How do you feel about the update this week?

ZaE

7 minutes ago, TinyPotato said:

careful with those accusations lol,

the update itself says there's an initial grace period where the kits are widely available so nobody gets screwed

from there its (as of this moment) intended to become a reduced supply via gunsmiths/w.e u wanna call them

but none of that addresses that actual content of my post, you silly bean

which is what good RP does this create?

cleaning my guns irl is boring af and i do it like once every 3 years unless i shoot something corrosive lol

This is yet and again, wrong.

The cleaning kit always stays the same.

It's the repair thing that's gonna change when the job doing it is going to get released.

Cleaning/Repairing are two different things...

I'm not accusing you, but it looks clear to me you haven't read the content properly everytime you post in here now.

12 minutes ago, Peter Muskrat said:

I think it’s just another update that heavily favors legal/LEO role players, now I know this comment is gonna get deleted and I’m probably gonna get banned but come on, really? I get that the current status quo is wanting gta world to be as close to second life as possible but can we have at least one good update for illegal roleplayers? 

ur not in character

12 minutes ago, kristofer said:

Weapon jamming and malfunctioning needs to be a thing for legal factions, everything else seems good.

Any LEO faction would have a quartermaster to preform repairs and cleaning of firearms. These are both played by actual players and NPC'd. Pretty sure any law enforcement organization anywhere has some pretty harsh standards on keeping their officers weapons clean and in working order.

33 minutes ago, cryybabyycryy said:

Any LEO faction would have a quartermaster to preform repairs and cleaning of firearms. These are both played by actual players and NPC'd. 

Shouldn't be NPC'd, if there aren't any quartermasters on the spot and working, officers have the ability to clean their firearms themselves. As do most departments in the US I'd imagine. This is a "heavy text based roleplay" server afterall and we shouldn't go to NPC'ing everything.

41 minutes ago, kristofer said:

Shouldn't be NPC'd, if there aren't any quartermasters on the spot and working, officers have the ability to clean their firearms themselves. As do most departments in the US I'd imagine. This is a "heavy text based roleplay" server afterall and we shouldn't go to NPC'ing everything.

Ah yes, 

Realism, Heavy RP.. 

So okay, that argument can be brought over to Medics, gas station attendants, store clerks, car sales people, and hospital staff. Cause if we cannot force someone to log into RP a position they do not enjoy, for hours on end of their day, regardless if the IRL employment, family and or school status.. Why are we allowing it?

...Or we just talkin bout cops?

Edited by cryybabyycryy
  • Upvote 2

I have a number of concerns.

The bones of the recoil system are fine, though I feel that adjusting recoil based upon character age is a tad silly. I despise those pesky underaged gangbangers as much as your next roleplayer, but that addition feels far to RPG, opposed to feeling like a nuanced roleplay server. For one, it ignores a number of factors that contribute to a weapon's recoil which is a little too complicated to get into right now. Secondly, it opens up a lot of concerning possibilities: Will police have less recoil than your average player simply because "They undergo ballistics training"? Will the health and damage values of punches and melee weapons be adjusted based upon a character's age, height, or weight? I've heard people talking about people "balancing" female characters.This change opens up a door of uncomfortable possibilities that feel contribute less to a creative roleplay server, and a lot more to creating RPG class distinctions.

If I'm honest, I don't think that’ll do much to tackle the problem of poor portrayal, it will just create a brand new meta for people to exploit. This is a roleplay server where people will play whatever character they desire and there's not much anyone can do to stop them. If someone chooses to be a 6'5 bodybuilder with biceps the size of basketballs, then that's the character they're playing. All those gangbangers will probably start aging their characters up as soon as the update is live.

I'd also like to add that weapons "jamming" is more complex than the system illudes to. AK's are famously reliable due to the clearance between the parts of their firing mechanism. Will an AK be less likely to jam than your average handgun? Hell, if my character is using a revolver, will the chances of that weapon jamming be the same as every other firearm? We've done field tests on Glock 19's and found that they're relatively unlikely to jam, but even when they do, they're usually able to be cleared in under a second. This brings up my next point: Will the player be able to clear their weapon when it jams, and if so, how does that work?