Would like to see more radical political roleplay

kronosa

I don't think there's any room or purpose for radical politics. But I'd like to see more woke/anti-racist characters on the wave of BLM/ACAB/Abolish ICE/Stolen Land etc to balance out the casually racist characters.

I'd also like to see more punk characters tied to groups and the music scene instead of random crusties/antifas/sharps roaming around. Gangs/crews like Unity 21; Hollywood LADS/Hollywood Rat Patrol/Hollywood Dogs revivals; East Side Punks and East LA inspired groups; Venice Suicidals; or groups like the Pyrate Punx; etc. to balance out the racists in the music scene.

27 minutes ago, Gecko said:

I don't think there's any room or purpose for radical politics. But I'd like to see more woke/anti-racist characters on the wave of BLM/ACAB/Abolish ICE/Stolen Land etc to balance out the casually racist characters.

I'd also like to see more punk characters tied to groups and the music scene instead of random crusties/antifas/sharps roaming around. Gangs/crews like Unity 21; Hollywood LADS/Hollywood Rat Patrol/Hollywood Dogs revivals; East Side Punks and East LA inspired groups; Venice Suicidals; or groups like the Pyrate Punx; etc. to balance out the racists in the music scene.

You'd need more accurate, independent and fairly portrayed white power groups/factions before even considering adding SHARP and other niche antifa-esque movements to combat them, if you currently tried to open a SHARP faction and gatecrash Nazi shows in GTAW you'd be quickly dogpiled and killed by every white power faction on the server because they're all coincidentally connected and all hardcore criminals. The only way for a faction like SHARP to exist on the server at the moment would be an OOC agreement to never escalate to guns, it's either that or match the firepower but at that point you're not punks fighting over race and just another boring criminal faction with a slightly different lick of paint. 

• Applaud 1
30 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

You'd need more accurate, independent and fairly portrayed white power groups/factions before even considering adding SHARP and other niche antifa-esque movements to combat them, if you currently tried to open a SHARP faction and gatecrash Nazi shows in GTAW you'd be quickly dogpiled and killed by every white power faction on the server because they're all coincidentally connected and all hardcore criminals. The only way for a faction like SHARP to exist on the server at the moment would be an OOC agreement to never escalate to guns, it's either that or match the firepower but at that point you're not punks fighting over race and just another boring criminal faction with a slightly different lick of paint. 

I wouldn't say you need a SHARP faction but more like mixed-race crews/gangs like the ones I listed (Unity is the only one I'd say is kinda SHARP), so that way they can function as factions aside from one agenda, be a bigger part in shows, and even do crime stuff. They wouldn't necessarily fight-on-sight white power skins, but instead add depth to the music scene so the only ones supporting it in an organized way aren't the white power gangs cause IRL they're a tiny minority in the punk scene in SoCal. Then through that you can naturally progress to have some more progressive characters, anarchists, left-wingers, etc.

And yeah, it'd be fun to have rival crews at shows get into it sometimes in a controlled way.

Edited by Gecko
  • Upvote 1

The fact this sort of devolved into semantics about skinheads is why I think this is a bit of a pipe dream. It /would/ be a great addition if everyone engaged with it rationally and not at all to play out some memelord understanding of what they're role playing.

But it likely won't to the majority of the player base, /especially/ new or inexperienced players who might gravitate to the extremes just for keks.

I back what Anders said. Have your /current/ character have political positions and beliefs in line with their culture, social circumstances, plausibility etc. It adds more dimension to your current character as a citizen of, or immigrant to, San Andreas and the United States. Even people with /zero/ understanding of politics have strong political views. This, I think, would be the best place to start.

Edited by SunFun
I can spellz no yes
9 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

yeah nah I already deal with that shit in my everyday existence in the US. I really don’t want to be pelted by pickup truck convoys armed with the latest in paintball technology both ingame and in real life

also red hats are not controversial ingame I’d rather not change that 

let’s try to keep the bare minimum of escapism

unless the political extremism is like, droughts and the water crisis. Or about farmers. Anything than what’s currently front and center irl.

Roleplayer says certain topic he’s uncomfortable with shouldn’t be roleplayed because this is a second life to him and he’s trying to escape

Edited by Peter Muskrat
1 hour ago, Peter Muskrat said:

Roleplayer says certain topic he’s uncomfortable with shouldn’t be roleplayed because this is a second life to him and he’s trying to escape

I'm not uncomfortable with it, I think it'd be a clusterfuck because that shits so fresh it'd devolve into OOC drama faster than a thread about gang roleplay. radical political roleplay isn't roleplay, it's a proxy fight for peoples real beliefs to be done ingame, or it devolves into straight trolling, it would not be fun.

not sure what your point was buddy but ok

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Wuhtah locked this topic