Prevent robbing of priceless items.

KaythPlus

It's a conscious decision to walk around with these items. The rule would only be boring to enforce and lead to a crappier roleplay experience for most people. Illegal roleplayers already have enough issues to worry about, nevermind more of their bread and butter crime being restricted OOC. 

23 hours ago, GambloTwitch said:

Not supporting this. The items are on your character, they can be stolen. I've been robbed IRL and they took something really personal for no reason at all, and I was very sad about that because there was no reason for them to take it. I didn't call IRL admins for it, I just handled it in life. It's IC.

This is the issue with the mentality of some criminals on World. We wont talk about how insane it is that all day every day multiple people in the same city, in the same area are dying. Not at some realistically high crime-rate, but at an unrealistic pace. Mass Casuality Incidents happening upwards of multiple times a day from just a small region.

The fact criminals need such continuity to make up for the crime rate yet we decide to pull the realism card when non-criminals attempt to give the sheer suggestion that their priceless items can't be stolen upwards of 5+ times a month is a little silly. It's genuinely upsetting you went through that in real life, and I'm sorry to hear it. Though it isn't comparable to the rate of crime we see on a game server.

At the end of the day this is the only idea I could think of to solve the issue. If people have other ideas, go ahead. But if you think its fair on players to be completely unable to own any long-term items, which in real life is totally the norm for the vast majority of people then I genuinely think bias is at play in that judgement. And I'm not talking about items you shove in a car then despawn it and never spawn it again.

Edited by KaythPlus

I've been playing 3 years + and never been robbed once, when I go out I make damn sure I don't carry anything I care about loosing. Of course like I said in another thread just because i've not experienced something myself doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There are absolutely too many shitty robberies (and I'm all for restricting those even further) on the server and yeah, they can take items most robbers irl wouldn't want to touch. But at the same time it doesn't mean they're necessarily wrong to take it, if you go out with any item be prepared to loose it. 

As others have suggested, if they really had no reason to take something sentimental and you think they're just being cunts make an RPQ report, or regular report if it's bad enough. You've been offered numerous options as to how you can approach or avoid these situations but none of them seem good enough and honestly I find that kind of mentality pretty concerning, considering we're playing a game that revolves around criminal and legal roleplay. Play a few hours of Tarkov, and you won't care so much about loosing shit to people who most of the time, you can't even see lol.

I'm not opposed to being robbed but honestly, I'm tired of seeing some robbers roam around like an actual locust swarm, taking everything they come across. I can't support this nonetheless because it's an IC issue, but I do agree, the level of crime gets annoying because it really just changes normal human behaviours you'd have because you know for a fact people will kill you in cold blood over taking too long to hand over the Naruto keychain in your pocket that's worth like $100 and you got as a funny joke from a friend or w/e, and that a pawn shop will not find interesting at all (other than potentially to sell back to the original owner for pennies because they're literally the only person in the server that cares about this item)

Even then, the kind of people to steal these pointless items also are the kind to kidnap you after the robbery, beat you up and abandon you in the middle of the county.

Ultimately, you can't have nice things you're not willing to lose if you're going to roam the streets. If you do, you know what you're exposing yourself to. People who carry around 20K Rolex watch items do it willingly, in many cases it's a way to look tough with that "Look how much money I'm wearing that's not being taken", and it's another story element. If you're wearing your grandma's ancient necklace, well maybe have your character realize that it has to stay at home because of her actual real experiences in the city re: crime.

Yeah no. 

Nothings off limits is an actual robbery. Why should it be off limits on the server? Because you don't understand why they want to take it? It doesn't matter why they want to take. If they rob you and take your bubblegum, who cares? If I was getting robbed I wouldn't exactly be thinking "ugh, why are you taking my bubblegum! It doesn't even hold any value!". Your mad because you got robbed and lost all your items and so your suggesting a rule that would make it easier to just move on from a robbery like nothing happened. Don't really have to RP losing much if your characters primary items are off limits. You can dress this suggestion however you like but ultimately that's exactly what it boils down to.

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Koko said:

Even then, the kind of people to steal these pointless items also are the kind to kidnap you after the robbery, beat you up and abandon you in the middle of the county.

That's actually against the rules, if this happens definitely report it! Because there's no need for them to add MUCH more serious charges for a few hundred bucks and a phone if the victim is compliant.

31 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

That's actually against the rules, if this happens definitely report it! Because there's no need for them to add MUCH more serious charges for a few hundred bucks and a phone if the victim is compliant.

I will, but to be honest, the amount of times me or people close to me have had the usual four guys in masks do this kind of thing is just exhausting. It happens less with male characters, but female characters seem to just be abducted, beaten up and completely humilliated after giving all their earthly posessions without a fight. But that's a different topic.

4 hours ago, DLimit said:

Person would steal a ring to pawn it... it's realistic. Keep it I.C.

Actually personalized items would more than likely be sold for gold value if it's not pawned, because reputable pawn shops probably wouldn't touch personalized items if they didn't know where it came from and that the rightful owner was selling it.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Wuhtah locked this topic