Keep MAXIMUM ROBBERY LIMIT rule on.

Kappaurel

3 hours ago, zaXer. said:

i disagree, if you cannot afford losing 45k worth of jewelry when you get robbed (I havent been robbed since maybe 2019) then your character is not wealthy enough to afford it in the first place.

it's about time you start caring about what valuables you got.

3 hours ago, zaXer. said:

i disagree, if you cannot afford losing 45k worth of jewelry when you get robbed (I havent been robbed since maybe 2019) then your character is not wealthy enough to afford it in the first place.

it's about time you start caring about what valuables you got.

This would be accurate if robberies weren't a daily occurrence. There's a huge difference between being robbed of $50,000 and being robbed of $50,000 every few days.

This is especially true for civilians - if you're in a legal faction and spend all of your time at work, you're unlikely to get robbed (while patrolling as a cop or paramedic). If you're in a mob or gang, you're unlikely to get robbed if you spend your time with your peers.

If you're role-playing a civilian, though? It's a free for all. This is even truer the more active you are. And civilians are the ones who are the usual victims of robberies. 

5 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

This would be accurate if robberies weren't a daily occurrence. There's a huge difference between being robbed of $50,000 and being robbed of $50,000 every few days.

This is especially true for civilians - if you're in a legal faction and spend all of your time at work, you're unlikely to get robbed (while patrolling as a cop or paramedic). If you're in a mob or gang, you're unlikely to get robbed if you spend your time with your peers.

If you're role-playing a civilian, though? It's a free for all. This is even truer the more active you are. And civilians are the ones who are the usual victims of robberies. 

This.

I have replaced dozens of phones by now, just cause well, we have more criminals than other characters. I may be wrong, but how many phones robbers took from you irl?

IG I lost nearly a dozen phones by now.

42 minutes ago, Perstephone said:

Hate to he the one to point out the obvious here but... The robbery limit never applied to your items. Only your cash. You're arguing against something that hasn't changed. 

This. I don't know who was under the assumption that you didn't have to give a robber who demanded it your $25.000 Rolex.

A Rolex (or any other luxury accessory) is, essentially, an item meant to serve no purpose but to flaunt your wealth by walking around wearing thousands of dollars for other people to see. It literally is an item made to show people how much money you are willing to waste on a status symbol (or in the case of a gangbanger, how untouchable you think you are that you can walk through a poor area with thousands of dollars of gold on your neck).

3 hours ago, Engelbert said:

This.

I have replaced dozens of phones by now, just cause well, we have more criminals than other characters. I may be wrong, but how many phones robbers took from you irl?

IG I lost nearly a dozen phones by now.

Then you are not smart enough. I'm playing a civilian since 2019 and I got almost 5k hours on the server and I've been robbed only twice maybe.

5 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Then you are not smart enough. I'm playing a civilian since 2019 and I got almost 5k hours on the server and I've been robbed only twice maybe.

Or maybe they are smart, but trying to play realistic characters, not someone who is ICly aware of the OOC robbery meta.

1 minute ago, peasoup said:

Or maybe they are smart, but trying to play realistic characters, not someone who is ICly aware of the OOC robbery meta.

i dont know what you are talking about, dont interact in shady situations and generally be aware of your situation and you'll be good to go, how is this ooc robbery meta? IRL is the same, i dont put myself in a situation where im vulnerable to robbers...common sense, no?

4 hours ago, Mahitto said:

Not if you roll, in groups, with other civilians. How do people prevent themselves from getting robbed, in the real world? They roll in groups of six. They go to the mall, movies, clubs etc... in large groups. Make friends, like a civilian would, and form your own little group.

8 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Not if you roll, in groups, with other civilians. How do people prevent themselves from getting robbed, in the real world? They roll in groups of six. They go to the mall, movies, clubs etc... in large groups. Make friends, like a civilian would, and form your own little group.

Actually, I really enjoy it when civvies try to form groups for safety. Bring a few automatics, maybe a rifle, and you've got the necessary firepower to corral upwards of three times your own team size.

The best part is that you can tell them in no uncertain terms that if any single one of them makes a mistake, everyone dies. Makes them MUCH more cooperative when it's the lives of their friends that could be lost for their one accidental cough.

Plus, it multiplies the gains like crazy. A single group of four will usually have enough to pay off an AK, making the act pretty much self-sustaining.

And if they have guns themselves? Nothing an AK can't handle.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Red. locked this topic