Robberies

eTaylor

21 minutes ago, GambloTwitch said:

You guys always pick up side with the person being robbed, but sometimes it’s frustrating even for the robbers.

When you get approached by robbers and you clearly don’t see any way out of this, JUST ROLEPLAY LOSING YOUR ITEMS.

I know it must be frustrating sometimes to lose something you’ve put effort in earning, but that’s your own mistake right there. You know the criminality rate is high and you know there might be that chance.

The play2win mentality of the robbed part sometimes is sick to watch. Waiting one minute each action on purpose for the hope of a cruiser or anybody to witness the actions or, in the worst cases, calling for help through Discord

When I perform a robbery I IMMEDIATELY understand if the person I’m robbing has something really valuable on his person. Just through the way he responds my /me’s and /do’s.

100% agreed but to play devil's advocate this is just as sick to watch on the other side as well. People who instantly think any sort of response by the victim other than fetal position, shaking in a corner is a show of no fear RP and automatically assume they are just play to win. Both sides are at fault and both sides have their fair share of awful RP'ers. Its a mentality that doesn't seem to be changing either. The divide is only getting larger unfortunately and the good RP'ers on both sides are getting lost in the mix, overshadowed by the loud and sub-par RP'ers, both legal and illegal. It's not one side's fault or the other's. It's this constant battle of legal vs illegal instead of bad RP'ers vs good RP'ers.

Edited by 99
32 minutes ago, GambloTwitch said:

You guys always pick up side with the person being robbed, but sometimes it’s frustrating even for the robbers.

When you get approached by robbers and you clearly don’t see any way out of this, JUST ROLEPLAY LOSING YOUR ITEMS.

I know it must be frustrating sometimes to lose something you’ve put effort in earning, but that’s your own mistake right there. You know the criminality rate is high and you know there might be that chance.

The play2win mentality of the robbed part sometimes is sick to watch. Waiting one minute each action on purpose for the hope of a cruiser or anybody to witness the actions or, in the worst cases, calling for help through Discord

When I perform a robbery I IMMEDIATELY understand if the person I’m robbing has something really valuable on his person. Just through the way he responds my /me’s and /do’s.

It's all nice and dandy, aside from the fact, that given the high crime rate you can become a victim literally three times a day at least, which at this point turns to nuissance, rather than roleplay experience. It's literally waste of time, maybe we should just drop all items on the ground and wait for robbers to pick them up or something? I am honestly tired of replacing phones every few weeks, luckily I have contact list saved. Not to mention, that the server population is cops and robbers, given majority of characters are either criminal or LEO. I have yet to meet a character who doesn't have a gun or someone with vigilante mentality on the speed dial or mafia friends.

25 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

It's all nice and dandy, aside from the fact, that given the high crime rate you can become a victim literally three times a day at least, which at this point turns to nuissance, rather than roleplay experience. It's literally waste of time, maybe we should just drop all items on the ground and wait for robbers to pick them up or something? I am honestly tired of replacing phones every few weeks, luckily I have contact list saved. Not to mention, that the server population is cops and robbers, given majority of characters are either criminal or LEO. I have yet to meet a character who doesn't have a gun or someone with vigilante mentality on the speed dial or mafia friends.

I don’t know how you guys experience these situations. Really, I would love to put myself in your shoes but I just don’t experience what you do.
I’ve been robbed three times in the past four months.  Two of them I was stupid enough to play poker at the pier or in some other outside location and at night, the other time I’ve been robbed in the parking lot in Hawick where my character lives and it was well executed and portrayed (not to mention my phone was always left inside my pockets).

Also, I manage a bar and happen to roleplay with people around clubs and bars, and the majority of those people RP legal or ERP. Some of them probably own a gun but with a regular CCW and they do not intend to violate any law. I’m a criminal and I performed some robberies when I have a realistic opportunity or RP to do so ( I might say 2,3 times a week to be honest the max, and not every week) and i believe I’ve found only one person with a gun in the last 6 robberies, and he also managed to try to kill me though. Robberies take IC risks that are HIGH. Especially if you are smart enough to know there are criminals around and you know how to behave properly.

Edited by GambloTwitch
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Well I roleplay on the street, so maybe that's how?

May I know what do you exactly mean by that? Are you a gang roleplayer? If you are, you cannot really blame on criminality OOC… you are a gang roleplayer. You are lucky you experience robberies only and you’re yet not killed on the streets. That’s the path you’ve chosen.

If you RP legal on the street, may I know how do you RP on the street? You mean you stay like in the outside when you RP? Do you happen to stay in public places with other people? Or do you happen to stay in isolated places alone? I’m genuinely interested to know how you guys get robbed so easily as legal roleplayers or not gang roleplayers.

57 minutes ago, GambloTwitch said:

May I know what do you exactly mean by that? Are you a gang roleplayer? If you are, you cannot really blame on criminality OOC… you are a gang roleplayer. You are lucky you experience robberies only and you’re yet not killed on the streets. That’s the path you’ve chosen.

If you RP legal on the street, may I know how do you RP on the street? You mean you stay like in the outside when you RP? Do you happen to stay in public places with other people? Or do you happen to stay in isolated places alone? I’m genuinely interested to know how you guys get robbed so easily as legal roleplayers or not gang roleplayers.

Never been a gang roleplayer. The closest I got is a small time drug addicted thief, but that's it. Other than that, I like to portray life as seen in reality, which means I do not use armored car when I just need to walk down two blocks to a bar. If I plan to drink, I wouldn't use car anyway. Then you get told, never stay or walk alone, always move in groups if you wanna survive. Like what setting are we portraying Escape from Los Angeles cyberpunk? Or 2021 American city? I get it, criminality is high irl yes. But we have a city with approx, 800+, which roughly translates as 3 gangsters to 1 legal character and 2 cops. So go figure. Now mind you all this, is understandable cause it's a game. But I cannot roleplay being robbed every week, so I treat that as ooc matter, it does not impact my roleplay and development. Cause that's impossible.

Edited by Engelbert
1 hour ago, GambloTwitch said:

I don’t know how you guys experience these situations. Really, I would love to put myself in your shoes but I just don’t experience what you do.

It really depends. I've gone through patches of not being robbed once in 6 months, then suddenly getting robbed 6 times in a week. Your mileage may vary. There's also OOC elements to it. I know for a fact that there's particular characters with a level of notoriety (be it IC or OOC) that seem to be singled out constantly as robbery victims, to the point of it seeming like an OOC meme.

1 hour ago, GambloTwitch said:

If you RP legal on the street, may I know how do you RP on the street? You mean you stay like in the outside when you RP? Do you happen to stay in public places with other people?

Robberies happen anywhere. I've seen people get kidnapped in the ULSA Campus and be robbed in a car, then dumped in the county with no phone. I've been robbed at gunpoint a couple times times at Del Perro Pier, which reasonably IRL would be a bustling, busy tourist attraction, but in the game is a cul de sac with only one entrance/exit and thus the perfect robbery trap. I've also, again in Vespucci, been robbed right on the beach next to the bike rental/the Lifeguard HQ while just having a conversation with my IC girlfriend. I've seen people recently get robbed at gunpoint outside some apartments with 10+ people in a group down the same street (which developed into 2 CKs).

There's all kinds of examples for both sides, but yes, it varies a lot. The beach and the Pier are prime examples because due to the rule that dictates that who you see is who there is on the street, and no NPCs exist to act as pedestrians, what could be perfectly leisurely locations for a civilian RPer wanting to go for a walk happen to be the perfectly abandoned, isolated spots for a robber.

That means that we live in a city in which you'd have to be stupid to go to the pier or the beach unless you know there's a police cruiser just chilling there, even if in the mind of the average civilian it should be reasonably safe to go there (maybe you'll have your purse snatched, but not 4-man armed robbery dangerous, surely), and thus perpetuating this cycle of streets being empty because nowhere other than crime-free areas are really sacred (not that they necessarily should be).

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 2