Improve consequences for criminal activity

Moonsong

11 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

Bold of you to assume this is just a criminal issue.

How many cops have name changed to get out of trouble legally or professionally? The answer is a lot.

Factions should give a lot less leeway to people that are convicted / terminated imo. There should be a lot less free namechanges offered out - I think they should only be offered out to genuine fuckups, not something malicious like a very questionable shoot or corruption.

2 hours ago, joshua said:

I'll support, sucked pretty bad when I spent literal hours of my real life investigating a situation, getting a warrant up on a suspect, putting time in to catch him, only for him to then gloat in my face when I took him to TTCF that he's just gonna kill himself and namechange. Which he did, five minutes after having the /arrestcounty command ran on him. Would rather have just not bothered putting the time in.

But why? Why do you care? You're not a real cop, your character is. And your character did their job and accomplished something important. Isn't this the whole point? Roleplay is creating stories... that should be your goal. The fact that the guy you arrest spends a number of real life hours locked in jail should be irrelevant to you, and definitely shouldn't be in any way "satisfactory". 

4 minutes ago, jamba said:

But why? Why do you care? You're not a real cop, your character is. And your character did their job and accomplished something important. Isn't this the whole point? Roleplay is creating stories... that should be your goal. The fact that the guy you arrest spends a number of real life hours locked in jail should be irrelevant to you, and definitely shouldn't be in any way "satisfactory". 

Those victories are meaningless if it isn't putting a dent in the massive violent crime problem. We're still hovering at ten people killed every day, regardless of how many are put in prison. It's already caused the EMS to buckle under the pressure and dissolve to the point of needing NPC ambulances, and we're seeing trucking take a hit again too.

And, as pointed out, the proposal is already a rule anyway, so it's weird that we're here arguing the merits.

Edited by DasFroggy
5 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Those victories are meaningless if it isn't putting a dent in the massive violent crime problem. We're still hovering at ten people killed every day, regardless of how many are put in prison. It's already caused the EMS to buckle under the pressure and dissolve to the point of needing NPC ambulances, and we're seeing trucking take a hit again too.

And, as pointed out, the proposal is already a rule anyway, so it's weird that we're here arguing the merits.

They might be meaningless in the grand scheme of things (just like most IRL arrests are anyways), but they shouldn't be meaningless to your character and their story and development. I just don't think that LEOs should seek satisfaction in locking people in jail as a consequence of their investigations or actions whatsoever. The satisfaction should be the roleplay itself and your character's accomplishment... if the guy eventually namechanges, who cares. That was my point. I agree that crime rates are unrealistically high and I might even agree on the suggestion.

13 minutes ago, Crusade said:

this is just going to drive more and more illegal roleplayers away to different communities. 

Except... as previously pointed out, it's already a rule. Why haven't our criminals gone to a new community already? You say it will happen if this becomes a rule, but it's already a rule, so shouldn't it have already happened?

3 minutes ago, jamba said:

they shouldn't be meaningless to your character and their story and development.

Except they become meaningless to your character and story development if the situation is only getting worse despite their efforts. Their characters are literally seeing IC that they're not doing enough, and that quite possibly they CANT do enough, because of an OOC problem.

4 minutes ago, jamba said:

I just don't think that LEOs should seek satisfaction in locking people in jail as a consequence of their investigations or actions whatsoever.

Fantastic news, they don't. IC, it is seen in the law enforcement community as nigh pointless. I'm not at all surprised that fatigue is sweeping through the ranks of law enforcement by now.

5 minutes ago, jamba said:

if the guy eventually namechanges, who cares.

The people who have to find that new character that is literally killing innocent people, maintaining the momentum of ten people killed every day. It means that literally nothing was accomplished by arresting the last guy, and may have even made things worse.