Amend Property Selling Rules

Jura

3 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

Stand alone houses no longer appear on the map. Only Apartments.

I stand corrected. Still a look through the properties forum yields similar results and my points still stand. People don't sell houses because they simply trade them between each other since that is somehow still allowed. When they do sell them, they go for well over what they are worth because of the low supply. The free market only serves to damage the overall market. It will never be the right idea. It won't work on an RP server.

Edited by 99
On 11/1/2021 at 9:53 AM, fivexfiver said:

From personal observation the only thing this 6 month rule has done is encourage inactive players do to bare min on that char to keep there house until they can flip it for a massive payload that only other characters who have that much money can buy. Existing players who already had their properties that long suddenly had the ability to charge ridiculous amounts that didn't necessarily go back into the economy if they put it towards a housing request instead. 

My suggestion:

Add a price cap for the different areas to reflect the income levels properly for example. 

2x MP + furn cost + area value = total cap. 

Though I thought this is was built into the MP already. 

Yes, some ppl might get screwed because it might be lower than what they paid but maybe PM could give them the difference to make up for the rule change since some of the money going into housing requests will disappear from the I game economy since resale of those houses isn't an option. 

I still think no matter what happens they need to rebalance the housing and that might mean PM reimbursing some people who will never make back what they paid for it. 

1 hour ago, 99 said:

Except they are already being hoarded. A quick look through the properties forum will show you people are looking to buy standalone properties but hardly any are available unless you want to pay well over what it's worth. No unique properties in Sandy Shores. No unique properties in Paleto Bay. We're already there with a shortage of unique properties, hence why properties are going for multi-millions of dollars when they have no business costing that much. Free market is not a lesser evil. It never will be. You can't have a free market on an RP server. A static cap on prices would have 100% worked if it had been implemented from the very beginning, before people paid more than what the cap makes them worth.

They go for that much because there's a huge demand for them. The price is set by how much someone's willing to pay for it - a $40,000,000 mansions might as well be a $60,000,000 if that's what people view it as. In our case, since GTA World players aren't necessarily looking for luxury but rather properties to fit their characters, we'll obviously see very "unrealistic" prices on properties that would otherwise have little to no interest, like houses in the ghetto or single old rusty trailers on top of the mountain.

If you are willing to pay the right price, though, you'll be able to get a property. If a cap were to be introduced, you'd have 0 way of getting your hands on that specific property. A small chance is infinitely higher and better than literal zero.

We're not planning to amend these rules, it brought the market back alive, also thanks to all the inactivity changes. We'll get a bigger overview of all the impacts of our recent changes in 3-4 months, but before that we are not planning on changing anything, and we for sure won't re-kill the market again.