Robberies

eTaylor

The main problem with robberies is the usually poor roleplay around them. Rarely are you robbed by a struggling crackhead/desperate person with a knife next to a dark alley.

Instead you're robbed by four eighteen year olds in a Bravado Hellhound all armed with handguns/shotguns with the speed and efficiency of a trained robbery crew.

Noone enjoys this. It's not good RP. It's why robberies have a bad name, people chasing OOC assets rather than focusing on char dev and a good reciprocal interaction between robber and robee.

Punishment tier/severity does not deter bad roleplay.  Bad roleplay must be fixed in other ways. 

Robbery quality must go up, and robbery crews must be fixed for things which robbery crews make sense for.  

Edited by Sam2
1 hour ago, Sam2 said:

The main problem with robberies is the usually poor roleplay around them. Rarely are you robbed by a struggling crackhead/desperate person with a knife next to a dark alley.

Instead you're robbed by four eighteen year olds in a Bravado Hellhound all armed with handguns/shotguns with the speed and efficiency of a trained robbery crew.

Noone enjoys this. It's not good RP. It's why robberies have a bad name, people chasing OOC assets rather than focusing on char dev and a good reciprocal interaction between robber and robee.

Punishment tier/severity does not deter bad roleplay.  Bad roleplay must be fixed in other ways. 

Robbery quality must go up, and robbery crews must be fixed for things which robbery crews make sense for.  

It doesn't help that we've got folks chain-robbing now too. Ever since they learned that they can cycle who uses the /rob command with each victim, they've been able to remain under the radar.

1 hour ago, Sam2 said:

Basically a good way to sum it all up.

I've seen both sides of the robbery coin. The first bad one: someone /b'ing that you're gonna get reported if you don't comply RIGHT NOW because you're STALLING. Except I hadn't played in 3 years so I had no clue there were any specific commands or things to do (plus I tend to /me reactions, like... anyone should? But it's considered stalling, it seems). Made me want to just play something else.

And the second, good one: some dude desperate for something, not sure what, but you could see in the descriptions, the reactions, ... that the robber was 1) OOC'ly not specifically after assets but an RP scene and 2) IC'ly doing it for a good reason - I have no idea which, but it's at least how I felt about it during the scene. Made me want to play more, to find the guy and RP with him again, because now I really wonder what happened to his char and what's going on for him to do that kind of stuff.

Also, first time happened, yep, on Vinewood Boulevard in the afternoon. There's a reason why I take this example to illustrate how utterly ridiculous the "if there's no player there's nobody" rule is 😛 Second one happened around Alta, in a small alley next to some garages. Makes sense that there'd be nobody and why it would be a good place for an ambush. 

If we had more of the second one and less of the first, I'm pretty sure we'd have a lot less OOC drama surrounding robberies ^^' 

Look, crime in this city is out of control. Thank God I went down to Gunther's Guns and picked up a spare. I don't think one would've done it. I'm gonna go out and buy some more. And I think you should, too. Don't be a victim, it's time to fight back.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Sam2 said:

Pretty much sums up everything. Bravo 👏👏

You guys always pick up side with the person being robbed, but sometimes it’s frustrating even for the robbers.

When you get approached by robbers and you clearly don’t see any way out of this, JUST ROLEPLAY LOSING YOUR ITEMS.

I know it must be frustrating sometimes to lose something you’ve put effort in earning, but that’s your own mistake right there. You know the criminality rate is high and you know there might be that chance.

The play2win mentality of the robbed part sometimes is sick to watch. Waiting one minute each action on purpose for the hope of a cruiser or anybody to witness the actions or, in the worst cases, calling for help through Discord

When I perform a robbery I IMMEDIATELY understand if the person I’m robbing has something really valuable on his person. Just through the way he responds my /me’s and /do’s.

Edited by GambloTwitch