why is this consider unrealistic on world?

free

9 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

We're so far outside the borders of realism with our status quo, the locals are speaking a foreign language. 

Which isn't unrealistic, either 😂

My two cents though, we shouldn't be banning anything that would make for realistic RP. But I'm strongly against censorship 🤷‍♀️

The issue is really how we control potentially problematic RP. I think it was @L I C E that asked about crashing a plane into some houses. Yes, I think if the RP leads in that direction then you should be allowed to crash that plane - because it's not like it can't happen irl. The problem would only be if dozens of other players want to crash planes into houses, too. 

Arson RP is permitted on the server because it's realistic and in some cases, the RP leads in that direction, but it's done in a very controlled manner that requires admin involvement. This should be the standard for all RP across the server so long as it's realistic. The argument that we have to limit realistic RP for the sake of maintaining control on the server isn't a strong one, imo. Not when there are ways around it.

Edited by Taina
8 minutes ago, Wolfhound said:

Planned robberies should be the norm instead of "brainless" randomly picking off people at the street. It's the age of cellphone cameras after all.

The crime rate in my city has been skyrocketing lately, everything from robberies and hate crimes to murder in the street - and everyone's got a cellphone 👀

I also don't think making planned robberies the norm accurately reflects RL but to be fair, most of the robbery RP I've witnessed in game has been planned in terms of going out prepared for it. Selecting random targets? That happens, as it does irl.

Edited by Taina
1 minute ago, Taina said:

The crime rate in my city has been skyrocketing lately, everything from robberies and hate crimes to murder in the street - and everyone's got a cellphone 👀

I also don't think making planned robberies the norm accurately reflects RL. 

I do not mind if people do unplanned robberies, but they shouldn't complain if someone calls the cops on them because they got them on their cellphone or lord forbid, hunt down their entire bloodline like it's Mexico.

Edited by Wolfhound
5 minutes ago, Wolfhound said:

I do not mind if people do unplanned robberies, but they shouldn't complain if someone calls the cops on them because they got them on their cellphone or lord forbid, hunt down their entire bloodline like it's Mexico.

I agree. Everything has it's consequence. Cop RP is another can of worms though 👀 I've known many people irl who have had their phones stolen, some who have had them snatched right out of their hands by a kid who rode past on a bike. I've never known any cop to go so hard to try and bring justice over any stolen phone to the point of going on a high-speed chase after a robber, and certainly never heard of dozens of cops breaking down a door and storming into a property with weapons drawn over a stolen phone that's been tracked 😂  I think that's where the complaints about cop involvement come in. 

Edited by Taina
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Taina said:

I agree. Everything has it's consequence. Cop RP is another can of worms though 👀 I've known many people irl who have had their phones stolen, some who have had them snatched right out of their hands by a kid who rode past on a bike. I've never known any cop to go so hard to try and bring justice over any stolen phone to the point of going on a high-speed chase after a robber, and certainly never heard of dozens of cops breaking down a door and storming into a property with weapons drawn over a stolen phone that's been tracked 😂  I think that's where the complaints about cop involvement come in. 

That is another topic, but it is surely true in some cases.

4 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Mimicking IRL LA is old news, we're Night City now. (unironically would prefer that tbh)

Please, YES. 

Things would be so much better if we just leaned into what matters - fun. Get rid of the RoE, and let people defend themselves. That'll solve the crime issue faster than a flight crew flying a plane full of angry bees.

4 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Mimicking IRL LA is old news, we're Night City now. (unironically would prefer that tbh)

I've said this a million times unironically: the way GTAW social dynamics work already make it perfect for a Cyberpunk setting as it is, if only we had an appropriate map mod. From ultraviolent criminal gangs and militarized cyborg police, to shallow socialites with expensive houses and literally nothing to live for but excess and to consume and look for fame and social media relevance of some kind.

In agreement to all consider GTAW part of the Cyberpunk 2077 universe?

• Applaud 3