[BLACK FRIDAY CHARITY EVENT] Introduce your favorite charity!

Nervous

Hello everyone,

If you haven't checked the thread about our event, check it out now on 

You'll find below the format to describe your favorite charity :

Name

Description of the charity's activities : [1 paragraph] 

Why should we choose this charity? [as long as needed]

Charity website :

Charity contact email : 

Remember that the charity must be based in European Union or have a subsidiary registered in it.

Edited by Nervous

Name : Mental Health Europe

Description of the charity's activities : Mental Health Europe’s main mission is to ensure mental health remains on the European agenda and that people living with mental ill health and psychosocial disabilities can actively participate in and contribute to society.

Why should we choose this charity? Mental health is something that most of us struggle with at some point in our lives, and having good support in place for when you need help is paramount. It can feel very lonely living with depression and anxiety, and just knowing that there are people out there who want to help you might be enough for action to be taken. I feel like this is close to at least my heart, and I'm sure many others here feel the same. We are here to let go of the anxiety and enjoy each other's company.

Charity website Mental Health Europe

Charity contact email [email protected]

• Upvote 11
  • Applaud 1

Name : Médecins du Monde (Doctors of the World)

Description of the charity's activities : their organization supports victims of crises and conflicts, promotes sexual and reproductive health risk reduction, and cares for migrant and displaced populations. Nearly 4 million people worldwide benefit from their crisis response and medical programs.

Why should we choose this charity? I've personally always be amazed by their work and courage to directly go into conflict areas, risking their lives and losing colleagues in war conflicts just save people they know nothing about. Their action with migrants in all European countries is also massive and they helped many of them to survive through the tough steps of having to completely change your life by fleeing in another country.

Charity website : https://doctorsoftheworld.org/

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1

Name: Pandas International
Description of the Charity's Activities: The org prioritizes on providing Giant Pandas with supplies and medical treatment within sanctuaries, as there are currently only 2,200 Giant Pandas within the world. The org also develops research towards resolving health-related issues within pandas, including research towards developing a healthy reproductive cycle for the species. Overall, prioritizes on the sheltering, research, and hospitality of the Giant Pandas before re-introducing them into the wild to diversify the species.
Why Should We Choose This Charity?: Pandas contribute towards the growth of Bamboo forests, as they only consume bamboo and scatter bamboo seeds throughout their habitat, allowing bamboo forests to flourish. Countless species, such as the Blue Sheep and Multi-Colored Pheasant, remain dependent on this animal for their survival, as many of these species reside within bamboo forests. Pandas are the main contributor towards allowing these forests to flourish. The org has a rating of "4.9 stars out of 5 stars", indicating that it's very reliable.
Charity's Website: Pandas International | Endangered means we have time….extinction is forever
Charity Contact E-Mail: [email protected]

3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Name: Pandas International
Description of the Charity's Activities: The org prioritizes on providing Giant Pandas with supplies and medical treatment within sanctuaries, as there are currently only 2,200 Giant Pandas within the world. The org also develops research towards resolving health-related issues within pandas, including research towards developing a healthy reproductive cycle for the species. Overall, prioritizes on the sheltering, research, and hospitality of the Giant Pandas before re-introducing them into the wild to diversify the species.
Why Should We Choose This Charity?: Pandas contribute towards the growth of Bamboo forests, as they only consume bamboo and scatter bamboo seeds throughout their habitat, allowing bamboo forests to flourish. Countless species, such as the Blue Sheep and Multi-Colored Pheasant, remain dependent on this animal for their survival, as many of these species reside within bamboo forests. Pandas are the main contributor towards allowing these forests to flourish. The org has a rating of "4.9 stars out of 5 stars", indicating that it's very reliable.
Charity's Website: Pandas International | Endangered means we have time….extinction is forever
Charity Contact E-Mail: [email protected]

Unfortunately this is US only 😞 

3 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Name Bob Woodruff Family Foundation

Description of the charity's activities 

This foundation also works with and funds smaller nonprofits throughout the country to cover different ways to support these individuals and their families. In addition to providing housing, legal services, food banks, and more, this veterans organization has programs that highlight fertility and other scientific issues affecting post-911 veterans.

Their Veterans In Vitro InitiAtive (VIVA) program funds the unreimbursed costs veterans are stuck with when dealing with infertility treatments. The Stand SMART for Heroes program partners with scientific organizations to provide scientific research findings to nonprofits across the country helping post-911 veterans, service members, and their families.

Why should we choose this charity? 
Self explanatory, give the website a read. 

Charity website : https://bobwoodrufffoundation.org

Charity contact email : Contact form on website

Same here, this is a US only charity organization.

Name : Ronald McDonald House Charities

Description of the charity's activities :

From their website:
"We believe when families are together, they cope better. We believe no family should have to deal with their child’s medical crisis alone.
The mission of RMHC is to create, find, and support programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children and their families."

Why should we choose this charity? This charity is very close to my heart. The Ronald McDonald House put my family up for months when my baby niece was dying and needed life-saving treatment out of state. They provided everything from a place to stay with home-cooked meals for when we arrived home from a long day in the hospital, to mental health professionals onsite to help us survive that difficult time. They do this and more for millions of families across the world, and it's all thanks to donations.

Charity website Our Impact (rmhc.org)

Charity contact email : [email protected]

Edited by Taina
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 8

Name: World Food Program

Description of the charity's activities:

The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.

Why should we choose this charity? World hunger is faced by many people, especially in war torn areas. I think the merits of this charity are that it's incredibly credible due to organised nature of it. I think it's needed now more than ever, and so far they've helped 115M people across 84 countries. On any given day, WFP has 5,600 trucks, 30 ships and nearly 100 planes on the move, delivering food and other assistance to those in most need. I think this is a topic that can impact anyone as hunger isn't an isolated issue to one region/area - it could be due to poverty/war so it's definitely a very broad issue.

Charity website: https://www.wfp.org/

Charity contact email: https://www.wfp.org/contact

• Upvote 3

Name European Association for Cancer Research

Description of the charity's activities : The EACR is a professional membership association and global community for those working and studying in cancer research, with more than 10,000 members worldwide. Our mission is “The advancement of cancer research for the public benefit: from basic research to prevention, treatment and care.” 

Why should we choose this charity? Had a lot of friends succumb to cancer in my life. Major breakthroughs have been made in recent years, and I firmly believe funding the science that goes into researching and understanding this disease and it's ability to lead to more efficient / effective treatment. 

Charity website : https://www.eacr.org/

Charity contact email : [email protected] (EACR Communications and Marketing Manager) 

Remember that the charity must be based in European Union or have a subsidiary registered in it.

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 2
  • Nervous unpinned this topic
  • Giga locked this topic