Amend IG-R 12) Crime-free Areas

35 minutes ago, Jura said:

Firstly you need to calm down, secondly I used to patrol that exact beach as a lifeguard so I’m not being biased as it seems you’re trying to paint me that way with the ending comment.

this isn’t real life and there needs to be balance in the server to make it fair for all parties. You apply this rule to the beach it’ll be asked for other populated areas therefore near enough limiting robbing roleplay to very few areas which will turn into hot zones for cops to sit and guard making it unfair.

if you have such a issue with the current rules regarding players not needing to rp invisible people then I suggest you take that anger out on the people that made those decisions 

I wholeheartedly agree, there needs to be BALANCE for all parties, but what you're saying is only fair to one side. Just to reiterate, I'm not asking for the beach to be a crime free area or populated areas to be free from crime. Just that crime scales appropriately according to the area or situation, not necessarily because a rando thug sees someone alone in an area noone would realistically consider holding someone up for several minutes to strip search them for belongings because hurrrr there's noone there scriptwise.  That to me, is extremely poor roleplay and every attempt should be made to discourage it.

In an ideal world, NPC's would be enabled but toned down quite a lot, imo this would solve so many problems with regards to the unrealistic population and would actually encourage creative roleplay which is what we all want but I doubt that's going to happen.

13 hours ago, Shepherd said:

This sentences makes me laugh, not gonna lie. I'll just get a duffle bag with an AR-15 and kill the robbers. And the idea of coercing someone to avoid the beach just because it's not populated with players script-wise and you're a target leaves me with a bad taste. 

You know, in the real world, people generally walk in large groups to avoid getting robbed. Experiment with that. 

Robberies wouldn't be an issue if every one decided to RP outside. This is why robberies rarely happen at special events.

600 people on the server, at a time, and the streets feel like a ghost-town because everybody is inside on a hot sunny day in Los Santos.

Edited by DLimit

I disagree it should be a crime-free zone (at any time) because Venice Beach isn't a nice area at all. There's a lot of homeless people camping, drug addicts shooting dope, fist fights, assaults and beatdowns, knife stabbings, car break ins, petty crime, etc.

Two guys in ski masks aiming guns at your head on the boardwalk outside a smoothie bar might be a bit extreme but I find it an act acceptable enough to simulate a not-so-safe area with.

2 hours ago, DLimit said:

600 people on the server, at a time, and the streets feel like a ghost-town because everybody is inside on a hot sunny day in Los Santos.

My point exactly, a sprawling metropolis like LS with few visible people on streets and boardwalks that should be brimming with life with people going about their business. It's honestly difficult to fathom as being remotely realistic. To be fair though, would you want to go outside and roam around a city with the highest homicide rates in America?  Where you could catch a gun to the face just because you dress nice? Or where you could catch a stray bullet and end up dead, just going to get a coffee or end up stabbed at a club because you rejected unwanted advances? I sure wouldn't. 

You could even argue that it's direct consequences for so many random robberies and insane levels of violent crime. People are afraid of notorious robberies or getting shot for simply associating with someone and potentially loosing their characters. In that sense, it kinda is realistic but it also isn't. Martial law would be declared and the city would be locked down to newcomers if it was irl. On the other side of the coin, there's no deterrent for doing these sorts of crimes constantly. Whether there's reason for them or not isn't all that relevant. There definitely needs to be more deterrent for serious crimes, like robberies and murder 'cos victims are expected to shut up and take the L in public places multiple times per day (rarely getting their items back), but all the perps loose is a few hours at most if the rare few don't NC out of jail.  How is that fair and balanced?

Edited by Moonsong
5 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

My point exactly, a sprawling metropolis like LS with few visible people on streets and boardwalks that should be brimming with life with people going about their business. It's honestly difficult to fathom as being remotely realistic. To be fair though, would you want to go outside and roam around a city with the highest homicide rates in America?  Where you could catch a gun to the face just because you dress nice? Or where you could catch a stray bullet and end up dead, just going to get a coffee or end up stabbed at a club because you rejected unwanted advances? I sure wouldn't. 

You could even argue that it's direct consequences for so many random robberies and insane levels of violent crime. People are afraid of notorious robberies or getting shot for simply associating with someone and potentially loosing their characters. In that sense, it kinda is realistic but it also isn't. Martial law would be declared and the city would be locked down to newcomers if it was irl. On the other side of the coin, there's no deterrent for doing these sorts of crimes constantly. Whether there's reason for them or not isn't all that relevant. There definitely needs to be more deterrent for serious crimes, like robberies and murder 'cos victims are expected to shut up and take the L in public places multiple times per day (rarely getting their items back), but all the perps loose is a few hours at most if the rare few don't NC out of jail.  How is that fair and balanced?

Issue is, refusing to travel outside, for that reason, will only empower robbers. Instead, they should gather and groups and form communities. A group of 4 robbers aren't going to rob a spot with 10 witnesses present. Easily possible with 600 members online within this server.

Edited by DLimit
15 hours ago, Moonsong said:

I personally, don't think a beach should be crime free, creative and engaging roleplay should always be encouraged. But a city the size of LS wouldn't have a maximum visible population of 800 people, it's insane to even think about yet apparently IFM have declared exactly that. With that same logic, are we supposed to roleplay things like the fact there's no real transport infrastructure; trains, routine busses or planes just because we don't see them? That there are entire business sectors completely missing from the economy just because they would serve no useful purpose in a game, or are not feasible to implement? No, of course not. That would be silly and ruin immersion but yet in a city the size of LS we're expected to believe that areas which in real life, would be bustling actually are empty if there aren't any players there. What if there's only 80 people online? Or is an entire city capable of supporting millions of people just 'asleep' even at mid day? There's so many holes in this logic.  I really don't think this decision by IFM has been thought through properly.

Sure I realize I'm probably stretching it a bit as nobody is really going to dwell that much on it but it doesn't make it any less true.

I support this comment!

1 minute ago, DLimit said:

Issue is, refusing to travel outside, for that reason, will only empower robbers. Instead, they should gather and groups and form communities. A group of 4 robbers aren't going to rob a spot with 10 witnesses present.

You'd be surprised 😆 It's only going to lead to diminishing returns though, especially with the upcoming economy update people are going to be carrying less items and it's not gonna be worth holding someone up at gunpoint to find nothing on them 8/10 times.

20 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

I'm sorry what 

How could it not be anymore clear? People walk, outside, in groups to avoid being robbed, kidnapped, raped etc... they call it "traveling in groups". It's safer and secure than traveling in pairs.

Group of four people, max, attempting to rob an area populated with 10 people? Not the greatest move.

Edited by DLimit
59 minutes ago, DLimit said:

How could it not be anymore clear? People walk, outside, in groups to avoid being robbed, kidnapped, raped etc... they call it "traveling in groups". It's safer and secure than traveling in pairs.

Group of four people, max, attempting to rob an area populated with 10 people? Not the greatest move.

You could be out with a group of people and still get block-wiped. It happens all the time IG. Come on dude, let's be sensible here. You're actually suggesting that players find large groups of people, just to be able to roleplay outside in peace. It's just not feasible for those who aren't in a large faction, or for new players. You have to remember that this is a game and you shouldn't have to huddle in groups just to get from a to b. If players have to resort to that to feel safe outdoors, that's a little on the extreme side.