We cook in real life, why not cook at home? And when I say home I mean /home/. Like a house or apartment. Has to make sense. So hotels, motels? Sorry. No dice.*

> > *I do have something you COULD do for those who live in hotels/motels...it's more script heavy. But it'll be under For Poor Unfortunate Souls

Yes, I wrote this much about it. No, I'm not sorry. If you can't be convinced after this effort? I do not know how to convince you. I will concede.

I am so sorry for this like 12 page thesis...clearly I am passionate about this. No flame ty. ❤️

Why & What?

What can this be used for? Why would we use it?

• People who enjoy couples RP. A couple that cooks together STAYS together. Even in the shithole that is Los Santos. The way to ones heart is their stomach. Tell me I'm wrong. I'll wait... *crickets*.
  • People who enjoy having people over for dinner. Because other than money and blackmail food is a guaranteed way to keep your friends. Trust me. I'm Italian how else would I have friends outside of a virtual space. I COOK.
  • Could introduce a system in where the player HAS to eat at least every 12 online hours - this is a toss up! But if you DID introduce a system like this:
    • Cocaine & other uppers would make that time in between LONGER by say 30 minutes. This effect of not being hungry could only be applied once every 12 hrs online hours.
    •  Weed & downers would make that time in between shorter or an instant needing to eat again. This effect of instant hunger could be applied one time every 12 hrs online hours.
      • Drug effects paired with food effects could ALSO be put on a "random" chance type roll.
    • Cheaper quality foods could lower this timer by 1 hour. {This would only apply once every 24 hours}
    • Where as better quality foods could up this timer by 1 hour. {This would only apply once every 24 hours}
  • Not eating would cause damage up to half your health {maybe only up to a quarter so it's not AS punishing}.
    • This would still work for homeless people because of shelters, begging for money, and sometimes y'know homeless people go hungry. Gives a challenge but not impossible.
  • Restaurants would have more of a purpose than just "RP eating" and "hang out spot" people would stop by to actually use it.
    • Fast Food places can be introduced as a way for younger people (or homeless people) to get jobs at a lower rate because who wants to wait for real food to be made? {Both RP wise and actually typing what you need to do}.
  • This could make Grocery Stores a thing...or at least make Corner Stores more reliable!
    • This means you could also add "food items" that you need in order to make a dish! The number could be set by the price that the food would cost you to make. For example:
      • If you wanted to make a cheap food you'd buy the cheapest food item you could. It would be scripted like the /createdrink command one food item would be "cheap quality food"
      • You could then modify the food by adding other food items to it either by making up a command like /modifyfood or you can do /createfoodadd and add more to it, the more you add the higher quality food. Up to say 3 or 4 modifications can be made.

How?

How do we keep people from abusing this and reselling their "plates" to make money?

• This can be solved one of three ways:
    • Make it so the items is not trade-able or drop-able meaning, you have to consume it or store it {taking up space} in order to get rid of it.
    • Make it so it can't leave the apartment instance.
    • Alternatively you CAN make this into a 'self-employed' business type. But this license is NOT easy to get. Let me explain:
      • You have to get a food safety license. {if that doesn't already exist}
      • You have to get a food sellers permit {if that doesn't already exist}
      • You have to get inspected and certified by the health department. Once every three months after. {This would keep those who live in lower grade living from abusing this}
      • You have to pay taxes every month {or every paycheck} on top of normal taxes for being self employed {these are not light taxes either}. These would be 33% of your check. {Or less that can be adjust but irl you would save 33% of your money for taxes at the end of the year!}

For Poor Unfortunate Souls

I know, I know so you like living like a fucking Gypsy and only live in Hotels or in your Motor homes I know - it's the 'hipster thing' to do so for you guys, I have a solution.

Portable Stove Tops!

• Pros
    • Portable! - duh!
    • Easy to use!
    • Space saver!
    • Cheap option

• Cons
    • Gas ones can cause the player damage {fire damage}.
    • Electric ones can short out, stop working all together.
    • Limited to what you can cook!
    • Gas ones have to be refilled, whereas Electric ones will need a handful of repairs before they completely die.

But why?

Well, let's start off with the poor shlubs who live in hotel/motels for unfortunate reasons such as 'poor' 'moved in to a new town and has to save', people who want to live in a mobile home, or people who have that crap of an apartment that they can't afford a stove? This again would add to the realism of things, not every apartment, trailer home, etc. has room or 

Talk this out with me, let's find solutions for my swiss cheese idea and turn this into good ol' americano cheese, or provolone if you're that fancy. If ANYTHING forget a hunger system forget everything else other than "We should be able to cook in our own homes...". The hunger system I think would help keep restaurants afloat and you can even make it more expensive to cook/buy groceries than it is to eat out to balance out the system a bit. 🙂

• Upvote 8

Edits:

- When I say not droppable or tradeable this applies outside of the apartment instance. Meaning you can only trade if you're say serving dinner for friends and family!

- Alternatively if you have, the self-employed status this could change and you can do so but maybe only so much in one day or have a cooldown of online hours. 

Updates:

Holy support Batman! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes passive RP! I see a lot of potential for immersion RP didn’t think people were into it like I was. 💜

Edited by GasolineFueled
Edits/Updates
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic