GTAW 2.6 : Weapons revamp, Economy update deployment, Illegals' improvements & pets update

Nervous

32 minutes ago, Nervous said:

We've developed a custom recoil script that is dynamic based on the weapon you use, your character's age (if you are 14 years old you'll obviously have way more recoil than an adult), and based on your weapon's durability.

Davis gangbangers punching the air rn i love it

1 minute ago, Nervous said:

LEO weapons are very special to avoid abuses, it will take a lot of work to turn them into items that cannot be abused and it's not planned to be included in that update for now. Their budget sheets will have to include weapons repairs / cleaning etc. but their weapons, while they can still jam, will always be considered clean & in good durability for now. Realistically speaking the LAPD isn't using 30 years old AK47 from Russia and is storing weapons in secure places, regularly buying new ones / getting military grade equipment. I don't see myself spending a month long of development to revamp everything related to "virtual" LEO weapons just for this.

OK. Weapon malfunctions and failures aren't usually attributed to weapon age, but moreso quality of the ammo and are extremely circumstantial/situational which is why I'm not a fan of this system. Elements such as this are difficult to portray on video games, let alone script it into a game mod. 

Be it as it may, I understand that legal factions don't get item weapons and have scriptwise weapons for those exact reasons (to circumvent abuse), it should at least be mandated that factions actually put aside time to roleplay this if it is expected of normal players to do the same.

• Upvote 9
  • Applaud 1