Prevent robbing of priceless items.

KaythPlus

I didn't suggest it expecting many to agree, more did agree than I initially thought. I completely understand the mentality of keeping it In Character, and people's idea that it'd effect realism by having such a rule. I don't disagree that the suggestion isn't the best implementation of fixing this issue. Though I find it odd people disregard that there is an issue entirely.

Fact is, proven by the newer rules that got introduced not so long back;

"It is forbidden to rob anyone when [...] You're using a motorcycle / quad / ATV, these vehicles are fully forbidden"

I don't disagree that this specific rule isn't the best suggestion, though I do disagree with what you said @Moonsong about the menality being concerning. Cause my mentality was simply just for people to have some form of way of doing the absolutely realistic thing of owning long-term possessions on themselves. It's great you haven't been robbed in three years, honestly. And some forms of roleplay it's rarer to get robbed than others. But shown by the initial comments on this post and the frequent dicussion on the legal side, robberies are insanely common to the point of being unrealistic.

At the end of the day yeah, you can wear replicas, you can store all of your items protected by a convoluted stashinfo which is my current implementation. Does it work? Yep, I myself have not lost any of my items since putting them in a stashinfo. But fact is, they're items that IRL I wear openly cause they're inexpensive such as sentimental necklaces, and decorative, inexpensive rings.

In the end @Koko said it best. The rule idea might be shite but the issue is there.

On 10/31/2021 at 1:42 PM, Trupiano said:

Yeah no. 

Nothings off limits is an actual robbery. Why should it be off limits on the server? Because you don't understand why they want to take it? It doesn't matter why they want to take. If they rob you and take your bubblegum, who cares? If I was getting robbed I wouldn't exactly be thinking "ugh, why are you taking my bubblegum! It doesn't even hold any value!". Your mad because you got robbed and lost all your items and so your suggesting a rule that would make it easier to just move on from a robbery like nothing happened. Don't really have to RP losing much if your characters primary items are off limits. You can dress this suggestion however you like but ultimately that's exactly what it boils down to.

There's two things wrong with this, completely.

Firstly, I've been robbed plenty in the last year but have not lost a single item of value, a convoluted stashinfo has kept all my things safe. It's not ideal but it saves against the unrealistic rate of robberies. So the idea that I'm mad isn't true. I simply saw an issue and made a suggestion about it after concuring with a lot of people that it was an issue.

Secondly, random murders with no motive is not off limits in real life, mugging people on a motorbike is not off limits in real life, nor is robbing someone for over $5,000 off limits. But, you might notice, these things are in fact off limits on this server. Fact of the matter is, this isn't real life. It's a roleplay server and in some cases situations and issues arrise that cause new rules to sprout up that don't exactly have realism, but they do the job of what is more important. Keeping the server enjoyable, and keeping the server playable.

Edited by KaythPlus
On 10/30/2021 at 2:54 PM, GambloTwitch said:

Not supporting this. The items are on your character, they can be stolen. I've been robbed IRL and they took something really personal for no reason at all, and I was very sad about that because there was no reason for them to take it. I didn't call IRL admins for it, I just handled it in life. It's IC.

Robberies in real life are 1000 times less common than they are on GTAW my guy.

3 hours ago, Moonsong said:

Actually personalized items would more than likely be sold for gold value if it's not pawned, because reputable pawn shops probably wouldn't touch personalized items if they didn't know where it came from and that the rightful owner was selling it.

Depends on the pawn shop, as some pawn shops are connected with a jeweler.

As much as I have a problem with the number of robberies at the moment. I still will never understand why goods state their worth in an OOC green number besides the name in your inventory. What does that number serve aside being metagames by anyone who runs a /frisk on you. The worth should not be stated to the robber in that manner in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, disnep said:

As much as I have a problem with the number of robberies at the moment. I still will never understand why goods state their worth in an OOC green number besides the name in your inventory. What does that number serve aside being metagames by anyone who runs a /frisk on you. The worth should not be stated to the robber in that manner in my opinion.

I actually agree with this, should only be visible to people with the skills to determine the value. Like pawn shops or jewelers.

Edit:

Made this a suggestion of it's own actually as I think it could be a big benefit.

Edited by Moonsong
6 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

God you are all such whiny fucking children.

The beatings will continue until morale improves. I think the weirdest one I've seen was a gang of child banditos stole a used pregnancy test from a property inventory. Why on God's green earth..

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

But they stole the Mike’s Diner menu card I’ve had for nearly 2 years, absolutely unacceptable! 

That's your fault for not having a Rolex Collection they could snatch out of your closet when being overwhelmed with treasure and forced to decide what to grab as they could impossibly take all the haute couture

edit: And I am not complaining I mean the whole point of having a stash there besides taking a replacement or gift when needed was to reward a possible breakin?

lmao

Edited by knppel
  • Wuhtah locked this topic