Keep MAXIMUM ROBBERY LIMIT rule on.

Kappaurel

15 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

That's a pretty cheap cop out tbf, on paper it's perfectly sensible but in reality it's not gonna stop you getting a gun in your face if someone thinks you might have cash. It's still something players are gonna have to experience with increased frequency for a while after the rule change. It doesn't fix the root cause of the problem.

but that doesn't change shit lol. if u walk all in designer clothes around an inner city then you're asking to get robbed either way. there's just no point.

23 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

but that doesn't change shit lol. if u walk all in designer clothes around an inner city then you're asking to get robbed either way. there's just no point.

If you look like a hobo your still gonna get robbed. What you wear or look like, is not gonna change ooc greed or stop rushed robberies. Quit pretending like it's going to be anything else.

i disagree, if you cannot afford losing 45k worth of jewelry when you get robbed (I havent been robbed since maybe 2019) then your character is not wealthy enough to afford it in the first place.

it's about time you start caring about what valuables you got.

12 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

Yeah? Is it fair game to have $40,000 robbed in a single "HANDS!" after you turn a corner? Get robbed 45k in a 1 minute scene? Is that FAIR GAME?

I don't think so, no.

Yes, I think so. As you said yourself, you wasted your money in useless shit, to favor the community and help roleplay. That includes getting your shit ripped. That’s favoring the community and helping roleplay. It all comes full circle. Now, where did your character live again? 

2 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Yes, I think so. As you said yourself, you wasted your money in useless shit, to favor the community and help roleplay. That includes getting your shit ripped. That’s favoring the community and helping roleplay. It all comes full circle. Now, where did your character live again? 

Eclipse Towers

7 hours ago, orca112 said:

Just another product of the system. Just Like rampant robberies on truckers led to less active truckers and businesses struggling to receive supplies to open, you have the same around jewelry with less items bought and stores eventually struggling to get customers simply because it's not worth buying jewelry for it to be stolen within 3 days. My character only wears their jewelry to special occasions - basically driving to location X, partaking in the event and then headed right back home opposed to wearing it out in public.

The intentions for this suggestion are right, albeit the execution is where it lacks given the potential consequences of such rule change. What needs to change is a basic change in mentality of the individual players, specifically those that go out for asset grabs all day long. Unfortunately, we all know this will not happen so instead new rules are enacted, just to be bypassed within the first few days (r.e. /rob in groups, emptying cars instead of robbing truckers after trucking pay change, etc). Then you also have to find rules that work against crime grind without killing those that do put efforts into their roleplay along the way. The suggested cooldown on robberies would also just be another bandaid to the gaping wound.

I agree word by word.

• Red. locked this topic