Would like to see more radical political roleplay

kronosa

Admins will not allow it to happen as the paying playerbase like to treat GTAW like an IMVU/Second Life hugbox - you can even find people in this thread saying that they don't want to deal with it. These are the same people that will cry that their valuables get taken during a robbery or that they have to RP an injury.

I would love to see people put up an opposition to my char and gang from a POLITICAL standpoint. A SHARP/Antifa group of people that we could have some interactions with, but like I said, people don't want to see meanies in their hugbox. Truth be told, people generally don't know how to properly interpret political standpoints such as White Nationalism or Communism without adopting a strawman 'evil plot' position they're used to.

On 11/16/2021 at 7:20 AM, MRL_KRX said:

Admins will not allow it to happen as the paying playerbase like to treat GTAW like an IMVU/Second Life hugbox - you can even find people in this thread saying that they don't want to deal with it. These are the same people that will cry that their valuables get taken during a robbery or that they have to RP an injury.

I would love to see people put up an opposition to my char and gang from a POLITICAL standpoint. A SHARP/Antifa group of people that we could have some interactions with, but like I said, people don't want to see meanies in their hugbox. Truth be told, people generally don't know how to properly interpret political standpoints such as White Nationalism or Communism without adopting a strawman 'evil plot' position they're used to.

You aren't lying. Sad for the people like OP who want to do something a little unique here and not under the realm of being a suburban botox queen/club goer or a e-rp, cannot do that because it might offend someone on a video game rated M for Mature anyways. 

On 11/16/2021 at 12:20 PM, MRL_KRX said:

Truth be told, people generally don't know how to properly interpret political standpoints such as White Nationalism or Communism without adopting a strawman 'evil plot' position they're used to.

I'm sure there's people who oppose this out of the hugbox mentality you mention, but I personally oppose it through what you cite as your final sentence, and I was RPing a grassroots political activist for the better part of eight months here (and for many years IRL).

This problem isn't just of perception, it's of portrayal. Radical political groups are complex and their political identities are a mix of a lot of complex factors:

For every nuanced tankie, Antifa or white nationalist you're going to have a troop of people playing the lowest common denominator of those ideas and devolving into the usual heightened violence GTAW is used to, or simply misinterpreting the groups entirely (Antifa wouldn't be much of an issue because in America Antifa is mostly a hodge-podge of ideas and it doesn't have the same tradition it has in Europe).

• Upvote 2

On LSRP for a while me and a buddy roleplayed Black Islamic Nationalist. Think Nation of Islam in the United States, Malcom X style. It was some fun roleplay people didn't take us too seriously as first. We use to post up on corners with suites in IC black neighborhoods recruiting like how would they would do IRL they use to recruit in prisons and the hood. I think the issue is you can expect people to roleplay this characters responsibly.

A perfect example were these First Amendment auditors. If you don't know what that its people that go into public areas, Government building and record to test their ability to exercise the first amendment rights uninterrupted. Wouldn't consider them radical but definitely political roleplay. When they started off I found them interesting they first caught my attention when they were arrested for trying to go into a Police graduation ceremony with Cameras. But then it devolved to them just going mask onto private property essentially baiting legal roleplayers into pulling out guns on them and getting them arrested. For example there was a business owner who saw two masked people with objects in their hand approaching them, obviously you first instinct is Im about to be robbed I'm going to take out my weapon. They would record you doing this some how the police get called and now what was a legal character that had no intention of ever committing a crime is being charged with a gun felony.

1 hour ago, Power said:

On LSRP for a while me and a buddy roleplayed Black Islamic Nationalist. Think Nation of Islam in the United States, Malcom X style. It was some fun roleplay people didn't take us too seriously as first. We use to post up on corners with suites in IC black neighborhoods recruiting like how would they would do IRL they use to recruit in prisons and the hood. I think the issue is you can expect people to roleplay this characters responsibly.

A perfect example were these First Amendment auditors. If you don't know what that its people that go into public areas, Government building and record to test their ability to exercise the first amendment rights uninterrupted. Wouldn't consider them radical but definitely political roleplay. When they started off I found them interesting they first caught my attention when they were arrested for trying to go into a Police graduation ceremony with Cameras. But then it devolved to them just going mask onto private property essentially baiting legal roleplayers into pulling out guns on them and getting them arrested. For example there was a business owner who saw two masked people with objects in their hand approaching them, obviously you first instinct is Im about to be robbed I'm going to take out my weapon. They would record you doing this some how the police get called and now what was a legal character that had no intention of ever committing a crime is being charged with a gun felony.

dont pull guns on people with cameras then lol

22 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

correction

pull it

don't aim it

it's not a felony if it's on your own private property and you're holding a gun

or a misdemeanor at that

Spoiler

loophole

though it's not a crime to aim it either

step 1: pull gun

step 2: "GET OFF MY PROPERTY NOW"
step 3: aim after 5 seconds 'n they havent left

Edited by BjornV
3 hours ago, Zach.. said:

Come on man. This is GTA World. People see two masked people approaching them on their property their instincts are that its a robbery. And still doesn't stop them from being charged or arrested by PD if they misunderstood SHAFT or gun laws.

• Wuhtah locked this topic