Prevent robbing of priceless items.

KaythPlus

If I was living in LA I sure af wouldn't be walking around with a $25,000 watch or ring, just screams "I'm rich, take my shit". This is an entirely IC issue. End of. & this is coming from an LEO RPer that's never done any robberies or anything of the sort.

Edited by PeopleKind

I can sort of understand the frustration here, sometimes it does feel like players take sentimental items just to be dicks, they may not necessarily know it's sentimental. If your character is good with words, they could try to bargain to keep it. Offer something more valuable to them in exchange, or just not go out with it in your inventory? Non-weapon/drug items can,afaik be stashed in vehicles still, so if it's really that valuable to you stash it in an unused vehicle before going on.

But making a rule against robbing sentimental items would open up avenues of abuse that would make it difficult for admins and imo it's more effort than it's worth when the solution is simple.

12 hours ago, GambloTwitch said:

Not supporting this. The items are on your character, they can be stolen. I've been robbed IRL and they took something really personal for no reason at all, and I was very sad about that because there was no reason for them to take it. I didn't call IRL admins for it, I just handled it in life. It's IC.

I sorta agree with the reasoning behind the suggestion. Criminals will steal anything and given how common robberies are, it’s near impossible to RP long term possessions. It’s why not a single married couple on the server wear wedding rings. If they did, which realistically should be the norm, they’ll just be kidnapped the moment someone does /ex and finds out they have a ring on. It’s not about losing money and having to buy another ring. How do you properly RP getting married, then being kidnapped 2 days later because you walked out of a bar and some 15 year old gang member sees your ring and wants to take it? A wedding ring is something where in real life, people wear almost 24/7 everywhere they go. On GTAW, you walk outside with it on and you’re a robbery target almost immediately. It’s pretty ridiculous.

But, adding a rule to completely prevent this, is honestly not the way to go. It’ll be abused heavily and it’ll become a forum report nightmare for the admins. Before you know it, you’ll start seeing people claim that their guns were “passed down from their father” etc, and that it’s too important to their RP for you to take. If this rule is put into place, people are going to bring up that sentimental item card every single time they’re about to lose something. It’ll just be a mess. Also doesn’t really make too much sense to OOCLY restrict what people can or can’t steal. 

Overall, i agree this is a problem and that it is frustrating, but I’m against an entire rule to ban it from happening entirely.

12 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

If I was living in LA I sure af wouldn't be walking around with a $25,000 watch or ring, just screams "I'm rich, take my shit". This is an entirely IC issue. End of. & this is coming from an LEO RPer that's never done any robberies or anything of the sort.

You also wouldn't be robbed 30 times a month in LA.

• Wuhtah locked this topic