New economy update : QoL improvements?

Nervous

You actually replied to my suggestion with the /charity "workaround" but I still stand by the option to disable paychecks completely for characters who might want to roleplay a character who doesn't have a bank account, someone off the radar or someone who doesn't receive welfare. Assumed it would have been considered with the revamp but I suppose not.

Seems weird to push an entire update with the intent to make ALL money IC included banks while also not giving players the option to not be magically rich for just existing, especially on a server that's supposed to emulate California. People would think you're joking if you said you was fighting to be poor in what's supposed to be a simulation of the United States.

14 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

You actually replied to my suggestion with the /charity "workaround" but I still stand by the option to disable paychecks completely for characters who might want to roleplay a character who doesn't have a bank account, someone off the radar or someone who doesn't receive welfare. Assumed it would have been considered with the revamp but I suppose not.

Seems weird to push an entire update with the intent to make ALL money IC included banks while also not giving players the option to not be magically rich for just existing, especially on a server that's supposed to emulate California. People would think you're joking if you said you was fighting to be poor in what's supposed to be a simulation of the United States.

Yeah this, lemme disable hourly paychecks n live off my mapping earnings...

• Developer
1 hour ago, nwah_ said:

I think having routing numbers is a big hassle. Compared to the old /banktransfer (amount) (firstname) (lastname) system, it just feels really clunky to have to ask for a routing number now. It was fine before imo. All the business bank stuff is rather annoying too, as far as I know there's no way to take money from a business bank as cash, even though it'd have more potential for RP with business owners having to carry their money to the bank (could set up some well thought out robberies with this). 

/bcashbox withdraw or use /bmanager -> Settings -> Withdraw / Deposit. Keep in mind a cashbox is not your business bank. A cashbox is just a cash register from where you will have to grab the cash out that your customers paid with. Owners / Managers can access the cashbox.

For your actual business bank use /btransfer to transfer the money to a personal account from where you withdraw it out at an ATM to have it exit the bankflow.

To bypass routings have your employees use /bpay (essentially offering card readers to customers).

2 hours ago, nwah_ said:

I think having routing numbers is a big hassle.

Me when I try to roleplay a character whose credit card is just covered (or not) by her bank account, but running into yet another cim or pm telling me what code to enter in my chat to proceed

3958f09c1c934c1a30019558b2ca2c9a.gif

Edited by knppel

Some nice features that I can think of:

• ability to create an business bank account for any business that does not have a script(Lawncare, Handyman, Construction, etc) but are registered with the Licensing department in Gov.
  • Allowing for new private(Allow anyone to have a second private bank account for whatever reason) and joint bank accounts(tied in with /marriage perhaps) to be created.
21 minutes ago, lambchops said:

Access to the routing numbers of faction members as a legal faction leader. We pay their scriptwise paychecks IC so we ought to be able to have their routing number for additional pay.

This is actually brilliant. Maybe in UCP or the banking app if it ever happens?

Make the /bpay command work outside the business also. I can't use /bpay in my business because the business script is in an office in the city, but we would realistically have card readers with us, instead of requiring people to /transfer to the business' bank account.

• Wuhtah locked this topic