Robberies

eTaylor

25 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

I'd personally like to see drastically longer prison sentences and put comitting crimes into perspective. Sure, not real-life years, but not hours either. Rob someone? You're in there for two weeks. Kill someone? A month and a half. Rob someone then evade and kill a cop? You're in for three months. If we're having people commit gruesome crimes and get charged with 10 days maximum in prison, a lot of stuff goes wrong (and it does).  

That would balance a lot of things out and it would make comitting crimes much more realistic.

Bit extreme there, if people are gonna sit in jail for 3 OOC months you won't even have no roleplayers on the server no more.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Just shoot first.

Then you are reported and asked if:

- Your vietnam veteran soldier background to know why he did it and how he learned to shoot.

- Why your char has no fear to jail/die.

- Why you did it, because you didnt know if they wanted to rob you or not.

And you'll get prolly ajailed/warned when they shoot you for no reason, commiting murder for a simple robbery.

31 minutes ago, Alys said:

Bit extreme there, if people are gonna sit in jail for 3 OOC months you won't even have no roleplayers on the server no more.

That would be a lot, you'd need to do quite a lot of stuff and get caught in order to end up in jail for 3 OOC months. An average sentence should, however, be around 2 weeks to one month. People don't go to jail thirty times in two years in real life, while most characters here do - that's how we end up with 20-year-olds who have ten counts of evading, armed robbery, kidnapping, reckless driving among 20 other violent felonies. If sentences were (much) longer, court cases would have more of a purpose, investigations would warrant the dozens if not hundreds of hours put into them (without seeing the guy you've been investigating for 3 months walk free 2 days after you finally caught him, back doing the same thing), people would be able to make jail RP an actual part of their characters, since they'd interact more with the same people over a longer period of time (going to prison for 2 days is not nearly enough time for meaningful RP), people would be much more considerate both when doing crime and about how they do it, thus lowering the insanely unrealistic crime rate in LS to something more approachable and many, many more issues.

I personally see nothing wrong with characters spending 1 OOC month in jail, if that's the kind of character people want to portray. Prison isn't supposed to be something you get in and out of. Many gang bangers end up spending either the majority or entirety of their lives in prison. Prison times on GTA World are anything but realistic.

1 hour ago, Moonsong said:

Even if the IC penalties for robbery were harsher (which I think they should be) it would have very little effect on those committing them when the player can just namechange out of jail (this becomes even more of a problem for those who spend tens of hours of roleplay to secure a conviction via trial) or respawn after dying to cops keeping the money they robbed and any items they manage to stash. Even CKs are of little deterrent to players using throwaway characters. 

Afaik, while in custody, you aren’t allowed to NC?

if you can then I agree it shouldn’t be allowed.

42 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Afaik, while in custody, you aren’t allowed to NC?

if you can then I agree it shouldn’t be allowed.

You can, once you're actually in jail and convicted though you need to /report to be released. Currently the only time you're not allowed is when there is an active trial or afaik active investigation for which you're in custody.  

Edited by Moonsong
1 hour ago, Valkyria said:

Just shoot first.

Now someone's speaking my language! 

All these pesky rules of engagement in the name of "rEaLiSm" are little more than an antiquated and cumbersome holdover that makes roleplay clunky and souring, all to uphold realism we secretly gave up on ten thousand bodies ago.

1 hour ago, Dakimakura said:

Then you are reported and asked if:

- Your vietnam veteran soldier background to know why he did it and how he learned to shoot.

- Why your char has no fear to jail/die.

- Why you did it, because you didnt know if they wanted to rob you or not.

And you'll get prolly ajailed/warned when they shoot you for no reason, commiting murder for a simple robbery.

The consequences should be entirely IC. Shoot someone in the face fifty times? The worst GTAW should be able to throw is a prison sentence, regardless of whether the victim was a civvie or a criminal. You'll see crime change A LOT, and for the better, if people can shoot eachother without fear of OOC ramifications.

• Upvote 1

I get where you're coming from, but let's stop with this mediocre shit. This is a HEAVY roleplay server. It should be serious and immersive. If you die during a robbery either as the robber or the victim, you should also die in real life. It makes sense, people will value their own life and, thus, their character's life more.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, joshua said:

I get where you're coming from, but let's stop with this mediocre shit. This is a HEAVY roleplay server. It should be serious and immersive. If you die during a robbery either as the robber or the victim, you should also die in real life. It makes sense, people will value their own life and, thus, their character's life more.

Enough of this mediocre car RP scene, your vehicle should undergo an inspection every 3 months and a mechanic then can tell you that you that he heard a little rattle somewhere in the gearbox and that he thought he wouldn't bother you with a phonecall so he fixed that anyway so that checkup and the windscreen wiper fluid change will l be $15000 dollars thank you.