Robberies

eTaylor

1 hour ago, Dakimakura said:

Then you are reported and asked if:

- Your vietnam veteran soldier background to know why he did it and how he learned to shoot.

- Why your char has no fear to jail/die.

- Why you did it, because you didnt know if they wanted to rob you or not.

And you'll get prolly ajailed/warned when they shoot you for no reason, commiting murder for a simple robbery.

Umm the crime rate is IC actually as people like to say. So saying I didn't know they want to rob me, would be false, cause that's literally the only reason on this server why a couple of people approaches someone standing alone on the street, or why a random car pulls up to them. So it is 100% guarantee you are getting robbed.

Now if this was a war and you spotted an enemy you'd shoot first. So rulebreak or not, it's justified IC.

15 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Umm the crime rate is IC actually as people like to say. So saying I didn't know they want to rob me, would be false, cause that's literally the only reason on this server why a couple of people approaches someone standing alone on the street, or why a random car pulls up to them. So it is 100% guarantee you are getting robbed.

Now if this was a war and you spotted an enemy you'd shoot first. So rulebreak or not, it's justified IC.

bro they are trolling you jeez 

anyway, we should just make a DM server and be able to kill everyone!!! Me and @DasFroggywill lead the charge, #DEATHTORP

24 minutes ago, ZaE said:

bro they are trolling you jeez 

anyway, we should just make a DM server and be able to kill everyone!!! Me and @DasFroggywill lead the charge, #DEATHTORP

Joking aside, things absolutely would be better if we didn't have to abide some pesky rules of engagement.

An armed society is a polite society.

What is the purpose of increasing the jail time if the time for certain  crimes is already fair enough? It gives you plenty of time to roleplay in jail. If you increase the time for jail, that's just going to motivate ooc based decisions from people in game. For example, player 1 robs player 2 at gun point, player 3 is a cop and sees this half way through the robbery. Player 1 decides to just get into a shootout with the cops or run off and find a reason to pk himself since he knows the jail time got increased. It doesn't let anyone wanting to roleplay getting their gun confiscated or any other unique roleplay with law enforcement, further just making this a cops and robbers server.

1 hour ago, Wolfhound said:

Maybe SEB and LSPD SWAT should just adopt BOPE tactics since people like to often LARP Los Santos as Sao Paulo or something and just shoot criminals dead the moment they try to get funny.

Just let this be the approach for everyone. Criminal sees some 99 crips edging on the wrong turf? Those 99's won't do it again after getting gunned down by ten AK's. 

Some civvie getting followed into a subway by a ragged dude with gold teeth? Sounds like the police are going to be collecting a corpse with gold teeth.

Why not restrict new unapproved character creations down to 2 a month? This would establish a minimum of two weeks where you have to roleplay the consequences of your actions should you choose to create a throw away character for the specific purpose of doing crime and name changing out of it.

Additionally allow admins to approve a new character creation with sufficient reasoning?

Edited by disnep

Most people do not like being robbed. It's just a distraction from what ever RP you were doing. I'm sure there are exceptions but the majority of robbers all play out exactly the same, and the quicker I can pass over my items and go on with my day the better. You can't fight back, you can't run you can't really do anything other than comply else you'll get CK'd if you fail at escaping or fighting back, or you will be forum reported if you SUCCEED in escaping and/or fighting back.

We can keep having this conversation every month for the next 4 years but I don't foresee much changing. 

• Upvote 2