How do you feel about the update this week?

ZaE

10 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Because it's been a genuine issue for months now & if you cant see that then I honestly dont know what to tell you. Gang RP has evolved into a giant DM fest lately & there's no denying it.

If you don't actively roleplay a Davis gangbanger or around EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM (which nobody does) you cannot generalize that every body doing Gang RP is in a giant DM fest, you can only speak on your own experiences, not generalize everybody who gang roleplays in your own fantasy of a belief, there are bad gang rpers just like there are bad legal roleplayers, but you cannot generalize all of them into one category of "trash", even if I have put down my hat as a gang rper and moved on to @Dizaster's faction, that doesn't mean I hate gang roleplay, there are plenty of good factions out there like @Wavy's, @Gypsy's, and @Quackhead's until he decided to move on. 

This entire shitting on Gang RP trend is getting fucking stupid, there are bad roleplayers there for sure but adding RPG like restrictions and going to the forums everytime you're mad at a specific faction to whine about how Gang RP is this that and the third will not get rid of the problem, which is unexperienced gang roleplayers.

Most of these roleplayers that you see doing the noob shit don't last in said faction long, take for example @RoyalPainter, my homie.

He was on some noob shit when he first joined his first few factions and still suffers from the noob shit he did, even though he has improved, he was banned from every single sureno faction not to long ago and if it wasn't for his improvement in gang RP and people giving him a little push, he'd still be banned from every sureno faction. (Rancho Leadership also plays a role because they allowed him back.).

Gang RP's leadership figures need to stop allowing noobs in their factions and be more strict, or admins / IFM need to crack down on noobs in the Gang RP scene and stop giving them so many fucking warnings before they are banned from rping a concept / character.

Now with that said, if you wanna make a thread on how bad Gang RPis go do that and we can continue this discussion, I don't want this thread derailed into us arguing over fucking Gang RP, this is a cool little discussion to give people a platform to speak on how they feel about the update, their concerns, their excitements and etc.

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Foots said:

I honestly think the gun update wont have much of an effect, Nervous said guns dont get damaged until the 3000th shot... I really doubt most guns last that long until someone dies with it or it gets picked up by LSPD/LSSD.

Yeah, I re-read the update when I got home an hour ago and my concerns actually dropped, it doesn't look half bad besides the recoil thing.

4 minutes ago, Foots said:

I honestly think the gun update wont have much of an effect, Nervous said guns dont get damaged until the 3000th shot... I really doubt most guns last that long until someone dies with it or it gets picked up by LSPD/LSSD.

Agreed, and I think it will be adjusted as needed with our feedback. It’ll take some getting used to for the most part but I think it’s a unique idea to help improve and create more roleplay. 

10 minutes ago, ZaE said:

Yeah, I re-read the update when I got home an hour ago and my concerns actually dropped, it doesn't look half bad besides the recoil thing.

Indeed. The flaw in the recoil system (if basing it off age) is not taking into account the experience and/or backstory of the character. An adult who has never shot a gun before is going to be just as bad as some 14-15 year old kid who has never shot a gun before. I took my brother shooting and he was 22 years old, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn because he had never shot a gun. Just because he's an adult doesn't mean he's going to magically be able to control the recoil of the weapon any easier. Sure you can make the argument of physical strength coming into play, but that's not as big of a concern in this instance in my opinion.

Edited by 99
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, 99 said:

Indeed. The flaw in the recoil system (if basing it off age) is not taking into account the experience and/or backstory of the character. An adult who has never shot a gun before is going to be just as bad as some 14-15 year old kid who has never shot a gun before. I took my brother shooting and he was 22 years old, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn because he had never shot a gun. Just because he's an adult doesn't mean he's going to magically be able to control the recoil of the weapon any easier. Sure you can make the argument of physical strength coming into play, but that's not as big of a concern in this instance in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

The bones of the recoil system are fine, though I feel that adjusting recoil based upon character age is a tad silly. I despise those pesky underaged gangbangers as much as your next roleplayer, but that addition feels far to RPG, opposed to feeling like a nuanced roleplay server

Nah, I don't think it's RPG. It's going to give a better PVP experience.

8 minutes ago, TommyX said:

Nah, I don't think it's RPG. It's going to give a better PVP experience.

Scene #1

Person: *Shoots guy*
Other person: *gun jams*

Person: *auto wins*

Scene #2

Gangbanger: *shoots at 30 year old man threatening him 1 inch away*

Gangbanger: *suffers from the RPG recoil*

30 y/o man: *guns the gangbanger down because he's 30 years old, so he must be a better shooter*

This wasn't meant to be sarcastic/toxic, this is just me showing how I think this shit is going to go.

Edited by ZaE
9 hours ago, Dunc said:

People really hate gang rp huh.

I only hate e-bangers, which is like 99% gang rpers here.

But then I also hate people hiding behind "Be realistic" while npcing a gsw wound and gangbanging again 60 mins later.

Yet again, devs gave us something nice to play with and people complain, cause it does what exactly? Hinders your roleplay? No it enhances it.

Cops pretty much have techs and quartermasters for gun maintenance, gangs don't have that. So ofc PD has an option to npc gun maintenance.

You seriously expect every cop taking care of their gun daily? Their guns do not even leave the station when they are off duty, they are state issued guns.

Also every gun has recoil, you are literally taught how to shoot properly in any shooting range. But then just simple daily maintenance like cleaning, helps alot to prevent jamming.

As far as I know for the gun maintenance side of the update, it won't be implemented for LEOs because of how the script works for them to get their guns which is sort of counter intuitive because it's not criminals often using the same guns (definitely not enough to reach the 3000 bullet threshold to start needing repairs). Most guns would end up lost or taken by police far before they reach that point so I see this number being drastically reduced to not make the update pointless.

The recoil on underage characters is a pretty funny "IC" fix to the OOC problem of little kids running around and starting shit where they shouldn't be. I personally don't like the existence of child chars at all and think they should be removed. Gangbanging definitely isn't a child only thing even though that's the age most people are inducted and exposed to the gang lifestyle, it's a roleplay server and it's fantasy for the most part, doesn't have to follow the real world 1:1 and shouldn't try to, due to the numerous people breaking rule 19 and shit? People obviously can't be trusted to RP children.

Glad the criminal points have decay on them, only long term criminal rpers were really effected by this while other bad RPers would simply eat all their charges and name change into another character to do it all over again.

The money update's great, I love that it's an item and there won't be any rob limit. However I do hope the bank account thing isn't too confusing, and I also hope there's no implementation of any IRS faction, because it just simply wouldn't work on the server. (I could say my business made 100k in one night and nobody would be able to prove otherwise because there's no records, and I sure as hell am not gonna start keeping a spreadsheet for a RP server business)